The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the thing is Finn has no romantic interest in azn girl, he liked Rey or Poe, or even anyone really besides azn girl. she basically cockblocked him from his purpose, she pulled that shit earlier when he was trying to run away, which also makes no fucking sense because he wasnt a fucking coward at the end of AFA. his character was completely destroyed in TLJ. he became a subplot to the "Rey is bestest ever" story running sidequests which served no purpose. he was understandably pissed off. in the AFA trailer he seemed to be the focal point of th story. after the movie, people even were conjecturing he may have been Force sensitive or something. nope. all tossed out the window in TLJ. i dont know if Jar Jar Abrams fixed that in the third one but from what i heard, he's still just a spear carrier and its all Rey all the time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Kennedy never agreed with Favreau casting Gina for the role-- due to how much of a role it was. "too big" wasn't used, but it was too big for Gina Carano let's say..

- Pre-production S1 Mandalorian, there were attempts made to recast and/or get Favreau to agree to get a better fit

- Pre-production S2 another attempt was made by Lucas Film to find someone for the Cara Dune character that was a better fit (I'm guessing this means write Cara out, and re-name the character for the recasting) , even though S1 was already done

- Agenda to replace Gina Carano predates the shooting of S1, was always contentious with Lucas Film

- Kennedy ultimately approved every Mandalorian script and casting decision by Favreau. There is no "secret branch" of Lucas Film that operated with autonomy, everything went through Kennedy. Including the casting of Gina Carano

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Kennedy simultaneously approved Carano's casting and was unable to keep her from being in the show? I don't understand these rumors, as if it would be some struggle for Kennedy to not hire or recast an actor she didn't want.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm guessing Favreau would have made waves for Kennedy if she went over his casting. He had more pull than people thought.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kennedy simultaneously approved Carano's casting and was unable to keep her from being in the show? I don't understand these rumors, as if it would be some struggle for Kennedy to not hire or recast an actor she didn't want.
They have been gradually clipping her wings after she shit up the franchise with the latest trilogy and Soylo movie. This is compounded by her alienating every single director she has worked with who is not a complete yes man. She had lots of social pressure, because the mouse is trying to appease the blue hairs, but after TLJ and Soylo she lost absolute power over all parts of the IP. See all the old extended universe shit (which KK fucking despises) getting pumped into all of the clone wars shows and Mando. She is just such a fucking snake that she sends her wokesters out on twitter to undermine and attack rather than directly going after her targets.

And she lies a lot too (Rise of Skywalker Abrams was promised she would have zero creative input and the minute he wrapped his cut she went in and redid a ton of shit) and apparently has avoided getting canned by threatening to play the vagina card if they ever fire her. I honestly think the actual fucking rock character was so ridiculous (and a really weird hill she chose to die on) that it was the last straw. I think they are bypassing her woke crowd by reshuffling things to clip her power, ala Peter Principle, so she can't shit all over anything else. I mean, she has been removed from show runner on something like five of the new D+ SW shows at this point? She got Speilberg to fucking quit an Indy movie with Ford on board?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
You'd think the execs could pool together a happy car accident for her or something.

• 1Dislike

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe, but in that LARP she probably has photos of Iger, Lucas, and Speilberg boning kids on Epstein's island ready to be released via deadman switch.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
She definitely has serious dirt on some big people. Someone like that doesn't sit where she's at without insurance. Execs may want her gone, but they'll lose everything if their secrets are found out. Better to lose a little money with Kennedy in charge than everything if you remove her.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Rubber-stamping. She doesn't know what she's doing, and Favreau has clout. He's also not afraid to dig in.

More of a floozy "ha ha, OK Jon but I really think you should find someone else" teeth grinding 5 minutes of go-through-the-motions rubber-stamp meeting. It would have to be extremely serious for Kennedy to override a show creator with his standing on a casting choice.

Jon Favreau isn't Lord and Miller-- she couldn't just mow him down and demand casting Soylo as the male lead (if you recall Solo casting call for male lead was 1,000 actors, but the first actor they ever audtioned was the one Kennedy forced them to take and Lord and Miller were sour enough to mention/bring that back up during an event, another reason they had a bullseye on their back during the production of Soylo). Plenty of sources on how insistent Favreau was about Carano's casting, he's given a lot of interviews on courting her and his decision to cast her.

• 1Like

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
Maybe, but in that LARP she probably has photos of Iger, Lucas, and Speilberg boning kids on Epstein's island ready to be released via deadman switch

giphy.gif

source.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

Those are some sick lego figures. How small is that Baby Yoda, though? lol

1623082902986.png

baby yoda is estimated to be 16" tall. minfigs are around 1/42 scale so to their scale should be 0.38"

normal minfigs are around 1.6" - 1.9" depending on stud/hair/helmets. Baby minifigs are .75" , which use the same body as baby yoda, but his head may be smaller.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 357220

baby yoda is estimated to be 16" tall. minfigs are around 1/42 scale so to their scale should be 0.38"

normal minfigs are around 1.6" - 1.9" depending on stud/hair/helmets. Baby minifigs are .75" , which use the same body as baby yoda, but his head may be smaller.

Condolences on your autism diagnosis.

• 11Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 13 users