The Tomorrow War (2021)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1.67 star(s) Rating: 1.67/5 3 Votes
Title: The Tomorrow War (2021)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Chris McKay

Cast: Chris Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski, J.K. Simmons, Betty Gilpin, Sam Richardson, Theo Von, Jasmine Mathews, Seychelle Gabriel, Alan Trong, Chibuikem Uche, Alexis Louder, Mike Mitchell

Release: 2021-07-23

Plot: A man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront his past.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Looks interesting. But, at this point I feel like instead of having a release date in 2021, they should just say "Maybe."

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Goatface

wiki says filming was finished in jan 2020 and was supposed to come out this Dec.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So the idea of this movie is that aliens invade, kick our ass and because we are low on bodies they make tech to “draft” soldiers from the past. Movies like this always do the time travel to the unknowing and you need to like learn about the future and acclimate to the war:

why not just wait till a guy dies in battle and “draft” him from the day before so you don’t have to train anyone?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So the idea of this movie is that aliens invade, kick our ass and because we are low on bodies they make tech to “draft” soldiers from the past. Movies like this always do the time travel to the unknowing and you need to like learn about the future and acclimate to the war:

why not just wait till a guy dies in battle and “draft” him from the day before so you don’t have to train anyone?

Because it takes a minimum of X years for the soul to enter the soulstream so you can time draft them to the future. Duh.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I saw this and thought it said Forever War by Haldeman and got excited. Then I read it again.😕

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

some exec must have had a bet with some other exec on if they could make a movie with an even stupider use of Time travel than Looper.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
some exec must have had a bet with some other exec on if they could make a movie with an even stupider use of Time travel than Looper.

What's the forum's opinion on Looper? I watched it for the first time since theaters last week, I thought it was really just dumb.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What's the forum's opinion on Looper? I watched it for the first time since theaters last week, I thought it was really just dumb.
Good concept and performance from JGL. The script is trash and Willis should have been banned from acting for his performance.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Good concept and performance from JGL. The script is trash and Willis should have been banned from acting for his performance.

One good reason to watch it.

r23.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

I didn't mind it. Weird CGI though. JGL looked strange. Any movie with Blunt in it gets a passing grade.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I didn't mind it. Weird CGI though. JGL looked strange. Any movie with Blunt in it gets a passing grade.
JGL looked strange because it was the most only way to make it remotely believable that he and Willis were the same person. Willis refused to make any changes at all to his appearance which forced them down that route.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's far more fairy tale than science fiction but it's got I think an effective start and end. "In the future no one can get away with murder so we use a goddamn time machine to dispose of bodies" accompanied by no explanation as to that state of affairs makes for a strange premise. Having a super mobster in the future with psychoflexis powers disappearing people in to the past with the power of his fucking mind is already plenty high concept. Rian Johnson didn't need to sprinkle in some fairy tale rules on top. Explaining things less would have been better all around.

I've only seen it the one time in the theater though with zero interest in ever throwing it in again so that's no points in its favor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

thought it was like a 5 of 10. it certainly isn't the prefect time travel movie so many label it. 2012 seems to the year, bruce stopped giving a fuck except for a paycheck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
thought it was like a 5 of 10. it certainly isn't the prefect time travel movie so many label it. 2012 seems to the year, bruce stopped giving a fuck except for a paycheck.

He's been making a lot of clangers for a while now. I saw one where he was speaking his lines with 0 effort. You'd think he has piles of money laying around, but with all the crap he's been making, I have to wonder.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database