The "Shit I just bought" thread

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_7813.jpg

Universal Remote model URC-WR7. Decided to finally go for a universal remote after having to regularly juggle 4-5 remotes for the cable box, surround sound, TV, Blu-Ray, Etc. This remote works wonderfully, and does exactly what I was hoping it could do. I set up macros for the top buttons to do automated commands so I don't have to hear anymore bitching from the fianc?, parents when they visit, or any other guests. Not to mention it makes things a breeze for myself. Aux button up top switches the TV to input for 360, switches the surround sound to the 360 input, turns on the 360, and allows the remote to control the 360. DvD button is programmed to do the same for Blu Ray, and Sat / Cable is for cable works likewise for Cable. There's also punch through commands for things like volume, if you only want the volume buttons working for surround sound. For 25 bucks, I'm VERY pleased with this purchase.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I bought the Zagg PROfolio Plus for my new iPad. It's pretty awesome, I like the dedicated row for function keys and backlite keyboard is pretty boss, you can change it between something like 7 colors.

rrr_img_8009.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Universal Remote model URC-WR7.
I have the same remote and love it, but stopped using it because it can't open my DVR list and my Cox DVR remote can do the stuff that I mostly care about, like volume punch-through. The macros are pretty nice, though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Bought a bunch of Icebreaker merino wool insulating layers for skiing. Shit is unbelievable, seriously. I have huge problems with sweat management, and this stuff does an amazing job of wicking away moisture while keeping you warm. On top of that, it doesn't smell. Compared to my older synthetic layers, it's night and day. A synthetic shirt will fucking stink after a single day's use, while I recently wore the same merino wool shirt for 5 straight days of skiing and while it didn't exactly smell fresh, it didn't stink either. My long-johns were synthetic, and despite most of my perspiration being on my upper body, they absolutely fucking stank.

Shit is like magic. Doesn't have to be Icebreaker, necessarily, which I agree is fairly overpriced. But if you're big in to any sort of sports where perspiration is an issue, throw all your synthetic shit away and go with merino.

Only reason I bought a bunch of Icebreaker is thatwww.liveoutthere.comhad a 50% off sale a couple weeks back. Awesome website to sign up to if you do much outdoor activities, by the way.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I live in New England, and this is a 12 year old truck. As far as the engine, It gets the salt, old oil, various fluids and road goop off of it. Mostly because it looks better, but it's also a lot easier to find/diagnose leaks and such if the engine bay is clean. It's also a lot nicer in general to work on a clean motor.

As for the interior, I have Car OCD and I'm a neat freak, so even though this is just my winter car I want it clean (at least on the inside, heh, it's actually covered in mud on the outside right now). It's not just for the upholstery, it gets dust/dirt out everywhere. I did my vents, headliner, dash, carpets, shifter, steering wheel, etc, etc - basically every surface in the truck. The previous owner was a smoker, and the thing smells like a new truck inside now. The fabric's a little wet here, but check out the door panel, keeping in mind that the previous owner was an absolute fucking filthy slob who apparently listed "smoking marlboro reds, 20 at a time, with the windows up and never washing my hands, ever" as his hobby. The thing looks brand new.

It also does an awesome job of getting squashed bugs off the front end, and helps a ton with cleaning your wheels (brake dust), calipers, etc. It's just a fuckin' great way to clean your car all around, and it's only $100.
Does it remove wax if you use it on your paint?

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have one of those and I don't think mine said at the bottom it was a stamina training unit. What's the difference?

Bought one so I didn't have to hear the Macfags in my house keep threatening to buy me an iPad. Been going all nostalgia reading old school comics on it. Really digging it, never had a tab till now.

google-nexus-10.png

actually, I only got the STU because it was $10 less expensive than the others.
Busy people have to pay extra to expedite their wank so they can focus on their next task. Only so many hours in a day.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
I made a beef roast in it tonight, did a pretty nice job, I like the built in probe it comes with and you can program it to kick into "warm" once your meat reaches it's desired temp so that's pretty nice.
I got one of these for Christmas and have used it a few times already. It's great on the weekend since I can start it and then eat dinner when ever I have time.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Just got a pair of these:

akg-k701_2.jpg

with a fiio e7 + e9 DAC / AMP

Going from a pair of Razer Megalodon's is quiet the jump in quality. They are light as air as well and ridiculously comfortable.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Considering my Razer Megalodon's broke in 4 months, I can't imagine anything not being an upgrade from them.