The Night Of

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The Night Of
7FBeSojeyiTMgIxm6QPUVzpDP93.jpg

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2016-07-10

Creator: Richard Price

Cast: John Turturro, Riz Ahmed, Michael Kenneth Williams, Bill Camp, Jeannie Berlin, Payman Maadi, Poorna Jagannathan, Glenne Headly, Amara Karan, Syam M. Lafi, Paul Sparks

Overview: After a night of partying with a female stranger, a man wakes up to find her stabbed to death and is charged with her murder.

Yeah it definitely had a true detective vibe really enjoyable. Not likely there was so much blood in that room and he had none on him so unlikely unless he was naked when he did and then washed up is a possibility as he had on what appeared to be different clothes when he awoke in the kitchen. But the characters thus far are great.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If we find out at the end the Tutor did kill the girl then I will be annoyed with the beginning narrative. The way they portray the dude is a nice nerdy guy that comes from a really nice loving family. They make it seem like everything about that night was out of character for him, from taking his Dad's Taxi to engaging with the dead chick. Not to mention how he wakes up and freaks out when he finds the body. If he ends up being the killer it will be terrible hamfisted writing.

I really hope that he truly did not do it and it ends up being a story about Turturro's Character (a shitty attorney). A shitty attorney that has kinda given up hope/faith in the legal system who probably also has a messed family life, that overcomes air tight evidence to prove this kid's innocence. I hope the drama is in the fact that you think he is screwed but somehow someway Turturro gets him off.

I did enjoy the 1st episode I just hope it does not go too Hollywood and if this kid suddenly turns into Edward Norton from Primal Fear I will be disappoint!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched the first episode. That was pretty tense throughout.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just watched it. This looks like it could be really good! I am going to bet that Nasir (Tutor) didn't do it. Not only would it be hamfisted writing. It would also be deceptive TV.

They have shown us that he was totally perplexed by the situation. To have that all be an act within an act would just be fucking bad. Drug induced blackout rage is also stupid.

Khane

Just watched it. This looks like it could be really good! I am going to bet that Nasir (Tutor) didn't do it. Not only would it be hamfisted writing. It would also be deceptive TV.

They have shown us that he was totally perplexed by the situation. To have that all be an act within an act would just be fucking bad. Drug induced blackout rage is also stupid.
Could be something less hamfisted than that like multiple personality disorder. Pakistani Jekyll and Hyde in NYC.

Best part of the episode for me was the end where Turturro's character realizes he made a mistake taking the case because he didn't have all the facts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ick. Lets hope it focuses on the Lawyer and his inner thoughts though. I don't need some weird twists like that. Just good actual writing.

Khane

I agree, something like a mental disorder would be too obvious and kind of lame.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought this didn't start yet? Did the pilot leak?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, I don't think it's airing on HBO until July 10th. I'll check it out on GO.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we just watched it on go. It's good, looking forward to the full season. You have to allow for the fact the main kid is dumb and the hilarious series of events that lead up to his arrest, but now that the stage is set in interested to see where it goes.

Khane

I think it's a 3 part miniseries rather than a full season.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Should be 8 episodes, although the BBC show it was based on is only 5. The HBO version is supposedly pretty beat for beat adaptation, so not sure where the extra time comes from. May watch it while waiting, but not sure.

Khane

Happy to see my Wakandan Bodie in something. Also, murderer is clearly hearse man.
They really did a great job with laying subtle, but not too subtle, hints on possible culprits other than him (him being the pakistani kid)

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, two hints so far. The Hearst guy and the friend of the Black guy who walked down the street. He stares too long. However, both seem too obvious. Probably someone else.... the neighbor?

Khane

They are definitely too obvious. Mostly because they were both black. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the neighbor but that seems too obvious too.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can you guys put any potential spoilers in tags, especially if this is an adaptation?