The Video Thread

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
First time I've ever seen this YouTuber (CoryxKenshin) who runs a seriously religious, wholesome, and very popular channel. He just happens to be black.
After watching this, I am left thinking that it's primarily his Christianity that gets him this negative attention. And secondarily the fact that he's black.. (AND openly Christian)

/shrug

If he's openly christian? Yes thats gunna get him shat on in any Cali based blue hair company.

I don't like that he's tossing around racism because it isn't, but I'm not gunna fault the dude for swinging the biggest bat he can swing. Go for the fences my dude, use their weapons against them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
USS Texas finally has enough funds to get repaired. It has major structural issues and will hopefully survive being lifted in drydock. It was towed from the San Jacinto Battlefield State Park (Houston area) to a floating drydock in Galveston, Texas yesterday.

The oldest surviving battleship (Dreadnaught), the USS Texas was launched in 1912 and commissioned in 1914.

Arrival at the drydock and slow maneuvering (recording of livestream)(reminder: Youtube had 2x play speed).

History of the USS Texas:

Aerial shots and the start of the day from a Houston news channel (recording of livestream):

• 12Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 12 users

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
USS Texas finally has enough funds to get repaired. It has major structural issues and will hopefully survive being lifted in drydock. It was towed from the San Jacinto Battlefield State Park (Houston area) to a floating drydock in Galveston, Texas yesterday.

The oldest surviving battleship (Dreadnaught), the USS Texas was launched in 1912 and commissioned in 1914.

Arrival at the drydock and slow maneuvering (recording of livestream)(reminder: Youtube had 2x play speed).

Aerial shots and the start of the day from a Houston news channel (recording of livestream):

Hell yeah

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

I used to live right up the street from this thing.

Harris Rd, Highlands Texas.

Took my kid down in 2017 so he could see where I grew up and went to the Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Monument.

EDIT-

Supposedly they eventually want to drain the area it’s currently docked at and perma dry dock it. Not sure if that’s part of the repairs and funding currently.

5AEBFA50-849B-4A25-824D-0C08F2CA07B2.jpeg
BBBA8071-46FA-461F-9F33-501D5A3F5DBD.jpeg
952583E6-38A4-47C8-980F-3C86A5908FF0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users