Twisted Metal

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reminded me of future man to a degree.
i think the humor in future man hit a lot better.

i know a lot of you guys enjoyed this but it was fairly meh for me. i didn't hate it... maybe i just was hoping something more in tune with the games, tone wise. sweet tooth was... fine, i guess? samoa joe's mannerisms were spot on, but i guess i just can't hear will arnett and think anything other than flat punchline. i mean, that's his thing and it works, i like him in roles that really take advantage of that, he's great as lego batman, for example. but as an unhinged sociopath i don't buy it. everytime he talks it's like he's priming for a joke... i don't know, i just wasn't feeling it.

same kind of thing with preacher. preacher didn't feel like his own character, he just felt like jason mantzoukas being jason mantzoukas. that's his thing, i get it... i loved him in brooklyn 99, but preacher is just pimento but able to swear.

ugh. i want to like this show, and i know a lot of people did, it just felt too... campy? maybe? i don't know

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had pretty low expectations but this isn't bad. They are kinda going for a James Gunn Suicide Squad or Peacemaker vibe. Not nearly as good as either but its worth a watch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i think the humor in future man hit a lot better.

i know a lot of you guys enjoyed this but it was fairly meh for me. i didn't hate it... maybe i just was hoping something more in tune with the games, tone wise. sweet tooth was... fine, i guess? samoa joe's mannerisms were spot on, but i guess i just can't hear will arnett and think anything other than flat punchline. i mean, that's his thing and it works, i like him in roles that really take advantage of that, he's great as lego batman, for example. but as an unhinged sociopath i don't buy it. everytime he talks it's like he's priming for a joke... i don't know, i just wasn't feeling it.

same kind of thing with preacher. preacher didn't feel like his own character, he just felt like jason mantzoukas being jason mantzoukas. that's his thing, i get it... i loved him in brooklyn 99, but preacher is just pimento but able to swear.

ugh. i want to like this show, and i know a lot of people did, it just felt too... campy? maybe? i don't know
Future Man also had Eliza Coupe who is like top 5 for me ever since Happy Endings.