The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim (2024)

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sounds super gay to me and I like LoTR. The real one. Not Rings of Diversity.

Definitely never watching any hand to hand mary sue movie ever. How many actual women warriors in thousands of years of recorded history has there been? I can't think of any. Even Joan of Arc was NOT a warrior. This stuff is laughable. Women can not fight. Even today in the world of lightweight firearms women still suck at soldiering and policing. You need physical strength to do real fighting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sounds super gay to me and I like LoTR. The real one. Not Rings of Diversity.

Definitely never watching any hand to hand mary sue movie ever. How many actual women warriors in thousands of years of recorded history has there been? I can't think of any. Even Joan of Arc was NOT a warrior. This stuff is laughable. Women can not fight. Even today in the world of lightweight firearms women still suck at soldiering and policing. You need physical strength to do real fighting.
this is the only one i ever heard of in non fiction
Boudica or Boudicca (/ˈbuːdɪkə, boʊˈdɪkə/, from Brythonic *boudi 'victory, win' + *-kā 'having' suffix, i.e. 'Victorious Woman', known in Latin chronicles as Boadicea or Boudicea, and in Welsh as Buddug, pronounced [ˈbɨðɨɡ]) was a queen of the ancient British Iceni tribe, who led a failed uprising against the conquering forces of the Roman Empire in AD 60 or 61. She is considered a British national heroine and a symbol of the struggle for justice and independence.

Boudica's husband Prasutagus, with whom she had two daughters, ruled as a nominally independent ally of Rome. He left his kingdom jointly to his daughters and to the Roman emperor in his will. When he died, his will was ignored, and the kingdom was annexed and his property taken. According to the Roman historian Tacitus, Boudica was flogged and her daughters raped.[1] The historian Cassius Dio wrote that previous imperial donations to influential Britons were confiscated and the Roman financier and philosopher Seneca called in the loans he had forced on the reluctant Britons.

In 60/61, Boudica led the Iceni and other British tribes in revolt. They destroyed Camulodunum (modern Colchester), earlier the capital of the Trinovantes, but at that time a colonia for discharged Roman soldiers. Upon hearing of the revolt, the Roman governor Gaius Suetonius Paulinus hurried from the island of Mona (modern Anglesey) to Londinium, the 20-year-old commercial settlement that was the rebels' next target. Unable to defend the settlement, he evacuated and abandoned it. Boudica's army defeated a detachment of the Legio IX Hispana, and burnt both Londinium and Verulamium. In all, an estimated 70,000–80,000 Romans and Britons were killed by Boudica's followers. Suetonius, meanwhile, regrouped his forces, possibly in the West Midlands, and despite being heavily outnumbered, he decisively defeated the Britons. Boudica died, by suicide or illness, shortly afterwards. The crisis of 60/61 caused Nero to consider withdrawing all his imperial forces from Britain, but Suetonius's victory over Boudica confirmed Roman control of the province.
she is pretty lolzworthy
Queen_Boudica_by_John_Opie.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Boudica or Boudicca (/ˈbuːdɪkə, boʊˈdɪkə/, from Brythonic *boudi 'victory, win' + *-kā 'having' suffix, i.e. 'Victorious Woman', known in Latin chronicles as Boadicea or Boudicea, and in Welsh as Buddug, pronounced [ˈbɨðɨɡ]) was a queen of the ancient British Iceni tribe, who led a failed uprising against the conquering forces of the Roman Empire in AD 60 or 61. She is considered a British national heroine and a symbol of the struggle for justice and independence.

Boudica's husband Prasutagus, with whom she had two daughters, ruled as a nominally independent ally of Rome. He left his kingdom jointly to his daughters and to the Roman emperor in his will. When he died, his will was ignored, and the kingdom was annexed and his property taken. According to the Roman historian Tacitus, Boudica was flogged and her daughters raped.[1] The historian Cassius Dio wrote that previous imperial donations to influential Britons were confiscated and the Roman financier and philosopher Seneca called in the loans he had forced on the reluctant Britons.

In 60/61, Boudica led the Iceni and other British tribes in revolt. They destroyed Camulodunum (modern Colchester), earlier the capital of the Trinovantes, but at that time a colonia for discharged Roman soldiers. Upon hearing of the revolt, the Roman governor Gaius Suetonius Paulinus hurried from the island of Mona (modern Anglesey) to Londinium, the 20-year-old commercial settlement that was the rebels' next target. Unable to defend the settlement, he evacuated and abandoned it. Boudica's army defeated a detachment of the Legio IX Hispana, and burnt both Londinium and Verulamium. In all, an estimated 70,000–80,000 Romans and Britons were killed by Boudica's followers. Suetonius, meanwhile, regrouped his forces, possibly in the West Midlands, and despite being heavily outnumbered, he decisively defeated the Britons. Boudica died, by suicide or illness, shortly afterwards. The crisis of 60/61 caused Nero to consider withdrawing all his imperial forces from Britain, but Suetonius's victory over Boudica confirmed Roman control of the province.
she is pretty lolzworthy
She had chariots too, which I think was out of date by that point in history but still badass.

Problem is that having Helm's daughter as protagonist could make sense and be a good idea, especially if Helm dies 2/3rds into the movie.

But the well has been poisoned by all the girlboss "this isn't for you don't watch it" shite.

This is how you win arguments with SJWs by the way, point out that the low quality pandering is giving female and minority led movies a bad reputation.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
DeMarco emphasized that with the stylish anime look, the filmmakers didn’t set out to make an animated Peter Jackson movie. Rather, they wanted to make a Kamiyama movie.

It sounds like it at least has potential if you can stomach anime.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

That concept art was fantastic. Now the anime looks even worse. Lot of people are roasting this movie now with Hera being the protagonist.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm

she is pretty lolzworthy

That's retarded. That's like saying queen Elizabeth was a bad ass warrior. I don't fucking think so.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's retarded. That's like saying queen Elizabeth was a bad ass warrior. I don't fucking think so.
yes, but she is all they have. she is supposed to have led battles, leading battles IMO gives you some street cred as a warrior. a fighter she more than likely wasnt. putting your ass on the line in a battle is still something though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
yes, but she is all they have. she is supposed to have led battles, leading battles IMO gives you some street cred as a warrior. a fighter she more than likely wasnt. putting your ass on the line in a battle is still something though.
Who do you have?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who do you have?
? Boudica the only actual warrior woman in real life. she is all the "battle woman" crowd have to look to. me? i dont want a warrior woman, i will take a morally strong woman over that any day. i dont want women in battles.

Chris

Potato del Grande
? Boudica the only actual warrior woman in real life. she is all the "battle woman" crowd have to look to. me? i dont want a warrior woman, i will take a morally strong woman over that any day. i dont want women in battles.
Thought you meant "Britian" rather than "battle woman crowd".