Titanfall

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's too bad for titanfall, really. Being a part of this generations losing team cant sit well with the devs. But I guess money talks.

Column_sl

shitlord
PC is the losing team? surely you jest

From what I see this only hurts the console peasants that can't afford both systems

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
PC, while clearly being the most superior of all is only a small pittance in sales as far as shooters go. They are losing out on millions of sales.

Column_sl

shitlord
Good, keep those fuckers humble.

That big of a player base and it's 100% they are going the micro transaction route

Szlia

I have not followed this thread too closely as it's not really my cup of tea (for both genre and platform reasons), but what's the verdict at this point? Is there any truth to the following sarcastic quote?

Titan fall is going to revolutionize fps just like mario revolutionized plumbing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have not followed this thread too closely as it's not really my cup of tea (for both genre and platform reasons), but what's the verdict at this point? Is there any truth to the following sarcastic quote?
Doesnt look like it. Game looks like it was meant for the add riddled retard generation. It looks like an okay fast paced shooter, in the style of Q3/UT but it is very far from being zomg revolutionary.

Elerion

N00b
The beta was fun but unengaging. The gameplay was smooth, fast and exciting, but it felt like a game you pick up every now and then to play for an hour. It was very instant gratification, not much of a tactical feel to the shooting. The hyped up wallrun and jumping was completely underwhelming when compared to Quake or AvP movement, but it is at least more interesting than most modern shooters.

I might buy it just because I can afford to, but I wouldn't recommend it if money is tight.

Column_sl

shitlord
That makes no fucking sense Elerion. If your money was tight you would want a game that gives you an hour of fun everyday.
That's why Hearthstone, and all other games with instant gratification do so well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I could see this as a casual departure frm BF4 for a hour or two. But definitely nothing I saw was revolutionary. Maybe it will take the place of CoD for the xbros?

Sulrn

Deuces
That makes no fucking sense Elerion. If your money was tight you would want a game that gives you an hour of fun everyday.
That's why Hearthstone, and all other games with instant gratification do so well.
If I'm tight on money I want a game that has more than an hour of fun at a time. If I have a lazy morning, I don't want to feel like I can't play a game anymore after a 2-3 rounds. I want a game that I don't realize I've lost 4 hours of my life to.

kudos

<Banned>
What makes people think Titanfall is even going to be more than a blip on the radar of FPS PC gamers? It's not a great PC FPS to begin with.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't think anyone is preaching it to be the next Counter Strike, but it's a fun game I think most FPS fans will enjoy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love big open FPS games, so this and things like CoD/Brink/CS just don't do it for me.

Sucks I pretty much only have BF series to look forward too, everyone else seems to go the small fps in a shoebox route. Maybe The Division will be good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dice? It might be buggy as hell but it will be good. Frostbite 3, destructible environments, vehicle combat, speeder bikes?

Supposedly they are gonna show gameplay at this years E3 along with release date.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So does Titanfall even have a story campaign or is it literally nothing but multiplayer quick matches?