Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
Found another fun situation: Guy at door to checkpoint in DZ. He shoots you, you're in combat, no ones rogue. You cannot access the door. He waits for you to try and access door, hits you again. Can't access door. Ad nauseum.

Finally my friend and I got fed up, went rogue on him, unloaded our ammo TOO FAST as 1/2 our clips did no damage on him because we weren't registering dmg yet, he runs off, and an invisible guy kills us both. A+ scenario all around.

spronk

FPS noob
for kicks i tried cheating on pc version - took under 2 minutes. run game under uplay, install & run cheat engine 6.5 (64 bit), download the .rar file so you don't get the shitty self install exe with spyware and shit. click the first button on top left, attach to process, and select TheDivision.exe. Type 30 (or however many bullets you have) into text box on upper right, click scan. fire a few bullets, type the new number of bullets into box and click next scan. repeat 2-3 more times until you only have 7-8 addresses on the left side. select them all, right click, add, and it should show up on the bottom. Select them all on the bottom, press enter, type in 500, hit enter again, and click the checkbox on each to active.

boom, you now have a clip that never drops below 500 bullets so you can fire forever without a reload. could do something similar for HP and you won't be killable. nice job, ubi

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
for kicks i tried cheating on pc version - took under 2 minutes. run game under uplay, install & run cheat engine 6.5 (64 bit), download the .rar file so you don't get the shitty self install exe with spyware and shit. click the first button on top left, attach to process, and select TheDivision.exe. Type 30 (or however many bullets you have) into text box on upper right, click scan. fire a few bullets, type the new number of bullets into box and click next scan. repeat 2-3 more times until you only have 7-8 addresses on the left side. select them all, right click, add, and it should show up on the bottom. Select them all on the bottom, press enter, type in 500, hit enter again, and click the checkbox on each to active.

boom, you now have a clip that never drops below 500 bullets so you can fire forever without a reload. could do something similar for HP and you won't be killable. nice job, ubi
Jesus... I would've thought this was predominately server-side. How the hell could they fuck up that bad?

Stave

Potato del Grande
Ubi's response to this has been that anti-cheat is off in beta to save server stress. It will supposedly have server checks and Fairfight on when it launches. Also it is supposedly off in the beta to not give cheaters a head start getting around it. Take that for what it's worth, but if this game doesn't launch with anti-cheat I will be passing on it or waiting til it's on a deep deep sale just for the single player portion.

The Division (PC version) has no anti-cheat. Client side processing for many things (speed, ammo, level, etc.). : Games

Sulrn

Deuces
As long as they learn from Siege/Division and apply to Wildlands.
frown.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Ubi's response to this has been that anti-cheat is off in beta to save server stress. It will supposedly have server checks and Fairfight on when it launches. Also it is supposedly off in the beta to not give cheaters a head start getting around it. Take that for what it's worth, but if this game doesn't launch with anti-cheat I will be passing on it or waiting til it's on a deep deep sale just for the single player portion.

The Division (PC version) has no anti-cheat. Client side processing for many things (speed, ammo, level, etc.). : Games
Ubi soft, Ubi soft never changes.....

I hope this will be a non-issue on the PS4 because I like the game, but holy hell have they messed up with all the clientside crap. You would think developers had learnt something the last 10-20 years when it comes to FPS. People will cheat any way possible, and when you dont have private servers you need to control everything on your end.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty good write up from Forbes of all places, the only thing i dont really agree with is his mention of No Classes - since essentially in the higher end of it id assume youd want people to play roles so its ok to have that flexibility, not the type of game you need to make multiple characters for.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#253c3cd543da

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hoping the gameworld is much, much, much larger than the area you can see in the Beta. If you zoom out on the map, and move the cursor around the edges, it seems like a very small area (bigger than what we had access to in the Beta, but small when looking at the bigger picture). The Dark Zone seems like it will be fun for awhile, but I see it getting dull. None of the gear I extracted was better than something I could buy from a vendor.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I think (as in I am not sure) that other parts of NY will be availible in DLC form (Ubi soft never changes...). I belive I read an article about how they were unable to finish those parts of the city before release. This makes me call BS since they are already a frigging year behind in the release but who knows.

Citz

Silver Squire

I never understood that line of thinking. Fear of giving a headstart to cheaters? I mean, headstart or not, if cheaters want to break the game, they will. Might as well figure it out during the beta so it can be fixed.

In other words, it means, "please buy our game before it's full of cheaters."

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Lol, funny to see the "Division Defense Force" fans on other forums and youtube saying the beta didn't have any cheating or exploits and that "its beta"

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, funny to see the "Division Defense Force" fans on other forums and youtube saying the beta didn't have any cheating or exploits and that "its beta"
They are here too. Negative opinion of game? Oh we shan't discuss it, just passive aggressive blind negs. Woo

I was thinking I might still get it for sake of playing with friends, but the new stuff folk have posted in the last couple pages I think has cemented it as too risky for being just frustrating experience. I really was drawn in by getting to play with modding weapons, kinda like most games drag you in with character building. I did like that they used real names, and had somewhat more obscure things. Like the compensators I found were Battlecomps, they had somewhat more obscure optics than the ubiquitous acog. Stuff like that I wonder if it wasn't insisted by Tom Clancy when they were just starting to think of this game before he died.

I kinda would like to have seen what could have been with a little more accomplished developer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They need to tweak stuff and add some high end 'gambling' mechanic or something like a Battle Royale where you bet your gear/currency. Other than that it looks decent for a purely PVP perspective. I don't give a shit about a PVE shooter so I think it's fine whatever garbo 'mission' dungeons they add.

Invis I'm sure will be fixed, boundary shit will be fixed, hopefully Rogue mechanics get worked with. The timer going to 5 minutes anytime you damage some one at Rogue 5 is bullshit. Means the only way to clear it is to beta exploit or just constantly run away from people for 5 minutes. You can't even hold a spot and defend or it's up to the attackers to completely give up (which never happens) to clear it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Good read, i like the change at 30 for DZ, but im still wondering what they have planned for PVE.