The Matrix (1999)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For some reason, every time I think of the sequels, I get the same stupid pair of scenes in my head. The first time where Agent Smith comes into the real world, and stabs a lady with a scapel in the stomach and she instantly dies. Then the scene with Trinity after the ship crash in the 3rd movie where she has three one-inch thick pieces of rebar sticking through her and she talks for three minutes. Just... still annoys the shit out of me. And I genuinely like the entire trilogy, even if the story sort of went off the deep end towards the middle of Reloaded.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only good scene in Reloaded is the freeway scene. The fights were over the top and too long, thus becoming boring.
The only good part in revolutions:
htrp://youtu.be/vTOzdsMDSpA
The rest was dull, not entertaining at all and some really dumb (dbz between smith and neo LMAO)

Oh but both had a good thing in common: Monica Bellucci

Column_sl

shitlord
That fight and the neo vs smiths are the prime example of what i was saying: over the top, too much bullshit and too long = boring
It's probly because you have a Vagina...

rrr_img_91169.png

Arakkis

N00b
I'm p sure most ovaries produce enough testosterone to enjoy that fight. If you can't pay attention to a fight where they are constantly changing weapons and using Matrix magic you wore a helmet with a chin strap when you were a kid.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The scene where the octopus robots pour into the human city was cool as fuck. The CGI just blew me away when it came out.

Column_sl

shitlord
One cool thing about how they shot the neo vs smiths fight. The fight is actually going so fast a human wouldn't be able to see any of it.

The way we know that is they cut to a person viewing it from behind a fence from her POV ,and all she sees is fast moving blurs.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's probly because you have a Vagina...

rrr_img_91169.png
Yeah...no!
"We" already discussed this issue with Raid. Great action scenes, long fight scenes that become monotonous.

But whatever, the movie is bad although it has some good stuff (not the fights imo).

I wish the Matrix elaborated more on exiles and their interactions with the machines (agents.) Like during the highway scene, the agents specifically stated that the exile (key maker) was the primary target basically putting him over Morpheus/trinity. Also seeing more interaction between smith and the agents would have been cool. Like how were the machines combating smith while all this shit was going on, is that why there were so many copies of smith at the time of the 100 smith vs neo fight or was that just from him copying himself with everyone he came into contact with. I mean if Morpheus could find Merovengian then why couldn't the machines? Ya I am totally overthinking this and being a nerd but damnit I want to know MORE.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Since we've already established the series was much better than the vocal haters (who are also vaginas) think, I'd just like to add that Matrix Online had a pretty fucking good story too. It was just an awful, awful game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
cant believe we are still debating whether reloaded was a good film. it was. was it as good as the original matrix? no, but then again most sequels are not as good as the sequel either. revolutions i think most of us agree was just mediocre to terrible, i tried watching it a few months back and i couldnt sit through it. reloaded works on so many levels it easily qualifies as a good film, the music, the choreography, the CGI (for its time), the stunts and the hot as fuck monica bellucci. yes its over the top. thats the whole point, the neo character is a super being inside the matrix (and possibly outside of it unless thats just another level of the matrix) and so in order to give him challenge everything else has to be amped up as well.if you consider that a con for the film then its also a con for the original.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like how were the machines combating smith while all this shit was going on, is that why there were so many copies of smith at the time of the 100 smith vs neo fight or was that just from him copying himself with everyone he came into contact with.
They did show him copy himself onto another agent. Essentially the machines were powerless against him. He was a virus that spread through the entire Matrix. That's why they needed Neo in Revolutions. The machines plugged him back in to save the Matrix for everyone.

They did show him copy himself onto another agent. Essentially the machines were powerless against him. He was a virus that spread through the entire Matrix. That's why they needed Neo in Revolutions. The machines plugged him back in to save the Matrix for everyone.

I understand that and I remember this scene however it is the only time you see Smith interact with the agents or vice versa. I am not sure if the agent showed up there to pursue Smith or Neo at that point. Are agents even aware of the cycle? I know some of the exiles mention it like the Merovingian but it doesn't seem like agents had the whole picture. I mean if they did, does that mean they let Neo and friends get away every time, knowing that Neo eventually had to reach the architect and refresh the cycle? I think that is one of the reasons why Smith went rogue. He mentioned something, if I remember correctly, that after he died he realized what his purpose was ect ect. Basically stuck in a infinite loop of chasing Neo and gang.

I'd basically like to know where exactly do the exiles stand when it comes to how the machines/agents view them. Are they seen as a illegal alien, small time scrub, a pest, or are they viewed on the opposite spectrum as an extreme terrorist. I wish the movie explored these areas more than the romance between Neo and Trininty.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The agents were not privy to the whole picture, no, they were pawns.

Smith says that when he died, because of his interaction with Neo he realized he didn't have to do what he was supposed to and be deleted, he could choose not to.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I think you may be going too far. Smith recognized The Matrix as a zoo, but I don't think he mentioned explicit iterations outside of his integration of Morpheus. Smith seemed to recognize previous iterations without realizing that it was a part of a cycle necessary to maintain the system.

The Merovingian is quoted saying, "I have survived your predecessors, and I will survive you." I always assumed this meant the previous iterations of the one (Neo) but I guess it could mean any of the redpills. If however he is aware of the cycle, why does he even engage in conflict with the redpills, IE fighting over the keymaker ect. Is it just a plothole or do exiles just not give a fuck about the cycle like smith.

just read a bunch of shit atThe MATRIX 101 - Understanding The Matrix Trilogy
basically answered most of my questions. too lazy to type atm because of homework but there is a lot of interesting stuff on that website.