Trailer for what could be the best martial arts movie of all time

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Haha Van Damme. One of my friends was so gay for him he actually started taking karate lessons and became a black belt and still does the shit today. Van Damme starting doing big name movies then he fell off the face of the earth. What happened to him? Did he pull a Wesley Snipes and not pay taxes?

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha Van Damme. One of my friends was so gay for him he actually started taking karate lessons and became a black belt and still does the shit today. Van Damme starting doing big name movies then he fell off the face of the earth. What happened to him? Did he pull a Wesley Snipes and not pay taxes?
Cocaine_zps07ee5197.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Keanu Reeves ever get where he can say more than 1 line per shot?

Szlia

This list is incomplete! The Lady Hermit from 1968 is not in it! (I noticed that trying to establish my Shaw Score... but it's very difficult because some of these movies are memorable, but others... not so much!)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Movie looks fun.

Saw The raid, downloaded it a while back for fun. I absolutely reccomend it, it is a good movie. Entire story is a raid done by the military/swat in Brazil I think it is, where they enter a building to get a drug boss. Lots of fights with guns, knives and fists. Has a John Wooish type of feel.

As to the best fighting movies, I think I am in the same group with many here. Teen in the early 90s = Bloodsport best fighting movie.

Most recently, in the 2000s, I would have to say the Ong Bak movies were my favorite. From what I know, Tony Jaa also does his own stunts similar to Jackie Chan.

Here is a silly scene from the first Ong Bak showing the bad guys being stupid by rushing the hero one at a time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
This list is incomplete! The Lady Hermit from 1968 is not in it! (I noticed that trying to establish my Shaw Score... but it's very difficult because some of these movies are memorable, but others... not so much!)
Yeah theres probably 10-15 good ones out of the 900 but i watched probably like 75% of their movies good or bad though love me some shaw brothers marathons.

ong-bak was pretty badass but the sequels and shit were kinda weird random didnt make much sense, but the fighting was still good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
pretty well known that this was the best martial arts movie ever

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Jackie Chan: As was mentioned Police Story 1&2, Drunken Master and Legend of Drunken Master, and even Project A and Project A-2, Wheels on Meals has some great fighting too.

Jet Li: Fist of Legend, Fearless.

Bruce Lee: The Chinese Connection, and also check outthisclip to see one reason why his punches were legendary. Reminds me of a cobra spreading it's hood.

Donnie Yen: As was mentioned, Ip Man.

Shaw Brothers: I always liked the 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

Great fighting is impressive, but I am a sucker for a good story, which most of these suggestions have.

Szlia

From Jackie Chan I also recommend Twin Dragons for some kung-fu comedy with crazy use of sets and props.

From 5:45.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Hard to Kill with one of the best liners of all time.... you can take that to the bank.

Joe_sl

shitlord
Jackie Chan still holds the best fight scene ever in Wheels on Meals with Benny. He was mimicking a modern day MMA fight in the 80s.

This new movie looks pretty sweet but it looks like some of it is on wires. Those spinning jump kicks look ridiculous.

Goatface

looks like some rips are out, but the screenshots i saw looked odd
anyone watch it yet?

On further reflection, this movie is basically a hybrid of The Truman show . . . and Star Wars. Protagonist is Anakin/Truman. Neo is Palpatine/Ed Harris. They even use the force -_-