The Video Thread

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Did a hangar for Harriers @ Cherry point Marine Air base in NC. Seeing them stop in mid air freaked your brain out the first few times.
I was there when Hurricane Hugo was coming and the air base was evacuated. They had an active hangar beside our new one and all the planes that had not been cleared for service had to be quick tested. What they did was take 4-5 of them at a time and let them hover a few 100 feet off the ground, then brought them back down. This was 80-90's before cell phone cameras but that was an image I'll never forget.

Araysar Araysar was the harrier a superior air platform than the yak?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
That's like asking if one wheelchair is superior to another
Don't know much about the yak but the harrier (as I understand it ) was very unstable in hover mode. I was really surprised to see it added to the F35 models.

EDIT: Oops forgot what thread I was in: GIS Unstable hover video

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Don't know much about the yak but the harrier (as I understand it ) was very unstable in hover mode. I was really surprised to see it added to the F35 models.

EDIT: Oops forgot what thread I was in: GIS Unstable hover video

All VTOL fighter jets were pretty shitty. Their main purpose was to be used as carrier planes. Russia experimented with that Yak for their navy but then just said fuck it, we barely have 1 working carrier anyways.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
All VTOL fighter jets were pretty shitty. Their main purpose was to be used as carrier planes. Russia experimented with that Yak for their navy but then just said fuck it, we barely have 1 working carrier anyways.
you mean amphibs, not carriers.

carriers have catapults and arresting gears which eliminates the need for VTOL.
Amphibs focus on VTOL jets and helicopters
CNV LHD.jpeg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
you mean amphibs, not carriers.

carriers have catapults and arresting gears which eliminates the need for VTOL.
Amphibs focus on VTOL jets and helicopters
View attachment 536058

No I mean carriers, at least with Harriers in particular. The British aircraft carriers were much smaller than US ones, less than 1/5th of displacement of modern US carriers so they needed modern fighters that could utilize smaller carriers.

Even American amphibious ships are twice the tonnage of older UK aircraft carriers

So yeah, you're kinda right because UK builds such pathetic "carriers"

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

that man is not only alive but his car came out relatively clean, compared to the other 4 ded

*edit
oh actually he is a faggot ass jeep owner, i thought he was in sedan

fuck him

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Holy fuck

Lmao how drunk do you have to be to accelerate to 100 mph into a parking lot.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users