Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Araysar and Ossoi both hated it, so it's probably movie of the year

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You have to keep this film in the proper context. Its a DC movie. Now rate it compared to other DC movies like WW84, Green Lantern, etc..

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont care what anyone says, Green Lantern was a fun movie. And with how bad WW84, Suicide Squad 1 and BvS were, it shouldnt even be hated on as much.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Anyone who didn’t laugh their asses off at TDKs attack scene is a fucking faggot

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who didn’t laugh their asses off at TDKs attack scene is a fucking faggot
i guess the issue with that, is that while all of TDK was hilarious, 90% of his scenes were publicly available prior to the movie coming out. as far as "funny" parts of the movie, it was all in the trailers. literally the parts of the movie that WOULD have made me smile or chuckle, i've seen in trailers for the last month. and it says something for a movie that's supposed to be funny when you've exhausted the most comedic moments in a few 45 second trailers.

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie definitely has some good moments. Not enough of them to make it good to me, but like I said in an early post it's not as bad as the real shit tier DC movies.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Biggest turnoff I'm reading here is that the movie dragged. You're saying 30-40 minutes too long.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Biggest turnoff I'm reading here is that the movie dragged. You're saying 30-40 minutes too long.
I think it dragged mainly due to the middle act. The middle act either needed to be shorter or done better so it didnt feel like it dragged. The movie has a ton of characters too so that adds to the feel of dragging.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Had me a Fillion but I was like what's his arms going to do, at least have knives or something. Then they did exactly what I thought, shit was hilarious.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not even close to GotG. Good moments here and there, but meh overall. Best part is there was no Jared Leto's Joker.
Also, +1 for the secretary's milkshake.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not sure why but weasel was my favorite.
Weasel GIF by The Suicide Squad

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
First half was good, its mostly formulaic in James Gunn style - GOTG team up, goofiness, character awkwardness, hit and miss humor, etc.

Second half is pretty bad though, it tries too hard to be edgy and loses most of the story. It honestly felt like 2 movies, Suicide Squad + a Harley Quinn 1 episode TV show mashed together and neither piece worked together. The ending is not good and it doesn't feel like a calculated, good build up towards a big conflict.

I didn't actively despise it like WW84 or Birds of Prey, and I did like the first half, but it really shouldn't have had Harley Quinn and there were multiple scenes that should have been cut, like the whole bus ride where Ratcatcher 2 explains her backstory. Pointless and grinds the movie to a halt.

Its the Black Widow of the DCEU, a mediocre movie that is not the worst thing in the world but not very good either and feels years too late. Absolutely mystifying how it is sitting at 95% on RT. Well, I guess not, the movie does cringe hard into "America is bad!! mmmk" Mostly the movie reminded me of Just Cause and makes me wanna play Far Cry 6.

If you see it in theaters, and really there is NO reason there are no good fight scenes and everything is CGI so TV is perfectly adequate - there is a 30 second, after ALL credits stinger that sets up the next DC tv show.

also if you didn't know Sylvester Stallone is the VA for King Shark

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was fun enough. Good special effects and plenty gory. There were parts that felt out of place or just edited weird. Its a one time watch kind of movie.

I had just finished watching all 4 seasons of Queen of the South and so was pleasantly surprised to see Alice Braga Moraes in the movie. Was hard not to see her as her character in Queen of the South.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought the whole movie was bad.

Elba was pretty good, but the writing and character dialogue were fucking AWFUL. Cena was also good, but the banter between the characters was video game level cringe.

Elba "Show off."

Cena "Showing off is cool if you LOOK BADASS WHILE YOU'RE DOING IT"

Elba turns around and mutters to himself "Damn....hes right."

WUT.

The plot was ridiculous, and the pacing was fucked. The only redeeming quality is the cgi shark dude voiced by a demented Stallone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
First half was good, its mostly formulaic in James Gunn style - GOTG team up, goofiness, character awkwardness, hit and miss humor, etc.

