Too many WoW versions? Introducing Federation Services

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
All I want for Christmas is for you Sith's and Republicans to find a jail cell.

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why stop there? Make it multi-game. I'd love to bring my Dragonborn from Baldur's Gate 3 into World of Warcraft!

• 1Worf

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Jasker Jasker have you ever considered making a podcast? I bet you could release one before Mr. Sox Mr. Sox

I'm blacklisted from literally everything on the internet. Have illuminati basically VM'ing everything I own. It has escalated over the past few years where now I'm literally in a VM on all my devices and my eyes have been gouged and I'm using some weird holo eye tech from grey aliens.

point being it wouldn't reach who I wanted it too.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
There are too many versions of WoW.

HC, Wotlk, Era, Retail.

Classic+ potentially soon.

That’s five. Five WoW versions.

So hear me out.

What if there were a way to dynamically jump between clients in at least -some- of the way.

Some measurement in progress, levels, gear, achievements, that can carry to different WoW clients - ‘Federation Servers’.

A Federation Server is a WoW server type that allows for the cross-function ‘stuff and measurements’ from other WoW clients, and incorporates the proper measurement of those carry overs.

What are the restrictions?

IE: Can you transfer your thunderfury from Era to HC until the Federation Server is four months old. Or, only a component of the thunderfury, say, one binding can transfer, with no time restriction.

What about your max level war in WOTLK? Does that mean in the federation server for ERA vanilla client, you’d have a max level warrior?

Would the warrior jump to level 40 but not max level in era because there’s a 75% penalty in all federation functions?

What if you had a very rare flying mount from sunwell, what would the federation service do if you wanted to go to HC with it? Would you complete a grounding quest to ground the mount and have ashes as a ground mount after completing a series of ‘grounding ashes’ quests?

What does this cost and how will blizzard apply the cost? Is it a ‘use’ application - you choose a use-base? Is it a monthly subscription? A tier sub?

From this point forward all new servers on all WoW clients must have a federation server for scalability and desirability. At least one federation server must be created for existing game clients.

Wanting to play a different WoW game but want your achievements to carry over? That juicy PVP title? You’re amazing bug mount?

Let’s think about this, federation service and how it could help us. We have jobs, lives, other things outside of the game (I don’t but maybe you do). In this way, we need a service to jump between clients intelligently in at least some ways.
Leonardo Dicaprio Eyebrows GIF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There are too many versions of WoW.

HC, Wotlk, Era, Retail.

Classic+ potentially soon.

That’s five. Five WoW versions.

So hear me out.

What if there were a way to dynamically jump between clients in at least -some- of the way.

Some measurement in progress, levels, gear, achievements, that can carry to different WoW clients - ‘Federation Servers’.

A Federation Server is a WoW server type that allows for the cross-function ‘stuff and measurements’ from other WoW clients, and incorporates the proper measurement of those carry overs.

What are the restrictions?

IE: Can you transfer your thunderfury from Era to HC until the Federation Server is four months old. Or, only a component of the thunderfury, say, one binding can transfer, with no time restriction.

What about your max level war in WOTLK? Does that mean in the federation server for ERA vanilla client, you’d have a max level warrior?

Would the warrior jump to level 40 but not max level in era because there’s a 75% penalty in all federation functions?

What if you had a very rare flying mount from sunwell, what would the federation service do if you wanted to go to HC with it? Would you complete a grounding quest to ground the mount and have ashes as a ground mount after completing a series of ‘grounding ashes’ quests?

What does this cost and how will blizzard apply the cost? Is it a ‘use’ application - you choose a use-base? Is it a monthly subscription? A tier sub?

From this point forward all new servers on all WoW clients must have a federation server for scalability and desirability. At least one federation server must be created for existing game clients.

Wanting to play a different WoW game but want your achievements to carry over? That juicy PVP title? You’re amazing bug mount?

Let’s think about this, federation service and how it could help us. We have jobs, lives, other things outside of the game (I don’t but maybe you do). In this way, we need a service to jump between clients intelligently in at least some ways.

Is world of Warcraft in the room with you now?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ya'll think Jasker Jasker is nuts but the rest of you sound like this to normal people.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
threads like these must be one of the reasons why there are so many mass shootings in 'murica

• 1Like