The Marvels (2023)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I also think it goes much deeper than some societal programming why we like shit we like. Why women are drawn to big men which can protect them.
Its genetics. The general mindset of men and women do not arise from how they where raised, they are innate and how they where raised was simply following the innate programming. People never stop to think that maybe, just maybe the way we had our society/culture structured up until the 1950s wasnt purely because muhsogyknees.

The Reimer twins proved this pretty damn well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Awesome, I found them.
Won't be selling these.

20231022_095339.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
a few decades ago when i was in college, one thing that always stuck with me was on societal and gender roles. it was pre woke nonsense, so it wasn't about pushing agendas, it was an anthropology class on how strongly societal norms impact the way people behave on a subconscious level from country to country. one of the things the professor talked about was how in america we raise our sons to find value in one thing and our daughters to find value in a completely different thing based simply on how we praise them. he said when you're driving your son home from t-ball, you say things like "You did great out there! When you caught that fly ball and threw it home? You forced 2 outs! I'm so proud of you!" but when you praise your daughter? "Aw honey! You looked SO pretty out there!"

we praise our sons on what they DO and praise our daughters on what they LOOK like. so you get guys who are interested in action movies because it's all about DOING something. and we intrinsically understand that when you do something and it's hard, it increases the value of what you've done. women on the other hand need to look pretty. but modern feminism is trying to rebuff that, and tell women that it's good to find value in DOING things, but don't understand the value in hard work. which is how you get rey palpatine and carol danvers. nothing is hard for them, they do everything perfectly.

i don't inherently think it's a bad thing to market superhero movies to girls, though i do think it's a LONG process to try to change some of that societal programming.
This is the exact woke mindset and why they are putting out these shitty movies.

Treat women like men and they will become men.

It's not true, too much is biological and not social.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Awesome, I found them.
Won't be selling these.

View attachment 496611
i feel like watching mine now too. i loved that show. some weird shit in it. like Claire's dad was super creepy toward her. they had a good start. Hiro and Claire were best, Sylar was ok. Peter and his brother the politician was meh. the guy playing Pete was always in super serious mode. it wasnt for the role either, he was exactly that way in Rocky 6. dude had no range of emotions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
big spoilers. OMG you're gonna want to pay to see this movie just for the after credits scene.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ome

Molten Core Raider
They could have the Beyonder showing up giving Monica back shots and I still wouldn't care.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They could have the Beyonder showing up giving Monica back shots and I still wouldn't care.
its pretty funny to me that they named the Black Marvel, Monica. somebody in the writer's room has a sense of humor and it went over the NPCs heads.

• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its pretty funny to me that they named the Black Marvel, Monica. somebody in the writer's room has a sense of humor and it went over the NPCs heads.
Yeah, good thing she's been around since 1982 to make your fail joke.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Yeah, good thing she's been around since 1982 to make your fail joke.
You see, when Sam Jackson called River Phoenix, Monica, in Training Day, he was actually referring to 1982 Captain Marvel.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Harshaw is super serious about his MCU and Star Wars. no jokes allowed.
Well...Star Wars is serious business that I hope goes back to George, since he is gentle when he rapes his old IPs, but Marvel is a clown show that needs to die in a fire.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well...Star Wars is serious business that I hope goes back to George, since he is gentle when he rapes his old IPs, but Marvel is a clown show that needs to die in a fire.
well , he's deeply into comic book lore and that cartoon star wars program and written SW novels. so if you diss bad Disney MCU and SW content, he gets all kinds of triggered and lashes out at you. "clearly you never watched episode 12 of the third season of Clone Wars and you obviously dont know that in 1982, Monica Rambeau was named after Stan Lee's cat, so fuck you, loser!" the nerdrage is it's own reward.