Second half is pretty bad though, it tries too hard to be edgy and loses most of the story. It honestly felt like 2 movies, Suicide Squad + a Harley Quinn 1 episode TV show mashed together and neither piece worked together. The ending is not good and it doesn't feel like a calculated, good build up towards a big conflict.

I didn't actively despise it like WW84 or Birds of Prey, and I did like the first half, but it really shouldn't have had Harley Quinn and there were multiple scenes that should have been cut, like the whole bus ride where Ratcatcher 2 explains her backstory. Pointless and grinds the movie to a halt.

Its the Black Widow of the DCEU, a mediocre movie that is not the worst thing in the world but not very good either and feels years too late. Absolutely mystifying how it is sitting at 95% on RT. Well, I guess not, the movie does cringe hard into "America is bad!! mmmk" Mostly the movie reminded me of Just Cause and makes me wanna play Far Cry 6.

If you see it in theaters, and really there is NO reason there are no good fight scenes and everything is CGI so TV is perfectly adequate - there is a 30 second, after ALL credits stinger that sets up the next DC tv show.

Totally agree.

To be honest, I have no idea what the Harley Quinn plot was and why she fucked that president of whatever country they were in. No fucking clue how that played into anything. It's just the same as Black Widow - the plot about the red room, I have no fucking idea what they were doing, the movie was about family!

Harley Quinn fucking sucks. Period. Birds of Prey was probably the 3rd movie of my life I've ever walked out of (1. Public Enemy, or whatever Johnny Depp 1900s robber movie, 2. Thor 1 {and I later regretted and love the movie now}, and 3. Birds of Prey) because it was so awful. Margot Robbie fucking sucks as Harley Quinn, or the character sucks, whatever. But her voice, etc, it's just fucking *garbage*. The only remotely good scene is in the even shittier original Suicide Squad where she's changing or something. Other than that, Margot Robbie was great naked in Wolf of Wall Street, and great as Tonya Harding in "I, Tonya". But she fucking SUCKS American Inventor DICK as a comedy / dark / good bad guy.

You're absolutely right the rat catcher back story was awful and killed pacing. A movie like this needs to be 90 minutes, and every scene moving things along and being awesome. This had so much crap in it.

But it bothers me, because John Cena was fucking awesome and is truly funny, Idris Elba was fucking good, Polka Dot man was great, Shark ripping people in half = awesome, and the guy from For All Mankind was so good. But yet the movie sucked. That shit pisses me off. Like how Wonder Woman was so fucking good, and Gal Gadot was phenomenal in that movie and as WW in BvS, but then WW84 comes out and it's so fucking stupid, she sucked, everyone sucked. But I don't blame the actors, it's the material. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

SIGH. I wanted this to be FUCKING AWESOME so bad.

Edit: And they killed Weasel, who was literally like an instant fucking amazing character. What a stupid decision, Gunn's brother is fucking hilarious and they didn't feature him. He's one of the best parts of GOTG2.

EDIT2: Anyone else notice that "JOTENHIM" or whatever sounds like Odenheim or whatever Thor's world is?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I agree, its like Harley is Harley so she has to have her own story line. It's really bogs the movie down and could have been cut out entirely. A new cut with all of that middle Harley story omitted would be a better film.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought the whole movie was bad.

Elba was pretty good, but the writing and character dialogue were fucking AWFUL. Cena was also good, but the banter between the characters was video game level cringe.

Elba "Show off."

Cena "Showing off is cool if you LOOK BADASS WHILE YOU'RE DOING IT"

Elba turns around and mutters to himself "Damn....hes right."

WUT.

The plot was ridiculous, and the pacing was fucked. The only redeeming quality is the cgi shark dude voiced by a demented Stallone.
Nom Nom Eating GIF by The Suicide Squad

spronk

FPS noob
Edit: And they killed Weasel, who was literally like an instant fucking amazing character. What a stupid decision, Gunn's brother is fucking hilarious and they didn't feature him. He's one of the best parts of GOTG2.

you missed the post credits, Weasel lives

also i didn't know but apparently Nathan Fillion played TDK