Torrents

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
The movie/tv show tracker HDME.eu is having open signups/sitewide freeleech right now. To be honest, the site sucks. Looking for specific movies more than a year or two old gave 0-3 seeds on each. For being a "hd only" tracker, there were certainly a million different versions of each show/movie. I think that combined with only needing to seed 72 hours/limited user base is the reason for low seeds.

There's some recent stuff that seems to have enough seeds, so if there's anything you're looking for (and don't want to spend ratio on another tracker), it might be worth checking out for a week or two while freeleech is up.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a good private tracker for TV shows esp HBO and Showtime. I have a seedbox but it just got a mail from HBO over True Detective. I have been using IPT but that is getting way to well known.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a good private tracker for TV shows esp HBO and Showtime. I have a seedbox but it just got a mail from HBO over True Detective. I have been using IPT but that is getting way to well known.
Interesting, which provider do you use for seedbox (and which country is the box located in)? Did they just tell you to take it down or was there anything more? I use autodl-irssi for True Detective on IPT, maybe I'll just delete it the day after since it's always like an 11:1 ratio by then anyway.

As for better options, it seems like a process if you don't have direct invites. I did theWhat.cd interviewthis week. It's a pretty long/detailed interview but I actually enjoyed learning the stuff. They're just now getting back online after two months of hard DDOS. Power user on What.cd will lead to their invite forum- where you can get to BTN (TV shows) and PTP (Movies). Those two I've always heard were their respective bests.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Your seedbox host got an email specifically about you for hosting True Detective via IPT? Or did they just get a general letter from HBO that the host then sent out to everyone?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting, which provider do you use for seedbox (and which country is the box located in)? Did they just tell you to take it down or was there anything more? I use autodl-irssi for True Detective on IPT, maybe I'll just delete it the day after since it's always like an 11:1 ratio by then anyway.

As for better options, it seems like a process if you don't have direct invites. I did theWhat.cd interviewthis week. It's a pretty long/detailed interview but I actually enjoyed learning the stuff. They're just now getting back online after two months of hard DDOS. Power user on What.cd will lead to their invite forum- where you can get to BTN (TV shows) and PTP (Movies). Those two I've always heard were their respective bests.
At work, and can't really go to that link. But interview? As in they have you interview, and you answer a bunch of questions and in return you get an account?

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
At work, and can't really go to that link. But interview? As in they have you interview, and you answer a bunch of questions and in return you get an account?
Yep, it's done in IRC. Very exact questions about audio formats, transcodes, ripping, spectral analysis, general torrent knowledge and their specific tracker rules. Took about an hour queue to get an interview, then maybe another 1.5 hours to go through it.

Pretty easy if you prepare, though the amount of information on the prep site can seem a little overwhelming at first if you don't know anything about audio (I didn't). Glad I did though- I didn't realize how shitty my previous mp3 collection really was. The tracker's back up for the moment and there's just an enormous amount of content there. And you supposedly can't beat What.cd's power user forum for invites to the other top-tier trackers.

Crone

Yep, it's done in IRC. Very exact questions about audio formats, transcodes, ripping, spectral analysis, general torrent knowledge and their specific tracker rules. Took about an hour queue to get an interview, then maybe another 1.5 hours to go through it.

Pretty easy if you prepare, though the amount of information on the prep site can seem a little overwhelming at first if you don't know anything about audio (I didn't). Glad I did though- I didn't realize how shitty my previous mp3 collection really was. The tracker's back up for the moment and there's just an enormous amount of content there. And you supposedly can't beat What.cd's power user forum for invites to the other top-tier trackers.
Have they said what the point is, other than deterring just anyone from getting an invite? That much effort by staff to screen their people seems very odd. I suppose in the end it's pretty cool, as like you said, you came out of it with a lot more knowledge.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Have they said what the point is, other than deterring just anyone from getting an invite? That much effort by staff to screen their people seems very odd. I suppose in the end it's pretty cool, as like you said, you came out of it with a lot more knowledge.
You can also get in via invites, though their invite system is very restrictive. They block entire countries from even interviewing if they find them to do too much invite selling (I think India had like a 60% rate of invite selling).

But it's mostly to keep quality of all the torrents tip-top. Unlike most sites, you can start uploading things the minute you join- most sites I've been in require you to be a power user or apply to upload. It's a music (mostly) site, and they only allow certain formats for each album (FLAC for uncompressed, 320 kbps/v0/v2 for mp3 and others only if there is exclusive content like bonus tracks on an itunes album). You can only put up a FLAC burned straight from a cd with a log check-sheet that's vetted by their system. Music is small enough that it's pretty easy to keep seeding content you download (especially compressed), so they don't really need a huge open base- better to have a smaller, more competent group.

