Tool might eventually release a new album someday

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
fuck ticketmaster is such garbage, sold out instantly and theres already tons of tickets on stubhub

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ticketmaster is a tool (no pun intended) for artists to use to fuck their fans without taking a hit to their reputation. Don't blame Ticketmaster for doing their job.

Why You Can’t Get a Ticket to the NBA Finals …

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Good bands these days are all doing sales off their website and will call only..you bring in an ID that matches the name on the ticket and you get in. No physical ticket exists to sell. Still possible to game the system, but much more hassle than the current system.

You would think bands would get pissed about their "sold out" shows being half full, but I guess not.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Good bands these days are all doing sales off their website and will call only..you bring in an ID that matches the name on the ticket and you get in. No physical ticket exists to sell. Still possible to game the system, but much more hassle than the current system.

You would think bands would get pissed about their "sold out" shows being half full, but I guess not.
What bands are doing this? Kid Rock is the only artist I'm familiar with that circumvents ticket distributors. When I bought my floor tix for Maiden there was a caveat that to get into the show I need to show up with my credit card and photo ID. However, it was still thru Ticketmaster, and it only applied to floor seats.

Last edited:

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
What bands are doing this? Kid Rock is the only artist I'm familiar with that circumvents ticket distributors. When I bought my floor tix for Maiden there was a caveat that to get into the show I need to show up with my credit card and photo ID. However, it was still thru Ticketmaster, and it only applied to floor seats.

Rammstein, IIRC and Sabaton do this thru their promoters. Rammstein sells tix straight off their site specifically to limit the scalping, Sabaton uses a site called enterthevault and their tix are all like this too.

I mean, I'm sure you can still buy them thru ticketmaster, but at least you can get them from a legit source and know where the money is going, rather than playing games with resellers for seats you're never gonna get.

My biggest issue with ticketmaster is the fucking fees. Just tell me the tickets are $100. I'll still fucking buy them, but at least I don't feel dirty for forking out $200 for a pair of $70 tickets. Just call them what they are so I feel less slimy.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i don't think any band playing arenas the size of Tool could pull off will call only.

tons of small venue shows have been doing it for at least the last ~15 years.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wilco can play in much larger venues but last time they rolled through SF they opted for five nights in a row at the Fillmore. Obviously not feasible for a whole tour, but a cool idea for major markets.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
20170617_215820.jpg

Finally caught them live. Was not disappointed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So APC is touring this fall / winter? Guess that album isn't coming out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Couldn't they be mixing while Maynard is fucking off elsewhere?

I mean definitely never getting a new album but one can dream

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw them last week. It was a damn good show. I like how they just keep playing for nearly 2 hours with a short intermission in between. I noticed that the average fan age has gone way up since last time I saw them during their 10,000 days tour. Everyone looked 30+ (including me and my friends). People were moving in/out WAY too much, and not enough people just going nuts in general. I headbanged like I was 14 years old and my neck was sore for a couple days after the concert.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
So APC is touring this fall / winter? Guess that album isn't coming out.

Cool, hopefully they have the exact same setlist the last two times I saw them..which was the Emotive tour and like then like 7 years after the Emotive tour.

Maynard is phoning it in.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
I saw them a couple weekends ago as well. It was well worth the $115 ticket cost. They sounded absolutely perfect from where I was sitting and Danny's drum solo was insane. Our cab driver even smoked some of his weed with us during the drive back to the hotel. Unfortunely this was the only pic I took, there were a ton of awesome visuals.

20170609_220053.jpg

• 1Solidarity