The Spring 2019 Anime Thread

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Damn, that latest Shield Hero episode - right in the feels.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I've read ahead on Shield Hero. This latest episode was even more cathartic than when I read it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Waiting on Turtle Arc - curious how long this season will be or if it will just ride straight through.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
3 more episodes left of Shield Hero for this season. So who knows at this point.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Judging by the last episode of Shield Hero, this is where I see the remainder of the episodes going.

Episode 22
This is where the Queen works with Naofumi's group and has the level-up procedure granted to all of them.
That's probably the entirety of the next episode.

Episodes 23 & 24
These will most likely contain the trip to the Island area that is currently experiencing a level-up event. The 3 weapon heroes will take the statesrooms on the ship, and Naofumi & party will be lodged under the boat's belly with another adventurer team that's also trying to level up. He wields a scythe and she is a magic user that functions from stones and gems. Naofumi will probably also have to educate the island's merchant to not take such huge advantage of EVERYONE, and instead offer reasonable prices and make a profit by selling volume instead of individual pieces.

If there's time, we MAY learn that the two heroes that shared Naofumi's cabin are actually villains working with Glass to defeat all of the 4 heroes for their own world. Realistically, that would be the best place to end the season.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Wow I just caught up with One Punch Man S2 and I can't believe how much production value they cut out this time around. It is almost unwatchable....

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Wow I just caught up with One Punch Man S2 and I can't believe how much production value they cut out this time around. It is almost unwatchable....

Different company doing it. It's worse for OPM because it's an action show but you see the same quality dropoff in Log Horizon as well between season 1 and 2.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Demon Slayer ends just as it starts getting good... eerily similar to a certain manwha.

How does it compare to Naruto v Pain
Its not as bad as people are saying, but it IS a drop. The artstyle, and the pacing of this season also throws people off some, so it just adds to the disappoint. Its still worth watching, imo.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Different company doing it. It's worse for OPM because it's an action show but you see the same quality dropoff in Log Horizon as well between season 1 and 2.
I don't mind the quality drop but watching OPM S2 is like staring at color slide show at times.....it is really jarring....

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I totally ruined the latest episode of Demon Slayer by imagining it as a really hardcore game of blitzball. Or dodgeball, and then I started thinking of the movie. Immersion ruined.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Naruto vs Pain was the worse thing to happen to Naruto outside of taking forever to bang Hinata

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Aot is absolutely killing it this season. Just fucking amazing all around.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah seriously, kind of glad I managed to stay spoiler free so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Watched 'A Little Sister's All You need' over the weekend because I enjoy trash, and I'm not sure which is more concerning: that I mostly watched it in one sitting, or that I knew so many of the other trash anime/manga they reference throughout.

At least the one-line Internet review wasn't wrong, I did feel less dirty watching that than Eromanga Sensei or Oreimo!

• 1Like