The Mummy (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely one of those movies my grandma and older family loved. I remember them laughing constantly at the terrible jokes

Randin

Trakanon Raider
You guys weren't kidding about Paint it Black, they played the opening of that song five times by my count.

Aside from that, looks like a decent mindless popcorn movie; I'll probably end up seeing it.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
The original had charm, fun, didn't take itself too seriously, and had just enough seriousness to make it suspenseful and interesting. The sequels went full cheeseball though. This movie looks full on /seriousmode

We'll see if it works

spronk

FPS noob
looks interesting, tough to tell how it'll be. Looks kind of a mash up of Predator 2 and The Mummy. Saw Jack Reacher 2 last night and it was pretty terrible so hopefully he can get his mojo back

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Universal rolled out the name for their unified monster franchise and the major players already cast in it's first round of movies.

FIN02_DarkUniverse_TT-2.jpg

FIN01_DarkUniverse_GroupShot_4MB-3.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'll give 'em this; I thought the whole idea of a "monster universe" sounded dumb as shit when they first announced it but they have definitely signed some star power to back the whole thing up. That doesn't mean the movies will be any good but it's a start.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They're going to make the same mistake that DC is making by going way too hard at universe building. Instead, they should just focus on making a couple really solid, self-contained movies and loosely build connections in credit scenes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They're going to make the same mistake that DC is making by going way too hard at universe building. Instead, they should just focus on making a couple really solid, self-contained movies and loosely build connections in credit scenes.

It's funny. Marvel showed all these assholes how to do this shit, but they don't seem to get it. Hell they already did a "reboot" of this whole thing, originally Dracula Untold was supposed to be the first movie.

spronk

FPS noob
tom cruise = mummy i guess? kinda spoils the movie
johnny depp = invisible man?
russell crowe = dr. jekyll / hyde?
chick = bride of frankenstein?
other guy = dracula? werewolf?

no frankenstein, swamp thing (black lagoon), 50 foot woman... umm, most of the rest sound kinda retarded anyways like the deadly mantis, tarantula, etc.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Javier Bardem is Frankenstein I believe. Tom Cruise is just a dude. Chick is the mummy. Russel Crowe is Dr. Jekyll, and Depp is Invisible Man

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just by hearing they are jump starting a franchise makes me think these movies are going to be like the D.C. ones, not the Marvel ones. I don't want to have to read an info graph to understand how they line up.

Just give me 2 hours of self contained story. These days I have more fun watching 30 minute movie reviews on YouTube than watching most movies that show up in the theaters. Seeing they're starting a new franchise just makes it sound like work, not a good time.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just by hearing they are jump starting a franchise makes me think these movies are going to be like the D.C. ones, not the Marvel ones. I don't want to have to read an info graph to understand how they line up.

Just give me 2 hours of self contained story. These days I have more fun watching 30 minute movie reviews on YouTube than watching most movies that show up in the theaters. Seeing they're starting a new franchise just makes it sound like work, not a good time.

Gotta chase that Marvel money hat rainbow. Disney is probably the only company with the money and patience to do this shit right. They were smart to not even try to mimic Marvel's template with the way they are doing Star Wars.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
  • 1Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
From the trailer, Tom is undead-ish? So he'll be the effective 'audience' in each movie. Bonus points if he develops powers from each monster and becomes a time loop hero fighting aliens.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Apparently Cruise is supposed to be a Doctor Van Helsing type character according to some articles and interviews on Bloody-Disgusting.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wait, this is just now finally coming out? I've been seeing commercials for months it seems like and thought it had already aired and drifted away.
I wonder why they marketed this so long in advance?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Casting a lot of primadonna, highly paid A-list actors to be the backbone of your cinematic Universe that really doesn't need to exist in the first place seems like a terrible idea.

Also, no reviews in for this yet meaning it's probably going to suck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Casting a lot of primadonna, highly paid A-list actors to be the backbone of your cinematic Universe that really doesn't need to exist in the first place seems like a terrible idea.

Also, no reviews in for this yet meaning it's probably going to suck.

It's like @Screamfeeder always says, don't write scripts for a-listers, write scripts that create a-listers. Pratt being an example.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why do they even need to cast someone to be an invisible man?

• 1Solidarity