Twitch.tv

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
The 2.50 for subs is the basic deal for partners. People like Summit make more then that per sub, the exact amount they can not share. I wouldn't be surprised if Summit and Lirik make $4 per sub.

Summit has 25k subs now. He "only" had around 6k or so before the sale of Twitch. Amazon Prime has really done amazing things for all the streamers, big and small. Definitely wouldn't surprise me to see him with a cut as big as 80%.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
1,000 viewers is definitely rough to count on as income, but it's not THAT far to get more than that, because averaging 1,000 viewers is still more than at least 99% of the streams out there and makes you pretty likely to be in the top 2 rows when people are browsing a game (except for League but even then you scroll down slightly and see like 500 viewer streamers right quick)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
ZP from the old boards got a fairly successful stream going based on Heroes of the Storm, regularly 3-4k viewers, but he doesn't stream anymore. I think he's busy doing competitive gaming stuff.

Shame he's not still around, he would be the person to talk about stuff like this.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Summit has 25k subs now. He "only" had around 6k or so before the sale of Twitch. Amazon Prime has really done amazing things for all the streamers, big and small. Definitely wouldn't surprise me to see him with a cut as big as 80%.

And although lirik doesn't say, he's probably around 40k subs. Combine that with donations and he's bringing in 100k+ a month easy. Probably closer to 150k honestly.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point, if you are just starting and want to make it on Twitch, you probably need to go full character mode, a la Dr Disrespect. I don't care how cool a bro you are, you are not going to get anyone's attention just playing games and talking to chat every once in awhile. If you are a girl, you can bust out the bobs for a couple hundred viewers, but their audience is only ever going to be plebs, trolls, and white knights.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure many of the 1K views dudes still have some type of job or still live at home. Im betting many, many steamers still do this as just a thing while they play after work.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I feel bad for the guy who quits his job to go full time streamer thinking that they will make it big.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At this point, if you are just starting and want to make it on Twitch, you probably need to go full character mode, a la Dr Disrespect. I don't care how cool a bro you are, you are not going to get anyone's attention just playing games and talking to chat every once in awhile. If you are a girl, you can bust out the bobs for a couple hundred viewers, but their audience is only ever going to be plebs, trolls, and white knights.

Im sure were going to be seeing many more peeps like the Dr. coming up. Honestly his shit is funny sometimes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I think the best way would be to chase hype games and hope you get lucky. Short of a big streamer hooking you up, that's the way i've seen most people make their break.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
PUBG was good for that. many 1K peeps got huge numbers. Its a fun game to watch, thats why.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
ZP from the old boards got a fairly successful stream going based on Heroes of the Storm, regularly 3-4k viewers, but he doesn't stream anymore. I think he's busy doing competitive gaming stuff.

Shame he's not still around, he would be the person to talk about stuff like this.

ZP is now one of the most popular personalities in Overwatch. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets brought into the fold by Blizzard to cast Overwatch League.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
50/50 split is also the best negotiation you can get from twitch. AFAIK lesser streamers get a larger cut taken away by twitch.

50/50 is the basic, you can even start higher if you have some negotiating leverage.

The biggest raise streamers got was the advent of Twitch Prime. That shit has been insane for everyone.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One thing I've wondered (yeah I'm a nerd that brings business to everything) is a couple of the streamers I watch are full time now, what possible plans they have when the game they stream dies off. One has a larg audience of 3k a stream and 400k on youtube and he steams 3 times a week. That is his full time job now, but he only streams one game and has for a couple of years. He recently got his PhD, but will have no work experience with it past graduation. Once that game isn't worth streaming any longer he will have to pick up another game or something. I asked him, said he never thought about it.

Another has a mechanical engineering degree and streams 6 days a week on one game and has for several years. If you have a mechanical engineering degree and no engineering work for several years I would think it would be real hard to just pick up from 5 years ago.

In some ways a lot of it centers around either RMT or gambling for RMT for stuff in game. They both give away items you can purchase in game, one of them items that can be used for game time and such.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The first step is you need to build your audience and then you can branch out to similar, newer games. Like Kripp is primarily a Hearthstone streamer but he made his viewerbase off Diablo and PoE. But how he's basically the de-facto "TCG/CCG streamer" so he's getting paid straight up by other companies to stream their TCG.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im sure many of the 1K views dudes still have some type of job or still live at home. Im betting many, many steamers still do this as just a thing while they play after work.
For sure, this is what most people do. I actually keep thinking I should, but adulting makes even sitting down to play a game so erratic that I'm usually pausing every 15 minutes to do something. Seems dumb to waste even my unlimited data on that :p

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm subbed to Forsen with Twitch Prime because when he is streaming other games and not Hearthstone, you can see he is actually a pretty cool and funny guy.

I occasionally give donations to some other smaller streamers I enjoy watching mainly as a source of encouragement and can see they are trying their best to entertain.

I don't really watch most of the huge streamers. I used to watch Kripp but can't stand him now.

Relevant:

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm subbed to Forsen with Twitch Prime because when he is streaming other games and not Hearthstone, you can see he is actually a pretty cool and funny guy.

I occasionally give donations to some other smaller streamers I enjoy watching mainly as a source of encouragement and can see they are trying their best to entertain.

I don't really watch most of the huge streamers. I used to watch Kripp but can't stand him now.

Relevant:

And that's just in the first couple months of the year FYI.