The Tomorrow War (2021)

Jive Turkey

Karen
I thought they looked decent in the beginning but then we're seeing them up close and in fully lit environments after only a few minutes. It also wouldn't surprise me if the objectively looked better during their introduction, like they had more time and money on those effect shots than the later ones.
Spectral Motion did the animatronics and they're generally pretty good. I'm not sure if they designed them or if Weta, who did the CG, designed them

Jive Turkey

Karen
watched it tonight. Was fine, not great, not even that good. Was pretty much just a mishmash of other sci fi movies. Terminator, Starship Troopers, Independence Day, then at the end it leaned heavily into At The Mountains of Madness, The Thing, and Prometheus.

At the end, when they brought the green serum to kill the aliens, but then the aliens get loose, then the one dude just sets off an explosion that kills all but one... why didn't they just rig the explosives when they were all still sleeping and not worry about injecting them?

Also where the fuck did the cruise ship come from? Was I not paying attention and missed something?

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The serium worked on males, but during the invasion or normal battles they don't use it ever?

Xevy

Log Wizard
The serium worked on males, but during the invasion or normal battles they don't use it ever?
Bullets are much easier to manufacture/acquire in a world that's been stockingpiling them than the tech to mass produce toxin.

Which brings me to the point that if bullets don't work against 80% of their body, why not just rock higher caliber shit? They're all rocking shitty 5.56 or whatever they should pump that shit up to some soviet stuff or just slugs or something. Seems weird.

Okay movie, wouldn't have enjoyed paying for it in theaters. Seems like about 4 movies all combined in one. I thought the whitespikes were going to be some experimented humans or something as a twist. But nope.

My mans Sam Richardson was great though. He's fucking great in everything. Him just yelling "SHIT" while mag dumping down the stairwell was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They really went all in. How many black supporting characters does it take to equal 2 main white leads? All of them it seemed like. It also looked like every other race had somehow vanished. That's what they call progress I guess.

They modeled their movie after football.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This movie was extremely dumb, but I found it enjoyable. Not something I could recommend for a sober person.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
you guys are going way to hard on this. Yvonne doesn't get that many roles nowadays, ill watch most things with her.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I finally watched this, it was good mindless fun, Yvonne isnt the most talented actress but thought this was one of her better roles

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fast forwarded through this last weekend. Caught pretty much all I needed to see in a minute and a half.

No gratuitous Yvonne bikini shots though. 3/10