The Walking Dead

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
quoting to clear up confusions.
"The rule is WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus.""
-Robert Kirkman
That really does not sit with what they did to the old dude in the prison when he got bit in the leg and quickly lopped it off saving him from becoming a zombie. Would you not try treating it first before taking drastic measures like lopping it off with a hatchet? Im sure they could of scrounged up some penicillin to stop infections at that point. Also they keep on focusing on the "bite". Like the black dude in a few episodes ago for instance. "OMG! Did you get bitten?!!" "No it bit me on my bandage" Or this last episode where the same dude that just got captured and how he supposedly got bitten and now is all feeling sad about it instead of telling everyone about it so they can maybe do something instead of putting a cap in his head. Its a recurring theme throughout the show. Yeah they can save people from gun shots, high powered rifles at that, but have a hard time treating a Zombie bite? Man those zombie bites must be some terrible shit.

Im not disputing what the dude said, Im just saying this is not how they portray it on the show, is all.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have to assume that a zombie bite is just filled with horrible disease and bacteria. Not like a (somewhat) clean bullet causing a wound. A zombie bite is probably something like getting bit by a rabid animal(or worse). Sure, they don't turn you into a zombie, but just like if you get bit by a rabid animal without proper treatment, you're boned.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well if thats the intent, then the show should represent that. I just dont get that out of the show at all. From the show as it stands, for 4 seasons+ 2 ep, its been get bit by zombie, get turned into a zombie.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even from the first season with the guy who got bit and quickly got fever as they hauled him around in the RV, then eventually left him on the side of the road. It was get bit = get fever and die and then turn into zombie. It was only later that they learned that any death = turn to zombie. Still holds true with the zombie bites, its just some nasty shit in their bites that basically kill you.

Disp_sl

shitlord
The writing is definitely superior to the last 2 seasons. I stopped watching after the 2nd or 3rd episode last season, and my friend told me the other day that it's been really good the last 2 eps. Watched them both and was pleasantly surprised that there was very little shit/filler dialogue, and most scenes seemed to actually advance the story. No ninja zombies sneaking up on people so far either too which is a plus. Already feels like there's been more actual content than season 2, 3, and first few episodes of 4 combined. Hopefully they can keep it rolling.

Oldbased

> Than U
The Hershel thing is exactly why I was referring to the fluid transmission. It is still unanswered in the comics to be honest, it flipped the group out we will probably see in this next weekend, but as per comic it didn't matter anyways and it never said one way or the other. I was pretty sure we seen people turn semi fast after a bite, but maybe not. I watch so many damn zombie movies and series it's hard to keep up which one did what.

I just always assumed while everyone carries it, being bitten was like a zombie rabies.
If Robert claims on virus like that, why do people freak over a small non lethal bite like on the arm or shoulder?
Bioxin that shit.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, it was kinda ripped on in previous threads. Early in the series (I think at the CDC) they said it is random, but can take quite a long time to succumb to the bite / turn. We saw RV guy take a couple days and Andrea wait for her sister to turn overnight. Then later for plot convenience / drama we saw people drop dead, turn zombie, and go full on ninja-ambush zombie within minutes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was actually entertaining the theory that Bob was resistant to the zombie infection. we all thought he got bit last season (it bit my bandage!), but didnt turn, then it looks like he was bitten again this week and still seems ok. either we are being trolled and he was never bitten or he has some kind of immunity to it. will be interesting to see what happens sunday.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That really does not sit with what they did to the old dude in the prison when he got bit in the leg and quickly lopped it off saving him from becoming a zombie. Would you not try treating it first before taking drastic measures like lopping it off with a hatchet?
At this point in the comics/tv a bite is a death sentence, if a walker bites the tip of your finger, you're gonna turn. It's cuz the mouth is a dirty, dirty place and a breeding ground for all kinds off nasty, and this is while we're alive. Getting bit by a Walker is probably the same as getting Super AIDS and Mega Ebola at the same time, but it still has to travel via the bloodstream throughout your body.

So a Walker bites your foot, lop off your foot before Super AIDS can travel through the rest of your bloodstream.

Them hacking off body parts the second you get bit is the first time they try this, b/c they've tried everything else, what is there to loose? at this point getting bit is a 100% death sentence.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's splitting hairs in the context of a zombie series, but the whole "hack off your limb before the virus/bacteria make it through your blood stream" doesn't reflect reality. If the virus penetrates your skin and makes it into the bloodstream of say your arm, it's pretty much circulated throughout your body within a minute. If it took "time" to travel, then heroin addicts would be waiting a lot longer for their high to hit.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another actor from The Wire in the cast. Also, when Bob was waking up, did we see the fireworks guy that Cutty said he killed?
Yea I didnt understand this at all. If Tyreese is going apeshit on your face I dont see a chance that you are surviving. Especially when he basically told Carol he killed him....maybe he lied and didnt have it in him?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
quoting to clear up confusions.
"The rule is . . . um . . . lets just say if a person gets bit . . . then just have that set off a bunch of cool and gory shit happening. Whatever they do to deal with it right then as they panic, you know what I mean, but make it be all like cool and scary"
?Robert Kirkman
FTFY

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's splitting hairs in the context of a zombie series, but the whole "hack off your limb before the virus/bacteria make it through your blood stream" doesn't reflect reality. If the virus penetrates your skin and makes it into the bloodstream of say your arm, it's pretty much circulated throughout your body within a minute. If it took "time" to travel, then heroin addicts would be waiting a lot longer for their high to hit.
Instructional video:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought the reason bites/scratches were fatal was because they'd lead to a "not-the-zombie infection" infection which would eventually just kill you. Like a bacterial infection or something.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
They're fatal because of plot. Sometimes people take a full day to turn, sometimes they take 30 seconds. That happens also because of plot.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not necessarily. With most diseases humans have different reactions and time tables. Now granted that is generally because of unique immune systems which shouldn't really be in effect if dead.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
----------------------------------------------------------------
Not necessarily. With most diseases humans have different reactions and time tables. Now granted that is generally because of unique immune systems which shouldn't really be in effect if dead.
I too assumed Bob was out crying in the darkness because he was indeed bitten and that kiss was going to be his last. Then when I saw them eating his leg, I too assumed that the joke was on them as they would shortly all be zombified.

Thank you for pointing out how wrong we were. Do you have theories on why Bob is crying in the dark?

What is the deal with Dale and Carol and the car? Maybe I missed a scene. They are having some kind of heart to heart one minute and the next they are hotwiring a car and it looks like they either abandoning the tribe or they are chasing after the kidnapping funeral director.

Oldbased

> Than U
----------------------------------------------------------------

I too assumed Bob was out crying in the darkness because he was indeed bitten and that kiss was going to be his last. Then when I saw them eating his leg, I too assumed that the joke was on them as they would shortly all be zombified.

Thank you for pointing out how wrong we were. Do you have theories on why Bob is crying in the dark?

What is the deal with Dale and Carol and the car? Maybe I missed a scene. They are having some kind of heart to heart one minute and the next they are hotwiring a car and it looks like they either abandoning the tribe or they are chasing after the kidnapping funeral director.
Was he crying out there? If so that would pretty much confirm biting and follow the comic arc.

They had found the car earlier on in the episode together where Carol said to save the car for later if they needed a getaway.
Last season Beth was taken in a car with a cross on it, Daryl saw it hence he wanted to follow them to find Beth.