The Night Of

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is plenty of stuff to nitpick but the missing knife defense is not one of them. It was part of the picture they were painting and all of it together would raise reasonable doubt. It was one of the most coherent parts of the story where most of the rest of the show was an incoherent mess of "wtf?"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is plenty of stuff to nitpick but the missing knife defense is not one of them. It was part of the picture they were painting and all of it together would raise reasonable doubt. It was one of the most coherent parts of the story where most of the rest of the show was an incoherent mess of "wtf?"

Their reasonable doubt defense was all over the place. They went shallow on a bunch of topics but never went deep on anyone. It felt like they were just firing a machine gun hoping one would stick. They never gave me anything more than "There is a chance it could be this guy" instead of defending Naz as "There is a chance it wasn't this guy."

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They had an expert medical examiner discredit the DA's medical examiner about the knife wound on his hand among other things.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their reasonable doubt defense was all over the place. They went shallow on a bunch of topics but never went deep on anyone. It felt like they were just firing a machine gun hoping one would stick. They never gave me anything more than "There is a chance it could be this guy" instead of defending Naz as "There is a chance it wasn't this guy."
There is no defense for a guy who can be proven to be in the area for something but did not do it. "There is a chance it is this guy" is exactly what you put forth. They absolutely proved that the police did not do their due diligence which should be enough to get him off.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
There is no defense for a guy who can be proven to be in the area for something but did not do it. "There is a chance it is this guy" is exactly what you put forth. They absolutely proved that the police did not do their due diligence which should be enough to get him off.
And this is how you think a real jury in NYC would act? I want to live in your world.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

"America uses its stories to export a myth of itself, just like the UK. The reality of Britain is vibrant multiculturalism, but the myth we export is an all-white world of lords and ladies. Conversely, American society is pretty segregated, but the myth it exports is of a racial melting-pot, everyone solving crimes and fighting aliens side by side."

Hahahahahahahaha. Yes, Britian is the shining beacon of multiculturalism as opposed to the segregated American society. Right.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't hate it, but I wasn't overly impressed either. I kept expecting more out of the murder mystery and less of the him becoming a hard-ass man in prison. Plus they kept showing super close-ups of the deer head on the wall and I kept thinking it would play a role somehow. Maybe I had false expectations but this was not what I was looking for.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I just watched this. I want the Muslim kid locked regardless of whether he did it. I liked that this gave a relatively realistic portrayal of the criminal justice system, not unlike the Wire. However there was a lot of really, really stupid shit, like the lawyer bitch sneaking in pills up her snatch or the fact that someone who is in the middle of a high profile criminal trial is sitting in general pop at Rikers. Also, what the fuck was the point of the whole side story with the cat?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user