• Hillary

Votes: 114 31.1%
  • Libertarian-Gary-Abstain

Votes: 44 12.0%

• Total voters

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Ah yes. Calling into question the variable evolutionary malleability of certain traits, and asking for a definition of intelligence is 'politics'. :rolleyes:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Honesty I was gonna sit out my first election ever. Trump is a laughable egocentric twat peddling infomercial level bullshit. Hillary is Dick Cheney+ Don Rumsfeld + something that used to be an angry vagina. I am going with an unlike-able Billy Mays over the female Emperor Palpatine. It's totally about harm reduction at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Ah yes. Calling into question the variable evolutionary malleability of certain traits, and asking for a definition of intelligence is 'politics'. :rolleyes:
No, but setting up strawman arguments is a strong sign of politically motivated positions.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Stefan Molyneux is not the intellectual he would have you believe that he is.

Outside of a few select topics, his content is pretty fucking terrible.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Stefan Molyneux is not the intellectual he would have you believe that he is.

Outside of a few select topics, his content is pretty fucking terrible.

I mean he runs a philosophy channel, he's not a scientist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Which would be my whole entire point with the guy. He misunderstands biology. I like him, but I'll stick with his philo stuff and won't consider him any sort of biologically minded guy. He mentioned G factor which is a semi-useful tool for thinking about intelligence but isn't some solid holy grail. IQ is such a sloppy way to measure things in the first place and since he doesn't understand evolutionary biology he thinks that that sloppy measurement is determined genetically over the course of just a few thousand years and is primarily determined by skull size.

Stick to slaying Marxists Stef. You're better at that. They also don't understand biology.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Which would be my whole entire point with the guy. He misunderstands biology. I like him, but I'll stick with his philo stuff and won't consider him any sort of biologically minded guy. He mentioned G factor which is a semi-useful tool for thinking about intelligence but isn't some solid holy grail. IQ is such a sloppy way to measure things in the first place and since he doesn't understand evolutionary biology he thinks that that sloppy measurement is determined genetically over the course of just a few thousand years and is primarily determined by skull size.

Stick to slaying Marxists Stef. You're better at that. They also don't understand biology.

I think either you're misreading him or I missed some videos, but he's pretty much been in the "doesn't matter if it's biological or cultural" mindset because just relocating a group of people changes neither thing.

One of his central points in several videos is that he thinks it's damaging/racist to not discuss and do research regarding culture, parenting, nutrition, etc. because it's clearly observable average intelligence is higher in some areas than others and not doing the legwork to try and fix the disparity.

I know he's had the one crazier "race=IQ" guy on his channel but he seems to be more middle of the road on the subject himself.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Very well. I don't want to hijack this thread with bio/lib stuff. NvN is the place for this I think.

Sadris my man, thanks for posting the video though. Gave me something to chew on for the day.

(you racist fuck!)

(kidding)

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
No problem. I voted for GJ last cycle and plan to buy stock in his company, but his brain shit the bed the past four years. LP really let us down.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find it more than a little amusing republicans are calling Obama the worst president ever, when he followed someone who presided over a large scale domestic attack, started two failed wars, destabilized a region and led the charge into one of the largest financial meltdowns in history.

Edit - Oh yes, he also ran a large scale illegal domestic spying operation

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Just cast my Trump vote, vote by mail in OR. It was really the only option, but still felt weird.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Satanist Pedohpile Cannibal.

It's all coming out now.

Deanrollingeyes.gif