The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Looks like it could be a Mosul Sphere that took fire and broke so its innards are hanging out. I've really got nothing for this one.
I'm surprised no one else has called it. I gave yall days to post it.

1705175576668.png

1705175607566.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also sleep paralysis demons. People see the same stuff across the board. Demons either standing at the foot of their bed or crouched down on their chest stealing their breath.
I had sleep paralysis, no demons. 🤷

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Having been raised in an evangelical household Demonology/Occult is one thing I refuse to fuck with. Occasionally reading non-related Christian books that touched on subject sent cold shivers and feelings of dread down my spine, so I quickly skipped those pages. IIRC my mum had at least one book on the subject which I avoided on her bookshelf.

To this day I have never and will never watch the Exorcist.

I've only had sleep paralysis once but never saw anything. There was a feeling of existential dread when I realised I was totally frozen.

I did have "exploding head syndrome" once but that was a day or two after a 5 day music festival

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've only had sleep paralysis once but never saw anything. There was a feeling of existential dread when I realised I was totally frozen.

Same here, just dread from not being able to move, no demons or even shadow-men. Something reoccurring I had as a kid was this partial-sleep where I'd be half-dreaming that I had to run from something, but couldn't get myself to move, or I'd think I was running, but it would be in slow-motion out of fear while kidnappers barreled towards me in a van or something.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How would you know? Do you think you'd be able to recognize that a demon has possessed your container and locked your conciousness away until it was done delighting in your momentary panic and fear?
I knew what it was because a friend of the family from church used to get it really bad. He'd take a nap or something on the couch, wake up and be stuck for up to a couple hours. It apparently happened often enough that he learned to change his breathing enough his wife would notice, then all she had to do was walk over and touch his arm and he'd be out of it.

Anyway, it happened to me before work one day. I started early and had a pretty good commute. After arriving 40 or so minutes early, I decided to just lean the chair back and nap for a bit. Woke up at some point and my eyes were cracked open enough to see the interior of the car and recognize the parking lot/building. I had left the seatbelt on for some reason and I could feel it across me and the seat under me, I also remember having some control over my breathing. I was still a little drowsy and definitely not fully awake, but I recognized the situation by the descriptions from the family friend. I had a moment of "holy shit, this is what it's like! So weird!", then just dozed off until my alarm went off.

So potentially it was something different, semi-lucid state, weird/vivid dream. Either way, no personages looming over me, no fear of any kinda. 🤷‍♂️

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've been mulling over how in the modern era we're trained to see previous generations (millennia ago) as primitive, superstitious, not knowing what they were talking about, etc.

Putting aside scientific advancement which has certainly been a thing (like being able to see further into space, figuring out that we have a solar system, figuring out that the universe is older than 14b fuckin years), I'm starting to think maybe people of millennia past were actually onto things that we just aren't. Like I think ancient Romans and Egyptians had a much better concept of human history pre-modernity (maybe even pre-Flood) than we do now.

The Library of Alexandria burning down was probably a catastrophic loss of knowledge of that era. If that was some sort of planned event, whoever burned it down really wanted to erase history and control humanity going forward.
We're getting dumber, and it's measurable, because our entire society now revolves around helping idiots have children while the smart ones don't. Back then, if you were not smart enough to figure out what was going on, you would not thrive, and probably would die. Recent studies where the intelligence of Ancient Romans show they probably had an average IQ in the 116 range (compare that to the ~100 of modern (well, 1950s) white Americans.

As some say, we are a species with amnesia, mainly due to our lost history. There are long lists of books that we know existed in Alexandria prior to the fire, but are now long gone, including many histories of the world, some going back 10 thousand years or more.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So have we just flipped from "get excited, disclosure is about to happen" to "get angry, disclosure isn't happening" again?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What's the consensus here on Dyatlov Pass?

Saw a movie about it that was pretty good, but a fictional retelling. They explained it by having the hikers be attacked by these pale Rake-like creatures. They could teleport and were escaped from some Russian experimental laboratory nearby that had been sealed up for a while but somehow got opened. The reason the tent got cut from inside and the hikers fled into a blizzard wearing almost nothing was because these creatures were warping in and out of the tents during their attack on the hikers. Teleporting, violent experiments is one idea I guess.

I ask because you mentioned hitch hikers and radiation burns. There was also all of the "unexplained orange lights spotted overhead" stuff around Dyatlov.
Yeah, that wasn't too bad of a found footage horror movie. I listened to a book called Dead Mountain a number of years ago about the incident, and the author's theory was a certain type of sound wave made by the wind and the shape of the mountain drove the hikers crazy. Forget what the specific frequency deal is supposed to be called, but if I remember he cited things like Sonic weaponry making people agitated or nervous enough to make them free an area because of physical discomfort. I think that maybe it's been debunked since then, but it's an interesting book if you're interested in the subject.

Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (-) https://a.co/d/bQgIops

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users