The Predator (2018)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe this will be a prequel and it shows how Billy's great great grandma was infused with Predator powers and was able to pass it down to Billy.
200 (4).gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That could be reasonably fun which is something you can't really say about most of these movies.
it could, you could even make it PG 13 and bring the family to see dinosaurs think shit out with their little brains to defeat the predators. kids love them some dinosaurs.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They need to stop raping this franchise like they did with Terminator.

Please just stop fucking ruining my childhood.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's fucking sad that the best Predator movie in like 30 years is one starring Adrien Brody as some badass. Not that it didn't have plenty of issues, too, but at least for 20-30 minutes, they had you hoping it wouldn't end up bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's fucking sad that the best Predator movie in like 30 years is one starring Adrien Brody as some badass. Not that it didn't have plenty of issues, too, but at least for 20-30 minutes, they had you hoping it wouldn't end up bad.
Yeah Predators was the best of these shitty movies since probably the 2nd one. Not sure if it's better or worse than that one though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Yeah Predators was the best of these shitty movies since probably the 2nd one. Not sure if it's better or worse than that one though.

Agreed.

I'd rank it

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP
AvP requiem and The Predator

The Predator one really stung because it was written and directed by Shane Black who was in the cast of the original film. You'd expect him to give at least one fuck about that franchise but nope, he makes the worst one

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its worse than the second one by far.
Gary Busey
Danny Glover
Bill Paxton
and Morton Downey Jr
plus this guy
giphy.gif

thats why

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
its worse than the second one by far.
Gary Busey
Danny Glover
Bill Paxton
and Morton Downey Jr
plus this guy
giphy.gif

thats why

Both 2 and Predators have some elements of so bad it's actually campy good going on. The only difference is 2 pretty much sticks to that formula the entire movie, whereas Predators does that shit after the first little bit that makes you think it might actually be a return to the way the original was with the group out in the wild being hunted.

I don't know if I'd say Predators is worse than 2 by far because of that, the gap between 1 and 2 is bigger than 2 and Predators.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked Predators a fair amount and feel comparing it to 2 is fair. P2 was a product of the times, with lower expectations and the culture allowing for things like that clip Astro linked above. Predators was a unique spin on the first movie with some good setup and a slightly fumbled ending. I mean, lets face it. We are never getting badass testosterone fueled movies like we had in the 80s and 90s ever again because the current culture war will not allow it. Fury Road being the exception that proves the rule.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Both 2 and Predators have some elements of so bad it's actually campy good going on. The only difference is 2 pretty much sticks to that formula the entire movie, whereas Predators does that shit after the first little bit that makes you think it might actually be a return to the way the original was with the group out in the wild being hunted.

I don't know if I'd say Predators is worse than 2 by far because of that, the gap between 1 and 2 is bigger than 2 and Predators.

If you look at Predators from a screenwriter's perspective, you realize its almost beat for beat copy of the Original, thats why people tend to rank it higher than others. Even some scenes are copied verbatim like jumping into a waterfall, because how can you otherwise plausibly escape the Predator who has zeroed in on you halfway through the movie?

TBH, the more I see what people come up with in subsequent movies, the more I think that Predator was a lightning in a bottle phenomena that can't be reproduced. Most of the appeal of the original was you had no idea who it was for half the movie, and you had no idea what was behind the mask for 99% of the movie. So unless you go in a completely different direction by going the comic book Yautja route, either you're making the same movie basically over and over again (Predator, Predators) but without the single most important factor that made original so good (the mystery of Predator) or you need to just go full ham into the mythos with shit like AvP, Yautja, Predator homeworld, Predator Wars, whatever, etc.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Anyways, thats why it sounds like this Predator set in Wild West is going to be a complete clusterfuck.