Top Chef - Seattle

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess this thread never made it over from FoH. Just got to say that it's a god damn crime that my girl Kristen went home because she wasn't willing to throw that cow Josie under the bus. If she doesn't win Last Chance Kitchen and Josie doesn't get the fuck off my TV in the next two weeks then there is no god.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I haven't gotten home to dl the episode yet but just finished reading the blogs at Bravo and think it's fucking ridiculous, especially given how that fucking sloth has performed in the last 2 challenges with timings, but Tom makes a good point that they don't see what goes on and that Kristen took the high-road (hell even Gail implied she voted against the decision) so I can't really blame them. Though I guess I can since the whore should have gone home last episode as well, I can't see how she makes another week at this rate at least.

At least Kristen beat CJ in LCK, and did it making Bouillabaise as a fuck-you too...can't see anyone else that could beat her in there really apart from maybe Stefan if he actually tries rather than expecting to win

Yeah the show always has a 'fix' in, they have to keep around one person who is universally hated till the end to create tension. Josie and Stephan are the foils. 100% chance you'll see one of them in the final three. The producers have been milking this formula since S1. Props to my hometown guy Sheldon, his food must be really good, most Filipino is either vile or boring.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I don't really think it's a fix in this case. Yeah, it's terrible that Kristin went home when Josie was clearly the weakest link. But historically, in Restaurant Wars, it's the losing team's leader that goes home. It didn't help that Kristin fell on her sword instead of throwing Josie under the bus, though. Also, Padma really had it out for Kristin for whatever reason.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I thought Padma and Gail were going to have to wrestle for it (I don't think Padma would have a chance with Gail's weight advantage, but she does have more reach, either way I would buy this match on PPV.)

It really looked like Kristin decided before they started that if her restaurant didn't win she was going to take all the blame. If Josie makes it to the end then fuck this season. I really hope she packs her knives next week and Kristen owns her in LCK.

I am rooting for Sheldon as well. He and Kristen are definitely my favorites this time and I would love to see them both in the finale.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Does it make me a bad person if when Padma and Gail were going at it the only reason that I could think of was that Padma didn't want another model on the show taking up screen time?

2nd week in a row that Josie should have been tossed. But M4B is definitely right. They always keep around whoever causes the most drama.

Rooting for Sheldon. I can totally get behind a guy like Stefan though. I don't mind assholes that know they're assholes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would totally fuck the ever-loving shit out of Kristen and that other girl that was the front of house for their restaurant. Oh my lawwwd.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Does it make me a bad person if when Padma and Gail were going at it the only reason that I could think of was that Padma didn't want another model on the show taking up screen time?
The thought crossed my mind as well. Padma likes to surround herself with fat girls.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All three of the people I would have liked to win are technically out. Kristin, CJ, and Kuniko.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Speaking of Kuniko, anyone know what's up with the twitter hashtag campaigns they have going on? I've been tweeting #SaveChefKuniko when it pops on the TV under the pretense that they'll get a third chance in LCK.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I like this show but every season since the one with the Voltaggio brothers seems to pale in comparison and it's almost comical at times, especially this season where Josie just seems like total shit and somehow keeps it going. Sheldon won but just a week ago had his food called cheap Chinese food by Wolfgang Puck. I'll continue to watch but could care less who wins, none of them make me wish I could go have a meal where they work.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so I watched a random episode of this last week and... is that the same Stefan from a past season?

and the asian chick looks like LeAnn from a previous season too...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yes, Stefan was one of 3 they brought back from previous seasons as contestants. CJ and Josie were the other two.

spronk

FPS noob
josie reminds me of that other fat lesbian who made it to the end in season 4 or 5, the one with the bitch face. stephan is too fucked to make it to the end, he always does something dumb to sabotage himself. no clue whose gonna win now, I do hope kuniko and kristen make it back in to the finals. hipster pork guy needs to leave, he is not pork jesus.

hmm, when I think about it only ones that really deserve winning this season are 4 of the girls (kuniko, kristen, the two besides josie still left) or CJ. Gives a pretty good chance that a woman is walking away with top chef this year.

mek_sl

shitlord
This has already been one of the worst seasons ever, and this week's ep sealed the deal. Kristen going home was a travesty, and it's an embarassment to their entire team that nobody spoke up about how completely useless Josie is. All three of them are backstabbers that threw a tough competitor under the bus for personal gain.

Bringing back old competitors was a total fail idea, too. Every minute CJ or Josie is on the screen I want to find a producer and spit on them. Seriously, if Kristen doesn't last chance her way back into the finale this show can go fuck itself. I'll be done with it.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think having some returning stars was ok but having Josie as one of them when she totally sucked in her first season makes no sense at all. Totally a drama move by the producers.

I kind of wonder if the #save a chef thing wasn't made after they realized Kristen was sent home to early and wanted to give her a chance at the finale even if she loses somehow on last chance kitchen.

With her out I am rooting for sheldon and brooke all the way. They are the only 2 good chefs left.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Finally got to watch this last night and by the end I wanted to throw my remote at the TV purely in the hopes it would go through, hit Josie in the head and just fucking end her. It was fucking ridiculous the way it all went down, and while i understand and admire Kristen's way of handling it and why she did what she did I really hope she uses it as a learning experience for when to have that attitude irl and when to just stab a bitch

buyerat_sl

shitlord
This weeks episode was ridic. Kristin turned into an idiot and Josie somehow skates by again. But kristin will win last chance.