Tom Clancy's The Division

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Good read

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-it-s-not.aspx

It also mimics my main concern

No Revealed Endgame Experiences

We've yet to play The Division in its entirety, and there is plenty that we don't yet know about the game. However, Ubisoft has yet to describe any experiences that would match up with Destiny's healthy end-game offerings. After more than a year of added content, Destiny has three six-person raids, nightfall strikes, Trials of Osiris weekends, Iron Banner tournaments, exotic weapon quests, and any number of reputation systems to climb through, all of which are waiting for players once they've hit level cap.

So far, we've yet to hear clear indications from Ubisoft about what players can look forward to in The Division's endgame. We're hopeful that the development team recognizes that in a game like this, players are likely to desire a way to continue playing after they've completed the main story. We'll find out soon enough if Ubisoft has any surprises in store when The Division releases to retail on March 8.

Sulrn

Deuces
My thinking is unless they have something hidden behind the release/dlc curtain they expect people to consider the Dark Zone the end game and continually farm DZ rank and 'betterer' drops like any other adventure game.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe they expect it to survive as a 3rd person battlefield? I mean I could see some legs just if the pvp is actually fairly fun at all with good options for flanks and toys. But then again, like in the RTS world, for however many people are pvp hounds, they are outnumbered 10 to one by folks that just want to skirmish the ai and never play against others. (Seems like better players tend to be more bloodthirsty and prefer pvp vs those that are more average prefer something that isn't such a challenge and get stomped on, or heck if outright bad, the ai is a challenge.)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It will have a short lifespan if they have no definitive end game - Destiny has raids/crucible/playlist(albeit shitty). This just has Dark Zone pvp/e and?... I mean the story mission they had in the alpha was enjoyable as an instanced event but id hope they have grander plans than just that.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It will have a short lifespan if they have no definitive end game - Destiny has raids/crucible/playlist(albeit shitty). This just has Dark Zone pvp/e and?... I mean the story mission they had in the alpha was enjoyable as an instanced event but id hope they have grander plans than just that.
In my opinion Destiny has jack shit for "endgame" and yet me and my friends have been playing it since launch. The raid part has always been a 1-2 hour a week thing, the PvP part is pathetic due to the lack of dedicated servers, the unbalanced "supers" and diffrent jumps between classes.

If this can offer us some decent random PvE play with optional (dedicated server) PvP it will be far superior to anything we will see on the Destiny front until "Destiny 2" comes along.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Maybe, have you played in the Dark Zone yet? its basically the same as the normal portion of the map just stronger enemies, better loot(chances) and the possibility of being gang raped by another crew of misfits. Dont get me wrong it sounds fun in any sense but just THAT will get old quick - Im assuming L20 is max and i managed to get to 8 in a day or so on the alpha. So people will be hitting max level in 2-3 days and then aiming for better gear which will likely take 2ish weeks depending on how loot is obtained. I am hoping there is alot to do at end game to keep people interested.

spronk

FPS noob
if you pre ordered the game i'd definitely try to get in the beta, i think many people are going to be severely disappointed in this game so may wanna see if its for you or not. if you preorder on amazon you get a beta key right away and can cancel anytime until the game ships.

Goatface

Is there going to be in game clan support? i googled for a while and all i could find was a dev talking about having them and website support, but that was over a year old.

spronk

FPS noob
on pc its just your uplay name, it'll be your psn/xbl tag on consoles. you have a max of 4 or 5 characters per account. there is no clan stuff in game, you can just group up with friends - 4 person group is max size. i believe most of the character customization is locked for beta, you can just select male or female and do random appearance but not drill down and customize facial stuff.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got my Beta Xbone code in the mail to start preloading this AM. Was already pretty far along before I left for work so everything should be all loaded up for most people ahead of Thursday

spronk

FPS noob
ps4/xbone beta keys have gone out now, ps4 just a few minutes ago. beta is 28 gigs or so. xbox gets access 1 day early this thursday at 10am, pc/ps4 on friday. I'll probably be playing on PS4 since thats what i bought already. I hope more than one story mission and the perks/talents are unlocked in the beta.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
if you pre ordered the game i'd definitely try to get in the beta, i think many people are going to be severely disappointed in this game so may wanna see if its for you or not. if you preorder on amazon you get a beta key right away and can cancel anytime until the game ships.
Why do you say people will be disappointed?

I've had my PS4 for a month and enjoying the console single player game experience. My PC went completely tits up so instead of buying a new one right now I have been thinking about trying this game or Destiny on PS4. Is it just a matter plaguing most newly released MMOs that they are buggy, unbalanced and/or missing a lot of features?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not quite sure why he sad it, the alpha was pretty dam solid for only having 1 story mission and alot of random encounters and the DZ - Currently the only disappointment i could see is if they have nothing to do at max level but DZ and the same story missions but harder. Otherwise with a group of 4 i could see this being very enjoyable, its reminiscent of Destiny meets Watchdogs in a sense, but the gunplay ofcourse is not as good as Destiny but the story seems quite a bit better, which isnt hard since Destiny doesnt have one.

The last scene in the video accurately represents how the game seems when played except the elites/stronger goons/thugs/npc's take a hell of alot more bullets. Normal mobs are orange bars? and the elites and leaders etc have purple bars and some have a white(shield?) bar before you tap into the purple. Some say its not realistic, but if you could head shot a boss and it end the fight it would be....dumb.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Apparently I can not yet use my beta code because I am not in North/Central/South America... /shakes fist.