The Secret World

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Well shit Tokyo is rough, do you need a full set of token gear for that area? If that is the case anyone have a link handy for guide on farming quests for good token rewards? 300 for one piece is high as fuck as are upgrading them. Dont mind grinding this shit as i enjoy the world immensly and its fun ass raping old content to max out the wheel. Seems i only did the story content up to issue 4 and then was on the part to access Tokyo and the Seal was only 1 token now. Could of swore it was higher and a dull grind of doing those scenarios which made me stop playing.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
pretty sure i just paid a million bucks or something to skip the grind but i might be remembering wrong

Noahx

N00b
Well shit Tokyo is rough, do you need a full set of token gear for that area? If that is the case anyone have a link handy for guide on farming quests for good token rewards? 300 for one piece is high as fuck as are upgrading them. Dont mind grinding this shit as i enjoy the world immensly and its fun ass raping old content to max out the wheel. Seems i only did the story content up to issue 4 and then was on the part to access Tokyo and the Seal was only 1 token now. Could of swore it was higher and a dull grind of doing those scenarios which made me stop playing.
There are specs that perform a lot better in Tokyo - you need survival more than splooging dps on a pack of mobs. Matching survival with the right stats makes a big diff. Likely will need to give up pen/crit for hps/miti.

Other option is find a buddy to travel with.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Yeah was using one of the elite decks, the pistol shotgun one and was having a rough time. Also didnt help i would aggro other shit as i was dodging what i was fighting.There a server where its highly active, on Daemon and dont see anyone besides the occasional person fully decked just breezing through.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely ok with that, still my favorite MMO of all time and still think its vastly underrated. Here's hoping they can bring some appeal back. Manhattan raid fight is still one of my favorite raid fights in an MMO, especially when the F-16's coming scream from behind you as you down the big Lovecraftian beast in the middle of Times Square.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep. I bought it at launch then bought the complete edition later.

I'm down to continue playing more TSW after relaunch.

Noahx

N00b
Wish there was more detail on the combat revamp. I enjoyed the game till Tokyo. Trying to get back into it now is bananas hard.

The combat is the main thing that keeps me away. It is so mindless and crappy. But I also hate the dungeon lockout and lack of interesting content. But with better combat, I'd play it.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
did they ever come up with a way to respec your character? I played it when it first came out and put points into a non-viable build that made the characters worthless.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yes there's unlimited points. You could never make a worthless character. It actually doesn't take that much time to learn every skill.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Which is unfortunate because I was pretty meh'd by every skill I saw. I'm hoping the combat rework does a number on this game because I liked the atmosphere and unique setting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That's a shame because the skills/skill wheel is for many people the best part of TSW. It's quite a unique skill system. Combat itself feels clunky and could use some updating but the skill system in my opinion is excellent.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Skill system is great, graphics are dated and the combat mechanics themselves are pretty clunky. This was one of the first action combat MMOs and it's got too much of the hotbar/global cooldown feel to it. Combat/animations needs to be more fluid.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Secret World Legends

Beta sign ups for their relaunch.

"How does Secret World Legends differ from The Secret World?
One major difference is that the game is free to play for everyone. But just as importantly, Secret World Legends has updates befitting a modern-day action RPG. This includes a redesigned combat system to make action feel more natural, more intuitive systems to interact with, enhanced visuals, an improved flow of quests, and improved structure of the early game for new players."

Old TSW characters don't transfer but entire system is f2p with the usual cosmetic microtransactions. TSW will continue to run alongside legends but I'd expect all new content to be made strictly for SWL.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Definitely interested in checking it out, and yeah, one of the FAQ answers about new content only mentions Legends. Pretty much sounds like they're putting the old game into maintenance mode and will shut it down once activity drops low enough.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like they are babying the game down. At least they are keeping the more sand box hardcore servers up, that's more than many games have done. So props for that.

Malkav

French Madman
Well at least sounds like they'll try to make the combat palatable.

Never could get used to that slow rigid shit.