The Video Thread

Fucker

Log Wizard
Rofl I'm setting this up on my wife's car right now.

Unrelated:

Dumb video. He says to run the tap until it is steaming hot. This does absolutely nothing. That big black circular ring in the bottom of the dishwasher? It is the heating element, and it gets WAY hotter than tap water. Yeah, he talks about programming and blah blah. Fuck that.+

dfg.jpg

Want clean dishes all the time? Keep the trap clean, run dishwasher cleaner every few months, and give dishes a light rinse before loading them in. Don't crowd silverware or dishes. Forget the auto dispenser. Get them little pods. Make sure the cap on the autodispenser is on tight. If not, gunky water can build up inside and get all kinds of nasty and will coat your dishes in that nasty.

If shopping for a new dishwasher, get a stainless steel tub. Plastic tubs bleed heat like crazy and don't dry well.

giphy-4260054129.gif

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Dumb video. He says to run the tap until it is steaming hot. This does absolutely nothing. That big black circular ring in the bottom of the dishwasher? It is the heating element, and it gets WAY hotter than tap water. Yeah, he talks about programming and blah blah. Fuck that.+

View attachment 535338

Want clean dishes all the time? Keep the trap clean, run dishwasher cleaner every few months, and give dishes a light rinse before loading them in. Don't crowd silverware or dishes. Forget the auto dispenser. Get them little pods. Make sure the cap on the autodispenser is on tight. If not, gunky water can build up inside and get all kinds of nasty and will coat your dishes in that nasty.

If shopping for a new dishwasher, get a stainless steel tub. Plastic tubs bleed heat like crazy and don't dry well.

He does talk about the heating element but that some dishwasher models don't even turn it on with the first fill of water. So running the tap until hot ensures that the first fill will at least be as hot as your hot water heater is putting out.

Fucker

Log Wizard
He does talk about the heating element but that some dishwasher models don't even turn it on with the first fill of water. So running the tap until hot ensures that the first fill will at least be as hot as your hot water heater is putting out.
Christ.

It doesn't matter. First cycle is just blowing off gunk, lasts 5 minutes. After that, the big heating element comes on, and that when all the cleaning gets done. Running the tap does fuck all for cleaning and just wastes water.

He did a 27 minute video on something I explained that takes 11 seconds to read and 8 seconds to understand.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

"Stuntman Ross Kananga attemps at jumping across crocodiles in the 1973 James Bond film, 'Live and Let Die'. The takes resulted in a number of injuries requiring 193 stitches. He died a few years later from a heart attack."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Christ.

It doesn't matter. First cycle is just blowing off gunk, lasts 5 minutes. After that, the big heating element comes on, and that when all the cleaning gets done. Running the tap does fuck all for cleaning and just wastes water.

He did a 27 minute video on something I explained that takes 11 seconds to read and 8 seconds to understand.
Weird because he debunks every single fucking thing you just said in his video.

Dude makes 2 hour videos on how to pick the best dishwasher detergent. I'm going to trust his autism waaaaaaay more than you.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user