TRON: Ares

Caliane

I'm not sure how you make a good Tron movie really.

Much of it is insane nonsense. Like, should it be more true to computer architecture and programing? eh... should then it just be purely fantasy? feels like it loses its core if you do that.
any other Isakei at that point. much like Wreck it ralph, ready player one game world.. or reboot. honestly, I suppose just make a Reboot movie featuring tron shell. player gets stuck in the compy comp, and then has to survive the user installing new games, and playing them.

first thought is, it has to stay in the comp world. Tron in the real world, seems like a bad idea. however... perhaps. we time skip. The Tron digitizer is fucking insane. Its a Star trek teleporter/replicator. What would that do to a 1980's, or even 2000's world? At very least, digitize, travel through the network, and rematerialize on the other side of the planet.... or Mars. it'd would allow "printing" of humans wholesale. programable humans, you could then print into the real world. (something startrek has never really touched on.. closest being duplicates via the transporter) where is the materials for the rematerializing even coming from?
we probably could just go full hard sci-fi future Dark City/Blade runner/cyberpunk with the ramifications of the cyberworld, and digitizer/teleporter.

hell, if programs can enter the real world.. what if the programs are decidedly not human looking? shadowrun!

It should be noted, the original Tron, was 100% a mashup of the Wizard of Oz. (a big reason why the programs look like their creators.) So, that should be a big impact when considering how to make stories about it.

Last edited:
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Tron 2.0, the game, was actually a decent evolution of the overall theme. With something like TRON you just have to be willing to embrace it as a fantasy rather than trying to ground it in any type of reality.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the 2 hour daft punk music video, will try to catch the next one on whatever streaming service eventually at least

Unfortunately, Daft Punk split up last year so slim chance of a decent soundtrack for this movie.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Unfortunately, Daft Punk split up last year so slim chance of a decent soundtrack for this movie.

Perfect opportunity to pass the torch to a nuerodivergent, gender-fluid communist of color with a keyboard. Too many white facists in the techno community.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Syd Mead designed much of the original look of Tron and the original Blade Runner movie. He wasn't involved in the sequels and they suffered for it. Not bad movies but without Syd's vision they just looked like any other Hollywood copy.

Tron 3 will be bad. Don't wish it so, but Hollywood isn't doing anything great right now. And they really don't know what to do with this film other than milk the I.P.

Goatface

new director, 2025 date and sony quicksilver added to cast.

1688053613080.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm finding that I'm enjoying Evan Peters every time I see him in something.

Here's hoping Jared Leto can bring something fresh (his shtick is getting old)
Honestly about the only thing I liked him in was Blade Runner 2049. I thought he did a great job portraying that role.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Honestly about the only thing I liked him in was Blade Runner 2049. I thought he did a great job portraying that role.
Yeah, he did fine in 2049. Shame we won't get a sequel to that.

He did a great job getting his face demolished in Fight Club, but that was a long time ago.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user