The X-Files

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
yeah the writing and story was ludicrously bad, but it was awesome seeing the gang back together including CSM. It is beyond idiotic that 5 minutes with Svetlana convinced him of anything other than she is super hot.

Hope it gets better.

and jesus christ sculley learn how a fucking bookmark works, thats like my dad googling "google email" every time he wants to check his email.
I'm not a big fan of the plot so far. Way too far fetched, even forX-Filesstandards. A secret agenda in place since the Roswell crash to take over the world with alien technology? Not really buying it. If a "secret society" had that technology, they could take over the world in a few hours, not 70 years. I guess we'll see where this story goes. I actually liked theX-filesepisodes that didn't deal with aliens and government conspiracies more.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, this is hardly the first time a new season completely and instantly convinced mulder of an entirely new conspiracy upending the old one. Like half the original run's seasons were that.

Del

Vyemm Raider
The whole thing was just told at Ludicrous Speed to get us to Episode 2. Mulder spends his entire life investigating aliens, government conspiracies, cover ups, etc... and it takes Alex Jones showing up randomly to help him see the light and "OMG Scully I've got it, our whole lives were one BIG conspiracy!" Seriously? He has one conversation and spends the night with a random girl who in fact lied about their first converstation and it is the only proof he's ever needed to be convinced. None of these conceits were necessary. We have history and back story of Mulder and Scully and know all the alien and government collaboration and shit they do.

I don't know, I'm just bitching. Am hopefully for tomorrow's episode that it'll get on course.
Did you miss the whole part where Mulder saw the reverse engineered alien craft right before his eyes? Or the guy who was there in 1947 who talked to him about the same thing back in 2006 and in present day? I agree it feels a bit rushed, but it was more than just O'Malley and Sveta.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It was rushed because there's only 2 mythology episodes and 4 monster of the week. There was tons of proof as mentioned above.

Del

Vyemm Raider
It was rushed because there's only 2 mythology episodes and 4 monster of the week. There was tons of proof as mentioned above.
That's disappointing to hear. I was hoping that, at the very least, half of the season would be tackling the mythology.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There will be at least 3, episodes 1-2 and 6.

As for the show itself, it was ok, but I'm waiting to see how the next episode plays out. The acting was a bit off the map to me, but the second half picked up nicely.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There will be at least 3, episodes 1-2 and 6.

As for the show itself, it was ok, but I'm waiting to see how the next episode plays out. The acting was a bit off the map to me, but the second half picked up nicely.
Im just going based on what I thought the behind the scenes said.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Duchovny is clearly all out of fucks to give. I don't blame him, that script was worse than heroes reborn.
Ya, it was not great. Decent viewing for nostalgia's sake, but nothing more than that yet.... I've always wondered how cool this show could have been had it been on HBO or something, as the premise and actors are great but the writing (as was the case before it went off air) is dog shit 90% of the time

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I swear Duchovny acted that entire episode drunk. Will watch the whole thing but was kind of meh on it.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Haven't watched this yet, but they're really wasting half of their 6 episodes on monster of the week shit?

Simas_sl

shitlord
First episode was shit but most of the reviews say the second episode is better and the third episode is good.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Duchovny is clearly all out of fucks to give. I don't blame him, that script was worse than heroes reborn.
Yeah, the acting was pretty stiff and phoned in for the most part. You'd think that after an almost 20 year hiatus, Carter could come up with a better script than this. He is going full on George Lucas prequels on this mini series.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This episode was much, much better than the first. Have to really wonder why they started the mini series off with such a weak episode. Couple of questions: are all the episodes in this mini series supposed to be connected? Seems somewhat disjointed between what happened in the last episode and their involvement with the case in this episode. Did they ever explain why Kyle made the first doctor kill himself? I don't recall them resolving why he did that?

Simas_sl

shitlord
I think the rest of the episodes are supposed to be monster of the week except for the last one which is part 2 of the first.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah, its better but its still not really good. The transitions from scene to scene are chaotic and it just doesn't flow well. Because its only six episodes the characters are making these massive leaps of perfect logic based on almost no information - Mulder deduces a random scientists murder is tied to the massive overall hybrid alien invasion conquest conspiracy, everyone is conveniently located within 15 minutes driving distance of Mulder, etc. Definitely some fun and interesting ideas here but it feels so rushed.

I think its probably mostly an indication of how much TV drama has progressed in the years that thex-fileswere off. While these episodes would have been perfectly fine in a regularx-filesseason, compared to all their competition now the show is sadly extremely mediocre.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did they ever explain why Kyle made the first doctor kill himself? I don't recall them resolving why he did that?
Well, it's either
A) He didn't. Guy offed himself to stop LOUD NOISES mind-control-pain and/or "Oh fuck I'm hacking the main computer I'm so fucked forever"
or
B) He did make the guy kill himself in order to clean up (derp, janitor joke) loose ends. If the guy had been taken by security, he probably would have spilled the story about the sound and messages, which lines up with Dr. Explody-Eyeballs' wife's account, which would potentially let Dr EE know his son survived/start to hunt him down.

I lean towards A), but with how quick Kyle was to smoke his Dad, he might give 0 shits about killing some humans to save his sister.