The Walking Dead

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
it really isnt. how secure is your location if you have to leave every day to scavenge food and water for 30+ people? sure if you fixed that enormous hole in the back and locked everyhting else up tight. nobody can get in. unless governor whips out a few of his grenade launchers and i doubt a 50 cal would have problems piercing those windows. but heh this is a TV show that introduces plotholes then never brings them up again so they could introduce more.
I didn't see any crops or Hostess factories in the town either. Pretty sure they scavenged shit and brought it back same as prison. They just happened to have some better shit (like whiskey and AKs) cause they were there longer and scavenging longer.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
somebody earlier in the thread mentioned the show The Colony as a prime example of survivng in the apocolypse. i cant recommend that show any higher. it bombed in ratings and was canceled after just 2 seasons, but to us FOH nerds we ate that shit up every week it was on. people were genuinely losing crazy amounts of weight and living off whatever little odds and ends they could scratch together. dude made a wood gas powered generator and they made other nifty things. every week. if only they had added a zombie themed scenario instead of power outages or disease themes it no doubt would have done better. that show they had drama and turf battles with other groups and they still had time to show you how they scrounged food and water and made their homes comfortable. damn i miss that show. oh well.
I mentioned it. Mostly because I remember the first scenes of Woodbury and them showing how they set up solar panels and little gardens and whatnot.

One of the biggest things I remember from The Colony was the water purifier they made. It was two massive plastic containers, one with contaminated water that they'd pull from the LA aqueducts, and the other filled with rocks, sand, and charcoal. They went through water like fucking crazy. They also set up a large black tank (possibly metal?) on the roof so they'd have warm water, and also set it up for showers. Just seeing the massive amount of time spent to surviving that they went through -- that's what missing from TWD. We don't get any of that. We also don't really get zombies anymore. It's just lots of...to be honest, I have no idea. Thinking back on the season, I have no clue what the fuck these people have been doing. They literally just spent the entire time at the prison sitting around.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone ever seen them getting water or drinking water for that mater( Besides the town party ).
Over long term and especially in Georgia spring/summers/fall a person would require 3-4 gallons of water each day between hydration, minimal hygiene and food preparation. X30 people now is 90-120 gallons of water a DAY of which at least 30 gallons would need to be drinkable.
Food while less important than water for a prison 23 days of their size( not to mention the dudes who was there like 9 months before they came ) would have exhausted all the food supply long ago. Ya I know they showed this massive storeroom in the start, but really even that shit would be gone now. Hell in Season 1 I think it was Daryl managed to feed them on squirrels at least.

It's nitpicking ya, but they could have showed/explained where they was getting it for 20 minutes one episode easily instead of the stupid filler talks/fights bullshit that happened all season, at least show the survival since this show is more about that than zombies now.
There's a stream right in front of the prison. Hershel mentions in the first episode that they could dig a canal into the yard.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Thinking back on the season, I have no clue what the fuck these people have been doing. They literally just spent the entire time at the prison sitting around.
TWD reminds me of Revolution in a way. Very interesting premise that you could have 20 shows on, yet they don't even bother exploring the premise pretty much at all.

Does the comic book show more the struggles to survive and live in the world, or is it just human drama/kills?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I torrented The Colony and it was legit interesting. Learned a thing or two about science as well. Season 2 kind of sucked but Season 1 was really good. Recommend downloading it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TWD reminds me of Revolution in a way. Very interesting premise that you could have 20 shows on, yet they don't even bother exploring the premise pretty much at all.

Does the comic book show more the struggles to survive and live in the world, or is it just human drama/kills?
The comic starts kind of like the show. Where they were learning to adapt and survive in the post-apocalyptic world. However once that becomes the norm it is easy to figure out what the zombies are doing. They stop becoming the threat and it starts revolving more around human-human interaction. Granted throughout the series people can, and do, die to zombies. It just becomes an exception to die to a zombie instead of die to another human.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spoiler for season 4 casting
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/03/th...ars/?hpt=hp_t5

The Walking Dead has promoted three actors for its entirely-too-far-away season 4.
EW confirms that Emily Kinney, Chad Coleman, and Sonequa Martin-Green (that?s Beth, Tyreese and Sasha, to you and I) have been upped to series regulars for next season. They join David Morrissey (the Governor) at the recently-promoted table.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Haha, I never even knew her name because there is no way she would have survived this long in an actual post-apocalyptic setting.

Goatface

what i can gather, that puts everyone of name a regular except governor's 2 guards and Morgan. doesn't mean they are safe, just fairly certain they now get paid for all shows.

Fadaar

That guy
Haha, I never even knew her name because there is no way she would have survived this long in an actual post-apocalyptic setting.
What's really fucked up is the actress that plays her is actually 27, same age as me. I thought she was like 16 this whole time...

Golt_sl

shitlord
What's really fucked up is the actress that plays her is actually 27, same age as me. I thought she was like 16 this whole time...
I swear whenever i see her I think its the actress from harry potter that plays Luna Lovegood..

rrr_img_19873.jpg

vs
rrr_img_19875.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mentioned it. Mostly because I remember the first scenes of Woodbury and them showing how they set up solar panels and little gardens and whatnot.

One of the biggest things I remember from The Colony was the water purifier they made. It was two massive plastic containers, one with contaminated water that they'd pull from the LA aqueducts, and the other filled with rocks, sand, and charcoal. They went through water like fucking crazy. They also set up a large black tank (possibly metal?) on the roof so they'd have warm water, and also set it up for showers. Just seeing the massive amount of time spent to surviving that they went through -- that's what missing from TWD. We don't get any of that. We also don't really get zombies anymore. It's just lots of...to be honest, I have no idea. Thinking back on the season, I have no clue what the fuck these people have been doing. They literally just spent the entire time at the prison sitting around.
If you want to watch people rig machines to survive like on the colony, watch the colony. I can understand the point on zombies not being a major part of the show, or not liking the human interaction, but come on. I sure as shit don't want to watch then farming and gathering water. They can imply it and I'm fine. I just want something interesting, which they haven't been able to put together.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just like you, I wantsomethingto happen. If that's zombies doing something, them improving their circumstances, or being diplomats or some shit, I don't care. I was just throwing it out there that maybe they could show the group improving their circumstances to survive. They could take the LOST route and have a 15 second shot of one of the girls tending to a garden. Or show something already built that looks like they're making an effort. At least then we have some idea that these people give a shit about surviving the god damn apocalypse, as opposed to whatever the fuck it is they do now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watching them tend a garden advances the storyline better than any episode this season.how hard is it to show them buying seeds and making a little speech about how thats their future garden? Then when they show the scene of carol and the moustache inmate talking before he gets sniped they coulda been heading out to water the plants. These guys walk around outside so many times for no reason, it would only help the show if they gave them stuff to do while they took their dialogue dumps.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My buddy hipped me to this show a few weeks back. Caught up to the season 3 finale.

This show rocks! Cept that last episode. What a let down. Matter fact, I didn't think the 2nd half of season 3 was that great, past a couple long timers dying.

They really need to jump a few years ahead, and have the kid being a badass. Or have him leave his pop, becauuse he just doesn't think daddy is getting the job done.