The Mandalorian

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the extended universe books they retroactively made it make sense by saying the Falcon was fast enough to take a route that went past a cluster of black holes such that a slower ship would hit the gravity well(s) and get fucked. That route was a shorter route, hence "less than 12 parsecs."
In the last season of Clone Wars, they (Ahsoka, Rafa, and Trace) go to Kessel. They imply the run is a cleared path that snakes through a dense nebula type cloud and say something about only fools would go into the nebula to make it shorter, or some such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They even Mention Navaro is in the Outer Rim, like if ships travel so fast, then they should be able ot just cover the whole galaxy.
Yea this was my only annoyance with the episode. But can still be explained away by saying the pirates had been there a few months by the time the mandos come in. We have no indication of how much time has passed. Tbf they did this shit in the original trilogy. How much time and important battles pass through between each of the episodes? Hell a single episode probably rakes place over the span of multiple months

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Attending the Paleyfest Mando showing tomorrow. Will update if they talk about anything mindblowing.
No news from Paleyfest. They screened this week's episode (The Pirate) so cool to see that on a movie screen, and then there was an hour panel with Favreau, Filoni, Famuwiya, Pedro and Katee.
They were extremely tight lipped about anything even remotely spoilery ahead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Solid episode only slightly lessened by Carl Weathers’ wooden acting.
weathers is a great actor, but i REALLY get the feeling that he just has no idea what he's in. it's like he's never heard of star wars or even any kind of science fiction/fantasy. i feel like he's TRYING to understand it, but he's just lost. it's like when you were a kid playing pretend and your grandpa comes in and tries to join in, which is sweet in it's own way, but otherwise has no idea what he's doing

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
weathers is a great actor, but i REALLY get the feeling that he just has no idea what he's in. it's like he's never heard of star wars or even any kind of science fiction/fantasy. i feel like he's TRYING to understand it, but he's just lost. it's like when you were a kid playing pretend and your grandpa comes in and tries to join in, which is sweet in it's own way, but otherwise has no idea what he's doing
Weathers is fine, he was in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. but being wooden and stoic is just how he plays his roles, which is why he always plays a figure of authority. cop/politician/bureaucrat. its basically the reason why he isnt a much bigger star at this point in his career

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He literally was wooden in Happy Gilmore. Goddamn gator!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like we are gonna see another Rebels cameo soon. Most likely Sabine will show up soon.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Looks like we are gonna see another Rebels cameo soon. Most likely Sabine will show up soon.
Seems way more possible its Hera since she's a general in the fleet, I feel like Bo-Katan is going to track down Sabine and Clan Wren herself in the next ep or 2. I'd be happy with either though.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really wish I hadn't skipped all the cartoon SW stuff so I could be as hyped as all of you.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

Nielsen’s U.S. streaming numbers
1680485484452.png

57% of the 823m views were for s3e1
in 2020, after s2e1 premiered, with 8 from s1 it had 1.03b views
not sure but think S2's premiere had fewer days during its first rating period

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nielsen’s U.S. streaming numbers
View attachment 467093

57% of the 823m views were for s3e1
in 2020, after s2e1 premiered, with 8 from s1 it had 1.03b views
not sure but think S2's premiere had fewer days during its first rating period
Yes. Mando viewership is way down. It's their own fault, waiting years for a third season. So much filler and firing Gina and milking that tiny Yoda merch for all its worth.

• 1EyeRoll

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yes. Mando viewership is way down. It's their own fault, waiting years for a third season. So much filler and firing Gina and milking that tiny Yoda merch for all its worth.
I could overlook all that if this season didn't suck, but suck it does. We got our first okay episode in the last one, but really there's been too much trash and noise to get there.

Cybsled

On the flipside, Mando numbers in a vacuum only tell us so much. Did D+ lose subs and if so, what is the prior ratio of subs vs viewers and did that ratio fall as well?