Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't me you tard!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Yes it was, why you playing games

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm a member of the Mexican government and I totally presented that to the masses to troll the DOD while also selling all this merch I made with dog bones, teeth, paper mache, and cocaine.
walter white GIF

You posted it here and acted like it was legit

Like you always do

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone see a pattern emerging?

1. Trump: hes ur prez. hes not ur prez. :emoji_nose:divide the country:emoji_nose:
  2. Malaysia flight 370. it crashed. it got yeeted to another dimension :emoji_nose:divide the country:emoji_nose:
  3. Covid: its real. its not real. :emoji_nose:divide the country:emoji_nose:
  4. LK-99: its not real. its real. :emoji_nose:divide the country:emoji_nose:
  5. dem alienz: yeet some pictures out. debunked immediately. :emoji_nose:divide the country:emoji_nose:
this probably goes all the way back to biblical times

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
by self admitted comparison, humans and bacteria have a difference of only 15%
And I wonder how this is counted. A bacteria has about 4000 genes. A human as about 25000 genes. So, humans have at most 15% genes IN COMMON with a bacteria (assuming that every bacterial gene is present and identical in humans).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
And I wonder how this is counted. A bacteria has about 4000 genes. A human as about 25000 genes. So, humans have at most 15% genes IN COMMON with a bacteria (assuming that every bacterial gene is present and identical in humans).
Youre right to wonder. Those kinds of numbers (claiming to show surprisingly high similarity between humans and bacteria or bananas) are calculated in a bullshit way that overstates the similarity.

Those numbers are generally based on aligning all the genes that match, and estimating the percent similarity from that. Importantly they generally ignore the spaces between genes.

Since the genome is mostly spaces between genes, this means the resulting number greatly overstates the genetic similarity. Its like if you compared two books by only comparing the chapter numbers. "Wow, they have both chapters 1-19, but this one has chapter 20 too. So they're 95% identical!"

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Youre right to wonder. Those kinds of numbers (claiming to show surprisingly high similarity between humans and bacteria or bananas) are calculated in a bullshit way that overstates the similarity.

Those numbers are generally based on aligning all the genes that match, and estimating the percent similarity from that. Importantly they generally ignore the spaces between genes.

Since the genome is mostly spaces between genes, this means the resulting number greatly overstates the genetic similarity. Its like if you compared two books by only comparing the chapter numbers. "Wow, they have both chapters 1-19, but this one has chapter 20 too. So they're 95% identical!"

That's how MusicForFish MusicForFish had 8 UFO Encounters.

"It flies but I don't know what it is!"

• 2Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users