The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guess they really are saving all the good bits for Ahsoka huh?
well, i mean it makes sense. thrawn has way more to do with ahsoka than these guys. thrawn should be more explored in that show

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

thanks for the reply, i didnt know any of that stuff, yeah it still doesnt make sense if she heel turns right now when she had better opportunities when the Darksaber was in her possession. she literally could have taken it and given it to Gideon whenever even if she didnt win it in battle she could have set Mando up to fail and relinquish it to her. i will say one thing. Gideon knew Bo had the DS back in her possession. somebody is a spy.
yeah, i'm thinking it's axe woves. he's the ONLY mando we've seen that hasn't had any kind of redeeming moments. even when he joined forces with the covert he's still being a dick. paz vizsla has been antagonistic a whole bunch but when push came to shove he always sided with the good and honorable. even when he picked a fight with din for the dark saber, it wasn't about wanting to rule mandalore, it was because he views it as a family heirloom. it was made by tarre viszla.

but axe woves bounces AS SOON as the imps showed up. the rest of the mandos were falling over each other just for the chance to shoot an imp, all except for axe. that dude jetted instantly. on top of that, none of the imps went after him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Armorer may be a traitor.

I was wondering if this was a possibility with her leaving right before the trap was sprung, but I don't see what her motivations would be, unless all the Dark Troopers are Maul remnants.

But the episode was called The Spies, and we really only saw Gideon's girl doing any espionage, so I feel like some mando has got to be working with Gideon on this plan.

Axe feels like a better choice as a bad dude, if I had to pick one, since he has been a dick the whole time.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
was that explained in the show? cuz they should have to work in the parameters of this show. if it wasnt brought up then its not going to happen. we know very little about the Armorer.
People are assuming that the Armorer is Rook Kast, who was one of Maul's biggest supporters. She was an extremist follower of the Creed. She was in Clone Wars and the SW comics.
RookKast-OFNF.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was wondering if this was a possibility with her leaving right before the trap was sprung, but I don't see what her motivations would be, unless all the Dark Troopers are Maul remnants.

But the episode was called The Spies, and we really only saw Gideon's girl doing any espionage, so I feel like some mando has got to be working with Gideon on this plan.

Axe feels like a better choice as a bad dude, if I had to pick one, since he has been a dick the whole time.
All the Imperial Super Commandos were the surviving Mauldalorians that followed Gar Saxon to the Empire. That was in Rebels, there could be some non Mandos now.

Yeah, Axe could be the traitor too, but I don't think he would have volunteered to go down to the planet when he would have probably been in charge of the fleet.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People are assuming that the Armorer is Rook Kast, who was one of Maul's biggest supporters. She was an extremist follower of the Creed. She was in Clone Wars and the SW comics.
View attachment 468889
but why would she stick with this very small sect of the Mandos, raise Din, kill a bunch of Imperials in season 2(?) and stay in seclusion just to toss it all away when it gains her nothing? she isnt bringing anything cept her own ass. Gideon captured Din, that would be her prize

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
but why would she stick with this very small sect of the Mandos, raise Din, kill a bunch of Imperials in season 2(?) and stay in seclusion just to toss it all away when it gains her nothing? she isnt bringing anything cept her own ass. Gideon captured Din, that would be her prize
I mean she raised a group of extremists and hid them away on backwater planets. Compare that to the other Mandos who are out and about doing jobs and have ships and shit. It's no different than other cult leaders trying to seclude them.

If she is a "spy" those Stormtroopers wouldn't know who she was. I mean her whole covert died except for her and Paz. Then years go by and she finds a bunch more Mandos to convert.

Once again this is all rumors. All we know is there is supposed to be another Spy. We just don't know who yet. Hell it could be Sasha Banks' character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean she raised a group of extremists and hid them away on backwater planets. Compare that to the other Mandos who are out and about doing jobs and have ships and shit. It's no different than other cult leaders trying to seclude them.

If she is a "spy" those Stormtroopers wouldn't know who she was. I mean her whole covert died except for her and Paz. Then years go by and she finds a bunch more Mandos to convert.

Once again this is all rumors. All we know is there is supposed to be another Spy. We just don't know who yet. Hell it could be Sasha Banks' character.
that is a real possibility, i dont think she has had many lines this season if any. but she has been prominent, just looking good and being quiet. if there is a spy, she coud be the "Surprise, Motherfucka" twist and not Axe Woves.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Axe Woves will be outed as the spy. He pops up and tells the Mando fleet that the Armorer and/or Bo Katan are traitors, but then X-Wing bros show up on the trail of Gideon and the jig is up.

Oldbased

> Than U
Doesn't shock me if he is leaving. As I had already said last week it feels like anyone can be him. The suit and no removal of helmet severely limits acting and Pascal is a show actor. He likes to be seen and his skill is emotions, linguistics and body posture to his roles. None of which he can do inside a tin can.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that is a real possibility, i dont think she has had many lines this season if any. but she has been prominent, just looking good and being quiet. if there is a spy, she coud be the "Surprise, Motherfucka" twist and not Axe Woves.