Six people in a row failed the interview before my slot came up, and I probably got a bit more nervous than I needed to be. You get 3 chances to take it, with a 48 hour lockout if you fail. I think a lot of people just go in without reading the prep site at all.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was this. I admit I am a little scared now. My seedbox is hosted with Whatbox.ca

VIA EMAIL:Notice of Claimed Infringement via Email
CASE:xx39xxxxx
DATE:2014-03-10T18:42:56Z

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing this message on behalf of HOME BOX OFFICE, INC. ("HBO").

We have received information leading us to believe that an individual has utilized the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at the noted date and time below to host and/or facilitate the downloading and/or streaming of content (listed below) in which HBO is the copyright owner and/or the owner of exclusive rights in such content (the "HBO Properties"). No one is authorized to exhibit, reproduce, transmit, or otherwise distribute HBO Properties without the express written permission of HBO, and the unauthorized distribution of HBO Properties constitutes copyright infringement. This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.
The title in question is: True Detective

As the owner of the IP address, HBO requests that Leaseweb USA immediately do the following:

1. Contact the subscriber who has engaged in the conduct described above and take steps to prevent the subscriber from further downloading or uploading HBO content without authorization; and
2. Take appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

We have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

We state, under penalty of perjury, that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

This letter is not a complete statement of HBO's rights in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied wavier of any rights or remedies of HBO in connection with this matter, all of which are expressly reserved.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Your prompt response is requested.

Any further enquiries can be directed to[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */. Please include this message with your enquiry to ensure a quick response.

Respectfully,

Michael Lambert
Enforcement Officer
IP-Echelon
Email:[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
Address: 6715 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, 90028, United States

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Interesting. Do you use one of whatbox's plans for North American servers or overseas?

I'll be honest, I download nearly everything HBO produces, and I seed the shit out of via whatbox. I've had Game of Thrones Season 3 seeding constantly since like last September (go go 49:1 ratio on that file, with 644GB uploaded), and I've never heard a peep, but I also use a whatbox plan based on an overseas server, not their newer NA servers. The NA servers weren't available when I started with them, and I always cap my bandwidth FTPing from the overseas ones anyways, so I don't need a speed increase from local servers.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
It was this. I admit I am a little scared now. My seedbox is hosted with Whatbox.ca

VIA EMAIL:Notice of Claimed Infringement via Email
CASE:xx39xxxxx
DATE:2014-03-10T18:42:56Z

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing this message on behalf of HOME BOX OFFICE, INC. ("HBO").

We have received information leading us to believe that an individual has utilized the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at the noted date and time below to host and/or facilitate the downloading and/or streaming of content (listed below) in which HBO is the copyright owner and/or the owner of exclusive rights in such content (the "HBO Properties"). No one is authorized to exhibit, reproduce, transmit, or otherwise distribute HBO Properties without the express written permission of HBO, and the unauthorized distribution of HBO Properties constitutes copyright infringement. This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.
The title in question is: True Detective

...snip...

Respectfully,

Michael Lambert
Enforcement Officer
IP-Echelon
Email:[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
Address: 6715 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, 90028, United States
I got that same letter yesterday. My internet was subsequently shut off except for a link to my provider which allowed me to acknowledge a use agreement before they would restore my service. All in all, pretty scary.

Crone

Anyone heard of or used this? I fired it up today - seems too good to be true.

Popcorn Time Is Like Netflix For Pirated Content | TechCrunch
Saw this showup on my Facebook, someone posting about it, and saying Ut oh Hollywood isn't going to like this!!

Haven't had a chance to try it, but the article I was reading said that the developers are spread around the world, and they are not making any money on it, so it would be hard to shut down? No idea.

Crone

I got that same letter yesterday. My internet was subsequently shut off except for a link to my provider which allowed me to acknowledge a use agreement before they would restore my service. All in all, pretty scary.
Do these go against the 6 strikes rule?
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Still curious if those flagged accounts were just the North American whatbox servers or not

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Interesting. Do you use one of whatbox's plans for North American servers or overseas?
It does say: "As the owner of the IP address, HBO requests thatLeaseweb USAimmediately do the following." So I imagine it's one of the Flex US plans, and Leaseweb USA is who whatbox uses to host. If not, that's a really roundabout email chain or bad copy/paste job.

I think it's worth noting that HBO did not even ask the provider for the name associated with that IP/slot. Maybe they know it's futile with shared slots or that particular provider.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Those who got the letters... what tracker were you using to get True Detective? IPT?