The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

How fitting that a low IQ individual like you would like Little Britain. You probably watch Mrs Brown's Boys too.

Unlike me who only posts quality Alan Partridge and UK office videos on a forum full of yanks who haven't seen either

Chris

Potato del Grande
How fitting that a low IQ individual like you would like Little Britain. You probably watch Mrs Brown's Boys too.

Unlike me who only posts quality Alan Partridge and UK office videos on a forum full of yanks who haven't seen either

• 1Repost
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did Oumuamua actually (corroborated) speed up on its way out of the solar system or is that some urban legend?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Did Oumuamua actually (corroborated) speed up on its way out of the solar system or is that some urban legend?
It did. The narrative thrown out by nasa and the main stream was that hydrogen was released as it warmed up, which sped it up as it exited.

Or it's the other thing.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Moron

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It did. The narrative thrown out by nasa and the main stream was that hydrogen was released as it warmed up, which sped it up as it exited.

Or it's the other thing.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all. On one hand it's escaping the sun's gravitational pull, on the other hand a small object like that having the velocity to even get to that point where it can accelerate is baffling. I think it was some kind of craft. Too bad we couldn't send something out there to get a real picture of it and all we have are CGI pictures of an artist's interpretation of a long rock.

• 2Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all. On one hand it's escaping the sun's gravitational pull, on the other hand a small object like that having the velocity to even get to that point where it can accelerate is baffling. I think it was some kind of craft. Too bad we couldn't send something out there to get a real picture of it and all we have are CGI pictures of an artist's interpretation of a long rock.
Most of everything that exists is baffling.

Semi-related, link is timestamped to start at UFO related stuff:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What does the size of an object have to do with its velocity or acceleration? Or velocity have to do with whether or not an object can accelerate?

I'm not saying I can explain every single thing that gets posted in this thread, but if the bar is set at whether or not it makes sense to you guys, everything is an alien spacecraft pretty much.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The additional acceleration could be explained by the sun's absolute motion relatively simply, but that explanation would would make relativity theorists ree hard enough they'd probably latch onto the aliens theory first. The out gassing theory as put forward is absurdly stupid though.

With more interstellar objects we'd probably be able to figure something out, but who knows when that will happen.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The additional acceleration could be explained by the sun's absolute motion relatively simply, but that explanation would would make relativity theorists ree hard enough they'd probably latch onto the aliens theory first. The out gassing theory as put forward is absurdly stupid though.

Yeah, the theory they put forward was the main thing that made no sense to me.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a paper that came out after the outgassing theory that disproves it. Very few of the people that made "mystery solved!" videos bothered to cover the new paper.

I think it is probably just a rock, but I also think current science isn't great at explaining motion.

• 2Like