The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Cool. What res you playing at, and how well does that machine do? My son wants a new PC to game with, but he never sticks with PC gaming. So I want to spend as little as possible.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hi Guys!
Lazy again, and not willing to go back and look.
What do you guys recommend for a great knife set? German/Jap?
Komikoto any good? I think I am willing to spend around $300 for a great set, unless influences otherwise......
I've just started buying each knife separately. The main one I use is an 8 inch Wusthof classic. It's a great knife, especially if you can find it on sale for around 100 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Wusthof-Classic-8-Inch-Chefs-Knife/

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep.

Concord. Strawberry. Peach. Deathwing.

All sorts of jelly.
Of your car? Meh. I drive a 2003 Hyunda Accent and my wife has a 2016 RAV4. If a gave a shit about what I drove, I could have bought something better for myself by now. It might actually be cheaper, once you factor in insurance.

Hopefully, you didn't mean I was jealous of those clown shoes.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Of your car? Meh. I drive a 2003 Hyunda Accent and my wife has a 2016 RAV4. If a gave a shit about what I drove, I could have bought something better for myself by now. It might actually be cheaper, once you factor in insurance.

Hopefully, you didn't mean I was jealous of those clown shoes.

LOL. I meant the sneakers....Hhahahahahaahahah!!

Stop hating man!!!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Cool. What res you playing at, and how well does that machine do? My son wants a new PC to game with, but he never sticks with PC gaming. So I want to spend as little as possible.
Well I have no idea! RAM arrives today, CPU arrives tomorrow.
I will be playing 1080p and for the old games I play, it's overkill. You'll want someone who's up to date to give you the good info.
That said, Logical Increments, the PC Builder's Friend has a tiered list with build prices. All the way from $200 to $4000.

edit: buying GPU right now is shit because of mining.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I've just started buying each knife separately. The main one I use is an 8 inch Wusthof classic. It's a great knife, especially if you can find it on sale for around 100 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Wusthof-Classic-8-Inch-Chefs-Knife/

Heh we have a full set of Shun with the odd victorinox for the heavy work. We also bought them a knife at a time. I just convinced my wife they were a christmas present for her!

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Shun makes some beautiful knives. I want to get one of their Santoku.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't hate the shoes. I'd never wear shoes like those, but they seem to fit your character. But the car really doesn't match them.

How the hell do your sneakers match your car man?!

And maybe you should wear shoes like those. They be HOT HOT HOT!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I have boring sneakers and a boring car, so at least they match.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wear chucks and drive a Camry. So #metoo.

• 1Picard

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I wear chucks and drive a Camry. So #metoo.
Damn, bruh. I ain't that boring. White Nike Free RN and Infiniti QX50.

You'll beat me hands-down in anything nicer than sneakers and t-shirts, though.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's been said, but knife sets are for suckers. All you really need is a chef's knife and a paring knife. I have Shuns (more of them than I need) that I have had for like 12 years and they're not quite as pretty as they used to be but there's isn't a damn thing wrong with them. My brother has some that I got him when he got married 10 years ago and his look a lot better than mine since he probably takes better care of them.

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its rather fun to watch them expand, if its anything like the one I got (4 inches I think?). It came in a box the size of a golf club bag, and yeah they smell awful but that's why it says let it air out for 48 hours. As soon as you break the shrink wrap plastic it starts expanding like crazy

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I bit the bullet. Going to try one of these dem dere new fangled memory foam. It arrived today. Smells god awful! Got a 14 inch, damn thing is like 6 inches outta the box! This fucker better expand like a mofo.

Had to help the delivery guy get it off the truck. Fucker weighs a ton.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XVO0TK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
give it a full week expanding and "airing" out before you put sheets on it, and open a window.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Because I know there are some bigger guys on this board. Me being 6'3" 301. This fuckin mattress is like a dream come true! Firm as fuck, yet molds to my fat juuuuust right!

Smell is still there, but between the air purifier and the windows, it's tolerable. Plus I'm sure I am used to it now.

Mattress I purchased is 14" high. It's just hitting 12". I doubt I will see the full 14.

For 500 bucks I couldn't be happier night numero uno.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Completely forgot about this thread. Guess I can show the latest big purchase I made which was last year in Feb. This is the first truck I ever owned and I love it. Thinking about getting a boat next to pull.

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users