The Substance (2024)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not really related to this movie, but how far up your own asses (artist types) do you have to be to do a 13 minute standing ovation? Seriously, just think of how ludicrous that is in reality. Normal people don't do that. Lizard people maybe.
That article said nothing other than the 13 min ovation and she gets naked. I didn't learn anything about the movie at all.

nettripper

N00b
I didn't understand the commitment to continuing use of the substance

They never show that she truly lives vicariously through her other self like when she reactivates Demi Moore some sort of shared memories proving it is worth it

Thought they were going to have her have to crawl back into herself and was bummed out they didn’t do it like that

Didn’t understand why the monster would want to tarnish what was built up either by her new self or old self and go out in front of everybody at the end

Trying to find any meanings of this or that but all I look up is just people saying “it’s awesome or wow”

Did find it funny Dennis Quaid and running off after backup dancers down the hall but eye rolling that they made sure it’s all old white dudes and pretty sure they made sure it wasn’t any Jewish looking white dudes

Last edited:

nettripper

N00b
still thinking about the movie and is it truly everything in it was thought out and there’s supposed to be an underlying true meaning behind it

-like does quaids Harvey eating all that shrimp mean something

More things that don’t make sense

The medical assistant who was a younger other self why was he still working such a job? He recruits to keep it going ?

You’re supposed to be a younger better version of yourself so it just amplifies what was already there? You’re not smarter, stronger, faster, more enhanced (better tits, ass, bigger dick, etc.) ?

It seems that it should be thought of more as younger sibling or actual child that has come out of you and not an actual 1:1 clone of yourself. The movie totally showed that your kids suck the life out of you and she tried to abort her towards the end and couldn’t do it.

Demi got zero out of her other self, it should of been video diary style and Demi cheers on her other and her other Sue gives updates or first person go pro style so Demi can enjoy it and be more onboard for it all

Or they should of had it that she is represented by Demi and every other week she is doing managing and setting up future gigs for her better self and moves from model to manager boss style

Not dumb on the movies part as it shows the lack of care for one another but you would think it be after the first go around they would lay each other more comfortably somewhere to chill for 7 days instead of left on the floor especially when they can do it back to each other revenge style

Anybody that saw it and good quality as I did the high seas for this movie can tell me what they kept zooming in on when she was getting kicked to death?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
still thinking about the movie and is it truly everything in it was thought out and there’s supposed to be an underlying true meaning behind it

-like does quaids Harvey eating all that shrimp mean something

More things that don’t make sense

The medical assistant who was a younger other self why was he still working such a job? He recruits to keep it going ?

You’re supposed to be a younger better version of yourself so it just amplifies what was already there? You’re not smarter, stronger, faster, more enhanced (better tits, ass, bigger dick, etc.) ?

It seems that it should be thought of more as younger sibling or actual child that has come out of you and not an actual 1:1 clone of yourself. The movie totally showed that your kids suck the life out of you and she tried to abort her towards the end and couldn’t do it.

Demi got zero out of her other self, it should of been video diary style and Demi cheers on her other and her other Sue gives updates or first person go pro style so Demi can enjoy it and be more onboard for it all

Or they should of had it that she is represented by Demi and every other week she is doing managing and setting up future gigs for her better self and moves from model to manager boss style

Not dumb on the movies part as it shows the lack of care for one another but you would think it be after the first go around they would lay each other more comfortably somewhere to chill for 7 days instead of left on the floor especially when they can do it back to each other revenge style

Anybody that saw it and good quality as I did the high seas for this movie can tell me what they kept zooming in on when she was getting kicked to death?
shrimp
yes, you should have seen it in the next scene, when you devein a shrimp you cut lengthwise from the back
k%2Farchive%2F25f5691e67bf7358063e5db6918309952a98129d

like how they emerge

you are stronger
when demi imprisons sue, she able to kick down a bolted on lock, she is also able to kick demi across the room superhero style and thats also what they are zooming in on when shes getting kicked, the impact side cuz shes kicking her so hard shes bleeding out the side b/c shes kicking her ribs and breaking the bones and they are peircing into demi's side

yea the olds don't get any benefit, if you remember the diner scene and she sees the old doc

nettripper

N00b
shrimp
yes, you should have seen it in the next scene, when you devein a shrimp you cut lengthwise from the back
k%2Farchive%2F25f5691e67bf7358063e5db6918309952a98129d

like how they emerge

you are stronger
when demi imprisons sue, she able to kick down a bolted on lock, she is also able to kick demi across the room superhero style and thats also what they are zooming in on when shes getting kicked, the impact side cuz shes kicking her so hard shes bleeding out the side b/c shes kicking her ribs and breaking the bones and they are peircing into demi's side

yea the olds don't get any benefit, if you remember the diner scene and she sees the old doc

Oh freaking duh

Excellent catch on the shrimp I didn’t connect that

And yes definitely stronger with those details you mentioned but then that goes into why is young dude wasting his seven days being a medical lackey? Or why is her young self just being a cardio bunny for tv?

Figured it be like Limitless movie and emerging as a better improved in all facets of life it would be different not super heroish but some sort of previous life is beneath what they are now capable of

But that goes into my other qualm and how simplistic they made the movie

-penthouse
-restaurant
-entertainment building
-the substance storage

The walk at the end of the movie getting from her show elevator outside and seemed almost like across the street she was at her place

They kept the world small and saved money on this movie

Definitely will rewatch when it says HD next to it as I was watching on the phone cam style

Thanks

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh freaking duh

Excellent catch on the shrimp I didn’t connect that

And yes definitely stronger with those details you mentioned but then that goes into why is young dude wasting his seven days being a medical lackey? Or why is her young self just being a cardio bunny for tv?

Figured it be like Limitless movie and emerging as a better improved in all facets of life it would be different not super heroish but some sort of previous life is beneath what they are now capable of

But that goes into my other qualm and how simplistic they made the movie

-penthouse
-restaurant
-entertainment building
-the substance storage

The walk at the end of the movie getting from her show elevator outside and seemed almost like across the street she was at her place

They kept the world small and saved money on this movie

Definitely will rewatch when it says HD next to it as I was watching on the phone cam style

Thanks
yea old man was just a nurse, i assume since the real doc was in whites and being a nurse is seen as a higher level of "caring" about someone (more so than a doctor)

so maybe the doc just feels a need to save ppl, and you also can't just pop out of a persons back and have a medical license, so he's probably been going thru nursing school all this time, you even see it, the old doc drops his card, while demis card was 503 his was like 202 or something, so he's like one of the first batches.

while sue popped out young and pretty, and thats enough to get ahead in life and she just has to do some jazzercise 80s shit and is now amazing