True Detective

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
loving this show

God I hope they walk into some sort of Eyes Wide Shut Satanic party in the finale.

The part about the crane / lift they had to put up for the fence climbing part is quite impressive, especially when it's at the end of the sequence and so many things can go wrong with that part.
that shit was so intense.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
$5 bucks says Woody's father in law is involved in the old rich guy satanic pact

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
$5 bucks says Woody's father in law is involved in the old rich guy satanic pact
yeah, thats been my guess from episode 2, either him or the religious politician or they both are involved. its probably why the daughter drew those images and why the mom seems to be bitter about men.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The Tuttles being involved seems like pretty much a given, though maybe this show will avoid the givens. I wouldn't be bothered either way.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best show on TV right now, bar none. I expect many Emmy nominations.

The only minor nitpick I have on the last sequence is by the time the black chicks spots them to when they climb over the fence and then run to the car, no shots were fired on them. I thought for sure they were going to get shot at once they were over the fence.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I noticed that too. But I just imagined all those black dudes doing this offscreen:

Also, I can't imagine how tempted Woody Harrelson must have been to pull up in the car at the tail end of the scene and say something like "Hurry the fuck up and get in the car Matt!!-- ah shit, I'm sorry! I blooped! Everybody back to 1!!"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Time to start up a petition to bring Rust back next season imo.

He's full of old bullet holes, snorts pounds of coke, slaps bikers around, shrugs off a hit from behind by a giant gorilla with a goddamn bat, pistol whips said gorilla, and is tired of talking to you like you're a man.

rrr_img_60123.gif

Fedor

<Banned>
Best show on TV right now, bar none. I expect many Emmy nominations.

The only minor nitpick I have on the last sequence is by the time the black chicks spots them to when they climb over the fence and then run to the car, no shots were fired on them. I thought for sure they were going to get shot at once they were over the fence.
There was definitely a gunshot while they were climbing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah thought the same thing.

I feel like the reason they are "going after Rust" in modern day is because of this weeks episode...

During a major case he goes missing randomly for a week and then comes back with the suspect...Like the things he did this week to start finding LeDoux are off the record and no one knows, so I bet as they go back through the old case they think "WTF"

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

He's full of old bullet holes, snorts pounds of coke, slaps bikers around, shrugs off a hit from behind by a giant gorilla with a goddamn bat, pistol whips said gorilla, and is tired of talking to you like you're a man.

rrr_img_60123.gif
to be fair, with that much coke, crank, and god knows what going through your system you would shake off that bat shot too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Yeah thought the same thing.

I feel like the reason they are "going after Rust" in modern day is because of this weeks episode...

During a major case he goes missing randomly for a week and then comes back with the suspect...Like the things he did this week to start finding LeDoux are off the record and no one knows, so I bet as they go back through the old case they think "WTF"
Considering how they handled it and how they're covering their tracks in modern day I bet the PD will never know they had a suspect. He's probably got a date with an old shack and some pliers.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well Rust did say "How could he have done this today if we caught him in 1995"...so it implies SOMEONE goes to jail in 1995.

But maybe when they look at hte connections 15 years later without all the off the books shit, it looks more like Rust railroading someone to cover his own ass

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the case seems like it was closed before they called them back in, in 2012.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

rrr_img_60123.gif
So much this. MM is crushing this role. Woody is doing a great job of his own as well, but the way the two play off each other is what makes this the best show on TV right now.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The case was closed with somebody in jail then another murder happens in the present day with the same type of antlers and satanic iconography, thus they bring them in for interviews.