The "Shit I just bought" thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You need to meat grinder/sausage maker attachment!
I have been on the fence about getting that forever. I feel like I will never use it and it will sit in a drawer. But I want it. And the ice cream maker attachment.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My sister mentioned she wanted the grinder/sausage thing for that, but not the official Kitchen Aid one, some other company's with the name Chef in the title. I wasn't really listening though.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I have been on the fence about getting that forever. I feel like I will never use it and it will sit in a drawer. But I want it. And the ice cream maker attachment.
Get an ice cream maker right away. You have to do some work but ice cream these days is shit. You can make way better at home.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Bought one of these a few weeks ago --Nespresso Latissima Plus. Makes fantastic quality coffee, lattes, and cappuccinos with zero mess or hassle. Also simple to clean and looks great in the kitchen. A thousand times better than those crappy Kuerig K-cup machines. Unlike typical milk frothers that require you to sit there frothing your milk and gauging consistency, with this unit you just fill up the milk container and press the button. About the only negative I can think of is that you have to buy the coffee online and it runs about $.60 a cup.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
New fridge being delivered Friday.
646_69983_P.jpg

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
New fridge being delivered Friday.
646_69983_P.jpg
For cleaning, use baby oil. We've always had a bottle of baby oil around from the kids. I usually clean any stainless steel with my regular cleaner and then rub it over with baby oil to restore it to a nice shine. Olive oil works, too, but baby oil is cheap.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
For cleaning, use baby oil. We've always had a bottle of baby oil around from the kids. I usually clean any stainless steel with my regular cleaner and then rub it over with baby oil to restore it to a nice shine. Olive oil works, too, but baby oil is cheap.
Doesn't that leave a greasy feeling on the surface and attract dust?

BTW, never buy a fridge with a "satina stainless steel finish". It was advertised as having the look of stainless steel while still maintaining the magnetic properties of normal steel. In the end it's just a vinyl "wrap" type finish that looks like stainless steel but scratches easily. I learned the hard way.

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't that leave a greasy feeling on the surface and attract dust?

BTW, never buy a fridge with a "satina stainless steel finish". It was advertised as having the look of stainless steel while still maintaining the magnetic properties of normal steel. In the end it's just a vinyl "wrap" type finish that looks like stainless steel but scratches easily. I learned the hard way.
It will if too much is applied. I usually wipe on a decent amount, and then make three or four passes with a dry paper towel each time to soak up excess and leave a very thin film.

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought one of these a few weeks ago --Nespresso Latissima Plus. Makes fantastic quality coffee, lattes, and cappuccinos with zero mess or hassle. Also simple to clean and looks great in the kitchen. A thousand times better than those crappy Kuerig K-cup machines. Unlike typical milk frothers that require you to sit there frothing your milk and gauging consistency, with this unit you just fill up the milk container and press the button. About the only negative I can think of is that you have to buy the coffee online and it runs about $.60 a cup.
We've been looking for an eventual upgrade from our Keurig. I was actually about to junk it last week due to it not working, but found out a nozzle was just plugged from grounds - so it's still chugging along. But yeah, the only downside is I'm always glued to Slickdeals for K-Cup deals, trying to keep it around 25 to 30 cents a cup.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
We've been looking for an eventual upgrade from our Keurig. I was actually about to junk it last week due to it not working, but found out a nozzle was just plugged from grounds - so it's still chugging along. But yeah, the only downside is I'm always glued to Slickdeals for K-Cup deals, trying to keep it around 25 to 30 cents a cup.
If you actually enjoy coffee do yourself a favor and get the Nespresso, it's worth the extra 30 cents a cup to go from an average cup of drip coffee to something delish. Guests are always surprised at how such a simple looking machine makes such great coffee with thick crema.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone ever tried the reusable filter cups they sell? Put your own coffee in and chuck it in the Keurig. I don't even drink coffee, but I've seen them at stores and they seemed like a no-brainer if they work.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone ever tried the reusable filter cups they sell? Put your own coffee in and chuck it in the Keurig. I don't even drink coffee, but I've seen them at stores and they seemed like a no-brainer if they work.
Co-worker uses one every day in his Keurig at work and he says they work great. Much cheaper than buying the prefilled ones. I just drink the nasty, free shit they brew at work. 2 cups in the morning and I'm good to go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My work has a keurig machine and free cups at each touchdown station, IN YOUR FACE I DONT EVEN DRINK COFFEE

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
My brand new Keurig crapped out on me and dumped water all over the counter from leaking at the bottom. Exchanged for a new one this morning, this is their last chance. So simple though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I dont like the disposable K-cups that you fill yourself. For some reason it seems like I can never get enough grounds in them to make the coffee strong enough for my liking. I tend to like the bold/dark roast coffee(black, no sugar or cream), and pre-filled cups always seem to taste better to me.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. I'd have to drop $500+ to outfit the house, and they only last seven years. Maybe just one to place where my CO detector is now.
The only reason I thought about buying one is that they act as a extra motion sensor for the nest. I hate it when it turns off the air in the summer because I'm in my bedroom for more than a couple of hours.