The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
why would the neanderthals get wiped out but not the these modern humans?

the leading theory at this point is the sapien physiology was (is) just way more efficient. Neanderthals, with their bigger brains (doesn't necessary mean smarter) and larger muscle mass, needed way too many calories to weather the hard times. Sapiens are the coyotes of the homo species, built purely to survive it all and thrive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
uhh neanderthals aren't a myth.....
No. The MYTHS of brutish ape people / orcs are so old, they could date back to when there actually were brutish ape people.

The myths of advanced people / elves are the same, only we get those from our Neanderthal ancestors about the humans out of Africa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No. The MYTHS of brutish ape people / orcs are so old, they could date back to when there actually were brutish ape people.

The myths of advanced people / elves are the same, only we get those from our Neanderthal ancestors about the humans out of Africa.
stop introducing false arguments. why are you bringing up dumb shit like elves and orcs? i never once implied neanderthals were "brutish apes" wtf did you even glean that from? i am specifically suggesting that Neanderthals were the master builders of old. they were not elves or orcs. they were just a subspecies of human which later interbred with modern humans after the YD. just stop putting people into your neat little boxes. getting tired of that shit.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
you were given the opportunity many times to join this thread. that window has closed. fuck off.

wss.gif

• 2Salty

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
There is lots of evidence for neadrethals being pretty advanced in some aspects. They had abstract art, assembly line like production etc. There is no evidence that I am aware of that they were ancient builders, but it wouldn't surprise me. They definitely weren't brutish thugs.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester

The fomor from Irish folk were misshapen giants that had to be driven off the island.

Sure, it could have just been some Africans with boats. or inbred scots. Or it could been bigfoots.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is lots of evidence for neadrethals being pretty advanced in some aspects. They had abstract art, assembly line like production etc. There is no evidence that I am aware of that they were ancient builders, but it wouldn't surprise me. They definitely weren't brutish thugs.
We are just starting to learn more about them, we also could be ascribing many structures to humans which were actually built by the neanderthals. Could the Lascauex cave painting actually be neanderthal created?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
The problem with that idea Chuck is it they were significantly advanced those 15 to 25 thousand years ago, how did we out compete them?

Large scale building works require social infrastructure in the form of excess food.

Cave paintings, maybe. Whoever built the megalithic sites though dominated their ecosystem. That's one of the few things we can say about it certainly. Which makes it unlikely to have been neanderthals, since they were outcompeted by humans. It's more likely humans built those sites and Neanderthals were nomadic hunters unable to adapt to encroachment.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The problem with that idea Chuck is it they were significantly advanced those 15 to 25 thousand years ago, how did we out compete them?

Large scale building works require social infrastructure in the form of excess food.

Cave paintings, maybe. Whoever built the megalithic sites though dominated their ecosystem. That's one of the few things we can say about it certainly. Which makes it unlikely to have been neanderthals, since they were outcompeted by humans. It's more likely humans built those sites and Neanderthals were nomadic hunters unable to adapt to encroachment.
its still early days, its hard to tell who did what.
862-06676437en_Masterfile.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I could think of a hundred reasons why we won. Maybe their birthrate was slow, maybe we were better at being omnivores, maybe we were more agile and won battles. Also we had kids with them so merging was part of it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard