Tool might eventually release a new album someday

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
"16 February, 2017 (11:17am)
TOOL MOVES GEAR INTO NEW SPACE - MAYNARD WORKING ON VOCALS

In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth. "

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
TOOL

TOOL.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
The only thing longer than the time between Tool albums is the time between software updates for their website.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they revamped the website around the same time they released Tool Army and Adam's trippy artsy website Dissectional, whenever that was. i think right before Lateralus came out? so 2000-2001 sometime.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Tour dates are up. Including a show local to me.

May 24 - Fairfax, VA @ EaglebankArena
May 27 - Bangor, ME @ Darling's Waterfront Pavilion
May 28 - Boston Calling Festival @ Harvard Athletic Complex
May 30 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
May 31 - Hamilton, ON @ First Ontario Centre
June 2 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
June 4 - New York City @ Randall's Island Park
June 5 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Petersen Events Center
June 7 - Clarkston, MI (Detroit) @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
June 8 - Rosemont, IL (Chicago) @ Allstate Arena (*11am onsale)

Anyone have experience getting pre-sale tickets via the Tool Army site? Is it worth the $50 membership fee and do they offer anything other than VIP packages? Just looking for a couple floor tickets but if presales are a sellout shitshow like they've been for every other recent tour, I won't bother.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tool Army is bullshit. site hasn't been updated in 15 years. can't believe they're being so money grubbing as to ask people to sign up for that shit for presale tickets.

they have never once billed me past the entry price i paid back when i was in high school, tho. was supposed to be a yearly fee. they even realized that there wasn't enough content on that site to justify a subscription.

pretty sure i won't be able to make it to the Michigan date since i will be getting chemotherapy. tho maybe i should play the cancer card and see if i can get some VIP seating or something. =p

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I agree. NIN does it right. No fee to sign up for their fansite, and you can get a max of 2 pre-sale tickets in your name, willcall-style.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary just got dates bro

I'm hype as fuck, i'm gonna commit sudoku if i don't get a calgary ticket

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I would like to see Tool live once in my lifetime but the thought of being around a bunch of Tool fans is nauseating to me.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary just got dates bro

I'm hype as fuck, i'm gonna commit sudoku if i don't get a calgary ticket

This made me lol. If I can't get a ticket I swear I will do number puzzles!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I saw Tool last year. Spent the night with a 6'5" bean pole burnout bragging about how he had seen Tool 30 times and I should come to some random festival in nowhere Arkansas (compared to everywhere AR which is still basically nowhere). Oh and he was maybe 38 years old with some fat 60 year old "partner" that he spent all night grinding on to and feeling up.

The opening act was Terrible (some band named Three Teeth) and a complete waste of time.

Maynard spent all show behind and to the right of Danny Carey, in the dark, couldn't even make him out, in a black SWAT uniform.

They played for about an hour and a half, took a 20m intermission (it had a countdown on screen), came back and played one song. No encore.