The Matrix (1999)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems like when marketing powerful interconnectivity for patient data storage the 'it's like the matrix' approach seems misguided.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Seems like when marketing powerful interconnectivity for patient data storage the 'it's like the matrix' approach seems misguided.
It is an odd marketing choice. "We're going to affiliate our hospital products with a software program bent on destroying humanity."

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Nayemey survived? Wtf? The fucking ship blew up with her still in the matrix. There is no fucking way she escaped. Fucking film is terrible.
Answering an old post.

If you're referring to the ship that gets taken out by the thrown bomb and there's a guy with his legs in splits trying to get to the EMP thing, that was another ship. There were 3 ships that teamed up to do the powerstation / powergrid complex thing. The ship that gets blown up was captained by the bald headed stocky guy. Killing him and his crew.

Niobe's ship survives and that's the one that they use to fly back to Zion.

Don't worry I fully understand the confusion, it's all a mess.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
More entertaining than the last two combined. And thank god she didn't watch those.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I'm watching this now and it shows the world in the late 20th century...how does time travel in the Matrix...would time continue to progress forward? At what point would they reset things and how do they wipre the memories of those in the matrix during a reset and creating a new matrix? (As they have said they have done in the past)

Also how do people have kids in the Matrix? Do the machines keep tabs on those who have kids and grow them one to plant into the matrix as blonging to them? Seems like a pretty complicated process.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also how do people have kids in the Matrix? Do the machines keep tabs on those who have kids and grow them one to plant into the matrix as blonging to them? Seems like a pretty complicated process.

Inquiring minds want to know.
You're looking at it wrong. Humans in the Matrix don't have kids (no physical contact) anymore. The Matrix makes the choice (probably would use an RNG) and all babies are test tube babies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You see kids in the Matrix and people die in the Matrix, they would run out of people if they weren't repopulating it. So where do those kids come from, both inside and outside the Matrix.

I'm pretty sure humans in the Matrix would reject a matrix where they weren't having sex, much like they rejected the original "perfect world" they first created for them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You see kids in the Matrix and people die in the Matrix, they would run out of people if they weren't repopulating it. So where do those kids come from, both inside and outside the Matrix.

I'm pretty sure humans in the Matrix would reject a matrix where they weren't having sex, much like they rejected the original "perfect world" they first created for them.
Are you fucking trolling? Did someone hack your account? Seriously.

Humans in the Matrix fuck in their minds, yeah, they don't know the difference. The Matrix has to determine when/if a female gets "pregnant" then take an egg from her and sperm from the guy and make the baby. A decent RNG would keep the population at whatever growth level they wanted.

If you want to know where kids come from outside the fucking Matrix then I suggest you ask your fucking parents to have "that talk" with you. Wtf?

iannis

Musty Nester

Reincarnation. When someone "dies", if their meatbrain is still viable they get plopped into the body of an 8 year old. It's the fucking Matrix, if you accept "Woah. I know kung fu" from a memory tape then reincarnation isn't a stretch at all.

If the meatbrain dies then it gets replaced with a test tube baby. Population control isn't even a thing -- for all we know the entirety of the human survivors exist inside that one Matrix-city going about their lives. They get reports of war in the middle east... but if anyone signs up for the army and ships out... PLOOP, into the 8 year old he goes!

Basically every one of your questions when it comes to the matrix is answerable, and answered by, "A Wizard did it".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Are you fucking trolling? Did someone hack your account? Seriously.

Humans in the Matrix fuck in their minds, yeah, they don't know the difference. The Matrix has to determine when/if a female gets "pregnant" then take an egg from her and sperm from the guy and make the baby. A decent RNG would keep the population at whatever growth level they wanted.

If you want to know where kids come from outside the fucking Matrix then I suggest you ask your fucking parents to have "that talk" with you. Wtf?
You know all this how? All it said was "I saw whole fields where humans are no longer born, they are grown." It never mentioned once if they actually go out of their way to go and find the two batteries that are fucking inside their computer simulation and go out of their way to harvest shit specifically from them.

You're very angry for little to no reason, I suggest you go medicate yourself very soon.

Basically every one of your questions when it comes to the matrix is answerable, and answered by, "A Wizard did it".
This is pretty much what I figured.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was just giving an example of how it most likely would be done. Occam's Razor, google it. Sure, they don't have to harvest from whatever two specific humans are fucking, but it would be simple for them to do and there's no reason not to do it. You are the one who asked questions that you can answer on your own if you know the source material, and don't matter anyway. There are no plot holes on this subject, so why bother asking? Idle curiosity?

Just because I tend to use the word "fucking" a lot doesn't mean I'm angry. Sorry, didn't realize you were so fucking sensitive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was just giving an example of how it most likely would be done. Occam's Razor, google it. Sure, they don't have to harvest from whatever two specific humans are fucking, but it would be simple for them to do and there's no reason not to do it.You are the one who asked questions that you can answer on your own if you know the source material,and don't matter anyway. There are no plot holes on this subject, so why bother asking? Idle curiosity?

Just because I tend to use the word "fucking" a lot doesn't mean I'm angry. Sorry, didn't realize you were so fucking sensitive.
You realize the point of asking a question is because you don't infact know the answer, correct?

Shit dude, pop a prozac.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I was just giving an example of how it most likely would be done. Occam's Razor, google it. Sure, they don't have to harvest from whatever two specific humans are fucking, but it would be simple for them to do and there's no reason not to do it. You are the one who asked questions that you can answer on your own if you know the source material, and don't matter anyway. There are no plot holes on this subject, so why bother asking? Idle curiosity?

You and Edge should totally have angst driven sex, you're perfect for each other.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
You and Edge should totally have angst driven sex, you're perfect for each other.
Angst?

Dude, I'm perma chill. The angsty mofos around here are the ones that like to bitch and complain about every thing. Sorry The Matrix has too sharp of knees for ya.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so if a healthy person unknowingly eats poison that kills them , how does the matrix know to flush them down into the food pond? i mean if you have nothing wrong with you and you have no reason to be dead, then why would you be?