Torrents

Disp_sl

shitlord
Complete noob questions about Whatbox incoming. Basically the way it works is you download torrents directly to Whatbox, which is behind a VPN, and then they basically get saved in a cloud that seeds the torrent and then you can download the files whenever you like? Would I be able to give friends access to download the files on the seedbox as well or is that a no no?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Got a whatbox, thing is amazing. Dunno why I took so long to do this.

But I was messing with the ruTorrent download settings, and think I might have pooned something.

Can anyone post a SS of the default settings or the best settings to maximize the upload speed? Figured more peers would be better, but dont want to dilute the bandwidth etc
I dont think I ever changed the default settings from their ruTorrent web client, and it's always been great. If you are pushing up against the bandwidth cap, it tends to give priority to downloads over uploads, which is what I would want anyways.

Here are my default settings:
s8jPN0f.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Complete noob questions about Whatbox incoming. Basically the way it works is you download torrents directly to Whatbox, which is behind a VPN, and then they basically get saved in a cloud that seeds the torrent and then you can download the files whenever you like? Would I be able to give friends access to download the files on the seedbox as well or is that a no no?
Correct, the files stay on their servers indefinitely until either you stop paying for service or you delete them yourself. I haven't seen anything specifically on their site about multiple people accessing the same account, but I can't imagine it would be condoned, but no clue how strictly they monitor that type of thing. Just be wary of passing around your user info too much, because you do have monthly bandwith limits that vary by the plan you choose, once you hit the limit your download and upload speeds get throttled hard for the rest of the month.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else had a copyright complaint on whatbox?

Had it going maybe five days and already got one. Lol

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've been using whatbox for over a year and not a single one, and I seed a TON of stuff, mostly new movies and HBO shows. I've got 88 torrents seeding at the moment, GoT seasons 3 and 4(and individual season 4 episodes), Captain America 2, Xmen Days of future past, new games like Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, etc. Nothing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Do you use their North American servers or Euro(Netherlands) servers? I wonder if that makes a difference at all. I use the Euro service plan even though I'm in the US, I still get max download bandwidth via FTP regardless, so I never switched to their North American plans when they started offering them

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it was a day after I switched. I got it initially, then decided I needed more storage, and when they were doing the transfer I said just move to NA as well.

Will have to see, might have just been that single torrent, might have been the server. No telling.

Might keep it in NA for 2 months, bleed all the files off it, then kill it and start a fresh euro server. Depends on paranoia and if I get another copyright warning.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where was the torrent from? If it was a public tracker you can still get hit pretty quickly.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
No clue, already deleted it and the data. Just replaced it with a different torrent of the same thing.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
How can you have no clue where you downloaded the .torrent file from? Did it magically appear on your computer?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I got it from ipt.

No magical torrent fairies, unfortunately.

So guessing private?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
use safari and save them to a specific folder in your dropbox - configure whatbox to snag them from that directory.

chrome never loaded the torrent files properly, safari was the only one that would work from my ipad.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I realize this might not help you but Transdroid on android works very well and is a full client which can interface with your seedbox or use your device to seed / DL.

Not sure if IOS has something similar. I imagine apple wouldn't allow something like that on their market place so you'll have to look in third party options.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Forgot to pay my feral hosting seedboox and all my data got nixed when I was out of town. I started a week trial with seedbooxco.net today. I liked feral hosting when I was using it but I thought I would try a different company.

Anyone have any personal experience?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anyone have a what.cd invite? I have an IPT invite to trade. IPT sucks for music. Demonoid is a little better, but I really should just get in on what.cd.