Twisted Metal

kroenen

Regimen Morum
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Twisted Metal

Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy

First aired: 2023-07-27

Cast: Anthony Mackie, Stephanie Beatriz, Thomas Haden Church, Richard Cabral, Will Arnett, Samoa Joe, Neve Campbell

Overview: A motor-mouthed outsider is offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

spronk

FPS noob
that trailer looks WAY better, the first trailer looked literally made by retards and nothing to do with twisted metal. nice to see my man jason zooks (Rafe from the league), violence looks kinda lame but meh, i'll probably watch

biggest issue is anthony mackie, dude has zero charisma and i have no idea how he keeps getting hired for anything

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am a HUGE Twisted Metal fan, so I will watch. I will likely be disappointed, but I will still watch.

It is such a shame that they only made two of those games. TM2 might be my favorite non-RPG game of all time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It is such a shame that they only made two of those games. TM2 might be my favorite non-RPG game of all time.
I get the joke you're making, but did you really not like Twisted Metal Black? I thought that one was pretty good. Am I remembering it wrong/retarded?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I get the joke you're making, but did you really not like Twisted Metal Black? I thought that one was pretty good. Am I remembering it wrong/retarded?
It was actually ok. It didn't feel anything like TM1/2 though, from what I remember. It was almost like they tried to be too realistic with it. Unless I'm mixing up sequels.

And I just watched that trailer, having previously seen the first one. As spronk said, this one is WAY better. I'm actually hopefully optimistic now. The main thing that could ruin it would be if Falcon's character is TOO jokey/sarcastic. That works if you are Nathan Fillion or Ryan Reynolds, but I'm pretty sure Mackie doesn't have whatever they do.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You really thought 3, 4, Black, and the reboot were that bad?
I can't honestly speak about any of them with any real confidence, but I remember being severely disappointed with a couple of them. I want to say that Black was decent, but am I thinking of a different one? No idea. All I know is that I can still distinctly remember playing TM2 and loving it, and none of the sequels gave me even a fraction of that enjoyment. It isn't even a nostalgia/kid thing for me, as I was in my mid-20s when 2 was released.

And to be perfectly honest, maybe I didn't play every one of those that you listed due to not having the system or even knowing they were released, but that sort of goes along with them being completely forgettable after 2. TM2 is talked about decades later, but how many people even knew there was a reboot? Not me. What system is it even on? All I see online is talk of one for the PS5 in the future, likely to capitalize on this show, but maybe I'm not aware of the one you're talking about.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I played the fuck out of TM4. I think that was the one with the Rage Against the Machine, Rob Zombie, etc soundtrack. Shit was great. If there was an online mode back in the day I would've spent a looooot more hours on that game. I just remember shit like blowing up the Eiffel Tower, the hot wheels track in the kids room, and making my own custom full sized van with tiger stripes and just listening to jams while driving around playing deathmatch type games.

Though I'm pretty sure I just played Orbit (?) at the end because his ultimate was so fucking OP and I could throw people off maps to their deaths. That would've been a meta spammer for online for sure.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't honestly speak about any of them with any real confidence, but I remember being severely disappointed with a couple of them. I want to say that Black was decent, but am I thinking of a different one? No idea. All I know is that I can still distinctly remember playing TM2 and loving it, and none of the sequels gave me even a fraction of that enjoyment. It isn't even a nostalgia/kid thing for me, as I was in my mid-20s when 2 was released.

And to be perfectly honest, maybe I didn't play every one of those that you listed due to not having the system or even knowing they were released, but that sort of goes along with them being completely forgettable after 2. TM2 is talked about decades later, but how many people even knew there was a reboot? Not me. What system is it even on? All I see online is talk of one for the PS5 in the future, likely to capitalize on this show, but maybe I'm not aware of the one you're talking about.

Usually when people make the joke about sequels not existing it's because they were terrible, not that they never bothered playing them.

Also don't know if I ever really hear anyone talking about TM2. It's always the series as a whole

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Usually when people make the joke about sequels not existing it's because they were terrible, not that they never bothered playing them.

Also don't know if I ever really hear anyone talking about TM2. It's always the series as a whole
What do you mean never bothered playing them? Even in my previous post I mentioned playing most of them. Looking at the wiki finally so I can be specific, I've played 1-4 ,Black, and the 2012 reboot you were referring to. I never played Head-On or Small Brawl it seems. Does that disqualify my joke?

2 was a huge improvement over 1 in all aspects except graphics. 3 and 4 were by a totally different team and sucked. Black was decent, but for me still wasn't anywhere near as amazing as 2. The reboot on PS3 is the one I am thinking of that tried to be way too realistic driving-wise for a Twisted Metal game, and sucked. I'm sure others disagree, but I was making the comment from my perspective, because none of them held a candle to 2, and I've forever been disappointed by their attempts that always ended in failure.

There we go, joke ruined.

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My fault. I thought when you said

that maybe you didn't play every one of those that I listed. I feel so embarrassed right now
Here, I'll change my wording.

"And to be perfectly honest, maybe I didn't play each and every one of those that you listed, just most of them"

Jesus Christ. Fine, you're right, the whole franchise is just fucking amazing and I'm an idiot for making a stupid joke.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Here, I'll change my wording.

"And to be perfectly honest, maybe I didn't play each and every one of those that you listed, just most of them"

Jesus Christ. Fine, you're right, the whole franchise is just fucking amazing and I'm an idiot for making a stupid joke.

Not sure why you're so defensive about this. When I asked if you didn't like the others you could have just said "Yes"

TV show information provided by The Movie Database