Just feels stupid to make it Axe Woves but I guess that's in line with the writing this season.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it SORT of was brought up in the show. the mandalorians who followed darth maul called themselves death watch. the armorer's covert is specifically called "the children of the watch." i THINK there have been a few other mentions throughout the show, but at the very least, the armorer said in this last episode that "death watch is no more." whether she was part of death watch specifically or just part of what came from the ashes (children of the watch) hasn't been made clear.

a lot of people are drawing conclusions to both gideon and the armorer's helm having spikes, but they aren't the same kind of spikes. gideon's spikes look very much like death watch spikes, which specifically mimicked darth maul's that go around the helm. the armorer's are 4 spikes lined up in a row on the front, sort of mimicking a crown or tiara. on one hand, they are the only characters that have spikes on their helm so it feels connected, but on the other hand they don't seem to be referencing the same thing.

but again, if the armorer was working for gideon, it would make WAY more sense for him to have her keep the mandalorians split apart and away from mandalore. it's possible that gideon could be jockeying to use the defeat of a united mandalorian people like a trophy and that he should be leading the imperial remnant instead of thrawn... but i still don't see why the armorer would go along with that. death watch wanted to RULE mandalore, not kill off the mandalorian people as a whole.

on top of that, death watch is SUPER fixated on the dark saber, it's why they all followed maul. din grew up in the children of the watch and he said he and his people don't care about the dark saber AT ALL. she doesn't feel like death watch at all, to me. i believe her when she says death watch is no more
Small nitpick: Probably not intended but this gives the impression that Maul created Death Watch, but they were around before Maul. Clone Wars gave the impression that all of Concordia (moon of Mandalore, where the extremists/separatists/old way followers were exiled) had turned to the Death Watch.

The first episode in the Mandalore saga is Obi Wan helping Duchess Satine figure out what's going on, on Concodia. Maul is found by Savage, sometime after this date, and then both of them are found by Death Watch soon after. They make a deal, where each feel that they can use then discard/betray the other, at a later date. It's the best story line in Clone Wars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Just feels stupid to make it Axe Woves but I guess that's in line with the writing this season.
what do you mean? he's the only one who has actively and consistently antagonistic to the characters that we know to be good. he's picked fights with bo-katan and paz, he's openly mocked bo-katan and din and the other children of the watch... he clearly worships the dark saber and rite of combat it holds. he WAS one of bo-katan's lieutenants until SOMEONE inspired them all to follow him instead of her, then as soon as he gets a good gig getting paid to sit around doing nothing, bo-katan and din come around with the dark saber and mess that all up. publicly humiliate him and steal all his mandos.

he's got plenty of motive to be a traitor, whereas the ONLY reason people are looking at the armorer is because the episode name. the show is clearly using her as a misdirect.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
what do you mean? he's the only one who has actively and consistently antagonistic to the characters that we know to be good. he's picked fights with bo-katan and paz, he's openly mocked bo-katan and din and the other children of the watch... he clearly worships the dark saber and rite of combat it holds. he WAS one of bo-katan's lieutenants until SOMEONE inspired them all to follow him instead of her, then as soon as he gets a good gig getting paid to sit around doing nothing, bo-katan and din come around with the dark saber and mess that all up. publicly humiliate him and steal all his mandos.

he's got plenty of motive to be a traitor, whereas the ONLY reason people are looking at the armorer is because the episode name. the show is clearly using her as a misdirect.

Look, I don't want it to be the armorer. But it's just very basic for the privateer asshole to also be the sellout spy. WOW GUYS AN ASSHOLE MERC WAS SPYING, AN ASSHOLE FOR HIRE ACTUALLY SOLD OUT is pretty transparent.

I'd like a curveball, something more interesting.

j00t

Look, I don't want it to be the armorer. But it's just very basic for the privateer asshole to also be the sellout spy. WOW GUYS AN ASSHOLE MERC WAS SPYING, AN ASSHOLE FOR HIRE ACTUALLY SOLD OUT is pretty transparent.

I'd like a curveball, something more interesting.
have you been on the internet since wednesday? the curveball is that it ISN'T the armorer

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How do you know?

They used both of their pronouns, dumb-ass.

Also it makes Bo-Katan look better morally and let her develop. The fact she didn't take the saber and tell Dinn it was hers now helped highlight she wasn't in a power hungry mindset. Think about how she was portrayed at the end of season 2 - totally gave off the "fuck you, that was my destiny!" vibe. Her being willing to help Mando in S3, and then not claiming the saber when it was easy, helped make her a more appealing heroic character

I forgot which character said it, but it's not the saber itself that has power. It's the story. That's why he had to tell the story to the mercenaries.

Oldbased

> Than U
They used both of their pronouns, dumb-ass.

I forgot which character said it, but it's not the saber itself that has power. It's the story. That's why he had to tell the story to the mercenaries.
Did you just assume pronouns in Star Wars are same as humans in EarthWars?
BIGOT!