Total War: Warhammer

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was looking for updates on my favorite mod and thought it was interesting how the old factions from WH 1 & 2 are getting in the way for modders:

2022-08-21 17.44.07 www.patreon.com 3fe712bf86a3.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Was looking for updates on my favorite mod and thought it was interesting how the old factions from WH 1 & 2 are getting in the way for modders:

View attachment 429168

I read that a few days ago, and yeah, this thing musta been a real burn out to the end for them.

This thing is salvageable, they've heard 1000 times by now what people dont like about it.

Pushed myself to campaign turn 106 with Tzeentch. Dunno if I'm gonna see this bear or whatever before Immortal Empires.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Does that mean WH3 comes out tomorrow?
Pretty much.

Still need mods to kill those stupid siege battles and I'll probably wait until at least the Radious mod is updated (in a couple weeks). Unfortunately (for me), it looks like SFO mod will take 6+ months to get to the same level its at in WH2.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Welp, I couldn't make myself finish the base campaign before immortal empires came out. It is official.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It's live.

Patch notes.

Womp Womp
-

TRAITS (GENERAL)​

DEV NOTE:
While the WARHAMMER II version of Knowledgeable invited all sorts of abusive behaviours, the stricter caps on Winds of Magic in WARHAMMER III were probably an overcorrection that resulted in the new Knowledgeable trait feeling quite weak. As such, we’ve not only reworked the trait to focus on experience rather than magic, but also positioned the Magical Reserves skill (shared by nearly all spellcasters) as a means to increase your maximum Winds of Magic capacity.

---

There is an issue from previous game's DLC/FLC. You need to do the following to get access to them

RIGHT CLICK WH1 & WH2 - PROPERTIES - UNCHECK & THEN RECHECK BOXES TO REDOWNLOAD & THEN THE GAME WILL SEE THEM

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This reeks of campaign getting bugged out cuz of a patch later to me:

1661269736671.png

But this looks beautiful:
1661269847950.png

Now if they'd only listen and not be stubborn, and only do campaign themes approved by hyper lore heads.

Last edited:

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I think WH3 has broken my 7 year addiction to this game. I played and turns of a dwarf IE campaign and logged out with no desire to play anything else.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think WH3 has broken my 7 year addiction to this game. I played and turns of a dwarf IE campaign and logged out with no desire to play anything else.

It does feel like a continuation of the first without enough "newness"

and the new stuff like the tower/barricade mini game def ain't the right move

For instance consider a larger scale 5+ army required assault on the Cathay wall with new and much improved siege AI

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I know the feeling. I just played 10 turns of a new Festus campaign, and it's already left me pretty indifferent.

There's obviously so much that needs tweaking, fixing, revision, rethinking and outright removal (hi there stupid tower defense settlement battles) that it's really hard to enjoy TW:W3 even with Immortal Empires.

Plus, Creative Assembly has taken a page from the Blizzard playbook and are aggressively nerfing any old elements that might make you play the game the "wrong" way. There's the massive nerf to the Knowledgeable trait Muurloen noted above (among many, many other trait nerfs), the removal of free skellies from Vampire Counts, and dozens of other little edits that each make the game a little less fun to play than TW:W2.

Quick example: for Warriors of Chaos the Dragon Ogres, Dragon Ogre Shaggoths, and Hellcannons are all "gifted" units now - you're capped to a max of 6 for most armies. I guess that's payback for the years and years of Shaggoth doomstacks being one of the few viable WoC army compositions. However, not only are you restricted in the number of those units you can bring in any one army, there are no techs to improve those units anymore. Your lord's red-line skills are the only buffs they get. Giants and trolls, however, get a those same red-line skills AND a massive +15% damage boost and 25% missile resist via the tech tree. So fuck you for liking Dragon Ogres, I guess. (EDIT: It looks like I might be wrong on this - I was looking through the .pack files and there might be a tech for them, but only for certain WoC factions? Dunno, but my point is they're making tons of weird little changes for no clear reason.)

Maybe this will be good by Christmas or the 1-year anniversary of the game's release? Maybe modders will continue slogging through the endless sea of data tables to make this less of a chore to play? I don't know, but I'm already looking at going back to that Beastmen campaign I was messing around with in TW:W2 the other week.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I tried to load that turn 106 tzeentch campaign up just to see.... and yup it crashes the entire game on load LOL

Burns

I tried to load that turn 106 tzeentch campaign up just to see.... and yup it crashes the entire game on load LOL
They usually have a roll back feature, if you want to finish an old game (or is that Stellaris I am thinking of?). It's the same place you switch to the beta build.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cant get the new DLC heroes to show up for the campaigns after it says it installed them

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched a few Legends stream replays. Consensus is, TW2 is still a better game. Not surprised.