The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I could think of a hundred reasons why we won. Maybe their birthrate was slow, maybe we were better at being omnivores, maybe we were more agile and won battles. Also we had kids with them so merging was part of it.
or the Neanderthals lived out in the open and were wiped out while modern humans were chilling in caves and were protected from the YD cataclysm.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
As best I recall the more likely event is we were more social and gained competetive advantage accordingly. Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon both were known to live in caves (not necessarily exclusively as most early humans didn't either). Neanderthal looked to disappear like 15k years or so before YD as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
So I'm finally getting some time to watch the Expanse and it is interesting to see the physiological differences of people living in low gravity. Reminded me if a what if I had where ancient humans developed space faring tech, maybe do a significant fraction of light speed (0.3 or so), but not enough to experience major relativistic effects. They send a seed vessel out carrying a viable population to live and die for thousands of years while they go settle another system.

They then have myths and legenda about Earth, and having been living solely in space have really focused on this tech and solved a lot of the challenges related to light or FTL travel, decide to come back to Earth.

They are now slender, tall, and gray with big eyes. We call their ships UFOs and they are aliens.

I am confident I am not the only person to think that one up, but it is an interesting thought. For the record I don't see any evidence to make me think that is what actually happened, but it is fun to theory craft.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I'm finally getting some time to watch the Expanse and it is interesting to see the physiological differences of people living in low gravity. Reminded me if a what if I had where ancient humans developed space faring tech, maybe do a significant fraction of light speed (0.3 or so), but not enough to experience major relativistic effects. They send a seed vessel out carrying a viable population to live and die for thousands of years while they go settle another system.

They then have myths and legenda about Earth, and having been living solely in space have really focused on this tech and solved a lot of the challenges related to light or FTL travel, decide to come back to Earth.

They are now slender, tall, and gray with big eyes. We call their ships UFOs and they are aliens.

I am confident I am not the only person to think that one up, but it is an interesting thought. For the record I don't see any evidence to make me think that is what actually happened, but it is fun to theory craft.
sure, many sci-fi stories have been written from the "we are the aliens" point of view. its not very likely, but more likely than the idea of some sentient life forms travelling in space ships thousands of light years away to this planet just to troll rednecks and servicemen.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right on. Will watch in increments.
i am about halfway through it, yeah it covers a lot of familiar ground if you are into ancient civilizations. not much new there for me, the japan megaliths are a little bit new to me. that video would make a good reference point to people just poking their noses into this thread wondering what all this ancient civ shit is and why does it matter. it also puts to rest the notion that this is about that shitshow on the history channel that says ancient aliens built everything. from now on i will just link the video any time somebody asks.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Ray Bradbury had something similar to this:

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats beautiful. my dream if i ever got rich was never some mcmansion, but a roman villa with intricate tile flooring
d509881a46d1869093b36a2cbb0b673a.jpg

504bd1b2b473626c495ba6c74d469719.jpg

warner-leisure-hotels.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
thats beautiful. my dream if i ever got rich was never some mcmansion, but a roman villa with intricate tile flooring
d509881a46d1869093b36a2cbb0b673a.jpg

504bd1b2b473626c495ba6c74d469719.jpg

warner-leisure-hotels.jpg
I like how the entrance room had a fresco of Priapus to greet visitors. Nothing like a naked dude with a huge erection to set the mood!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users