The Official Guitar Thread

Seventh

Golden Squire
I might go shop for a reverb pedal.

I don't think I'm going to go for a multi-effects after all; I already have a pretty decent OD, so all I would really want at this point is a reverb and maybe a looper. I don't need shit like a flanger, etc.

I've tried a few amps with digital reverb and they were all blahhhhhh. So I suspect a reverb in a multi-effects is going to sound similarly blah.
Make it so. I had this combo and it was fucking incredible.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Okay, so, I'm a fucking liar. I got a screaming deal on the Alessandro and I couldn't turn it down.

So, uh, I don't need a reverb pedal anymore.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Picked up one earlier this year, and have been very happy with it. Probably the top of the pack in regards to modelers below the KPA / AxeFX price range. You can pick up a used one now for 350ish all day long (without PT). Really nice bang for the buck. Little lacking in the FX department, but what it has is solid. Not as if you can't run other pedals and shit to pick up the slack.
yeah I've been playing with the fx loop, ironically though, I think the rack is better than my pedals. I do like my flashback for certain things though.

Heres some eleven rack wanking, I had to prop the phone up with a drink cup.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I'm not a big metal guy, but that sounded good! It sounded a little thin to me, but heavy distortion always does to my ear.

Definitely way better than my playing so far. I'll get there though.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I'm not a big metal guy, but that sounded good! It sounded a little thin to me, but heavy distortion always does to my ear.

Definitely way better than my playing so far. I'll get there though.
Its way over the top, just trying to showcase the rack's effects. Thanks man.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I'm definitely much more motivated to play with the new amp. I keep turning it on in the morning and leaving it on standby, then going over and playing from time to time.

Hopefully I won't kill the tubes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reverb is a tough thing. I find that when you play live, you get reverb naturally throughout the acoustics of the venue. For home stuff a little reverb can be nice though.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I think a little reverb sounds nice in any situation, really. Relying on the room can be weird unless you're playing in an actual music hall or something, which isn't happening for me for a looooooong time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I should also mention that I am an tone purist (or something, not sure that is the right word) in that I use 0 effects, not even a wah or anything. I don't believe in any of it. I play to melt faces and sometimes I'll go clean shaven with the clean channel and that is it. And when I say clean channel I really mean I turn the gain down on the dirty channel and try to be cool.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I miss the days when I didn't give a shit about effects. I spent way less money back then.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I don't think I'm ever going to be particularly effects-heavy. I have a nice little OD box, and the reverb on my amp. I won't need a whole lot else for the type of music I want to play.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I just bought a Ukulele on a whim and its the funnest thing I have ever played. Playing thunderstruck on this thing brings me more joy then it should.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Question for you folks familiar with looping stations. I'm looking to pick one up within the next couple weeks to replace the spot of my tuner (finally going to pick up a clip-on tuner). Since space is limited, I'm thinking about theBoss RC-2. Are there any other looping stations of similar size I should look into?

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Question for you folks familiar with looping stations. I'm looking to pick one up within the next couple weeks to replace the spot of my tuner (finally going to pick up a clip-on tuner). Since space is limited, I'm thinking about theBoss RC-2. Are there any other looping stations of similar size I should look into?
Not that matches those features, I have a flashback, but I got it for the delay, and it has a looper on it, but not 16 minutes of freakin loop lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would use that to store songwriting ideas for sure. Plus, it has 11 banks. 11 loops with each being ~90 seconds long isn't unreasonable.

I already have adelay pedalI really enjoy. I've tried using the looping functionality included in delay pedals and it is trash. I want a pedal that has looping as its primary focus.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Everyone that I know swears by the AKAI headrush but I really didn't need a combo with a digital delay when I grabbed my loop pedal and Boss pedals are pretty bulletproof. The RC-2 is kind of meh but still better than almost 90% of your other options. RC-30 + RC-2 is a really nice setup (or the line 6 delay/loop but that thing is really flimsy and has a really short loop time). For a single loop pedal and for the size I don't think you can beat the RC-2, everything else is pretty bulky so might not work for space.