The X-Files

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Well the cure is found in the DNA of only a select few. And I'm sure any time a doctor has come close Cancer Man was all over it. Pretty easy thing to explain away.
Ok, so how exactly is Scully's vaccination going to be administered to 6 billion people around the world who are all dying? Even if she had the cure, there is no fucking way to get it manufactured and administered around the entire planet in time to save anyone. She didn't even have time to save Mulder who was sick for a few hours!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well considering we don't know that yet they could do anything. I'm guessing they're going to go with the simple "because aliens" cop out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yep. That was it. Almost as much of a cliff hanger as when Scully was stuck on the bridge with the dudes with their eyes sewn shut torching everyone.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did that really end that way?
With Scully's eye on the bridge
I almost feel like I downloaded a version that ended too early or some shit.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
That's some horse feathers.I thought the last episode was going to tie-up the first two episodes of the psychic children, nope. Just dove straight into a b movie pandemic, fast.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't handle anyone ever referring to Agent Einstein by name without thinking that they're being overly sarcastic. Like calling her Agent Dumbass.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's like they are trying to sell more X files with the two new agents.

Think the Girl is good, but the guy is too wooden imo, especially since he would replace Mulder.

They need someone who is eccentric with a puzzle solving mind not a pretty boy imo.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like they are trying to sell more X files with the two new agents.
That was the first thought I had when they returned rather than just being a younger Mulder and Scully joke for an episode. Considering how successful this "event series" of The X-Files has been, I don't think Chris Carter would have any trouble selling some sort of spin-off. After all, he has to keep busy until Duchovny and Anderson's schedules are simultaneously clear again sometime in the next five years.

It would be a hilarious disaster to watch unfold though since it'd be like them trying to recast Mulder and Scully. People didn't like when they brought in Doggett and Reyes, but at least they tried to create new characters.

Speaking of, I know a lot of people weren't fond of Reyes, but I think her character deserved a little better than to be a 5-minute infodump where, by the way, she's a traitor working for the CSM!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I can't handle anyone ever referring to Agent Einstein by name without thinking that they're being overly sarcastic. Like calling her Agent Dumbass.
I agree. Don't know whose idea it was to give her the name Einstein, but it was retarded.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fox has taken the hint: The X-Files is going to largely avoid its wildly complex mythology episodes next season.

They took the wrong hint. People don't dislike mythology episodes. It's one of the reasons there was a big demand for the show to return. What people dislike is Chris Carter writing them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought this show WAS fucked. I'm honestly surprised they ordered more episodes. Everything besides the wolfwere episode was complete shit.